Gaming Wind Waker HD

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not for Skyward Sword. Wii motion plus games didn't need to be aimed at the receiver, since they relied only on the gyros, etc built into the Wiimotion plus itself. Only regular Wii games that used the pointer (like Metroid Prime Trilogy) needed to be aimed at the receiver.
Fun Fact: The "receiver" is actually inside the WiiMote - it contains an IR camera. The "source" of the IR signal is the Sensor Bar, which is named quite crudely as it's not "sensing" anything - it's just two IR diodes.

//Fun Off-topic

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fun Fact: The "receiver" is actually inside the WiiMote - it contains an IR camera. The "source" of the IR signal is the Sensor Bar, which is named quite crudely as it's not "sensing" anything - it's just two IR diodes.

//Fun Off-topic
More Fun Facts: This means you can hook up the Sensor Bar to a power source other than the Wii and the Wiimote pointing will still work properly.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Even if it involved playing both Zelda and Link? I'm all for that. Or perhaps Deku Boy and Link. Or Maybe Dark Link + Link?
I just hope it isn't "multiplayer" the way Super Mario Galaxy called someone else pointing a second wiimote and shooting star bits "multiplayer" :P

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you'll control a fairy and be able to shout advice to your mate :creep:
genius-meme.png
XD

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Yeah they should stay away from backseat driver kinda multiplayer.

If they should keep the camera like recent Zeldas (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword) then surely they won't be able to have 2 player on screen multiplayer. Unless it's splitscreen. But I'd rather they'd NOT have such multiplayer. Perhaps one person could play on the TV while the other play on the Wii U Pad. But still they'd have to two different renderings this way and it costs more cpu/gpu to do this. Which means less good graphics and probably less enemies on screen and similar. This could be done via online-only-multiplayer aswell but that kind takes away a bit of the immersion, unless you have good ways to communicate with your friend.

However, if they went back to old Zelda's style (Zelda 1,3,4,Oracles, etc.) they'd be able to keep two or more characters on the screen at the same time no problem.

Imagine playing Link, a Zora, a Goron and perhaps Zelda herself! Where they all have different skills and abilities they can gain.
Then again they're free to introduce new characters to the series aswell.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they should stay away from backseat driver kinda multiplayer.

If they should keep the camera like recent Zeldas (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword) then surely they won't be able to have 2 player on screen multiplayer. Unless it's splitscreen. But I'd rather they'd NOT have such multiplayer. Perhaps one person could play on the TV while the other play on the Wii U Pad. But still they'd have to two different renderings this way and it costs more cpu/gpu to do this. Which means less good graphics and probably less enemies on screen and similar. This could be done via online-only-multiplayer aswell but that kind takes away a bit of the immersion, unless you have good ways to communicate with your friend.

However, if they went back to old Zelda's style (Zelda 1,3,4,Oracles, etc.) they'd be able to keep two or more characters on the screen at the same time no problem.

Imagine playing Link, a Zora, a Goron and perhaps Zelda herself! Where they all have different skills and abilities they can gain.
Then again they're free to introduce new characters to the series aswell.
I think one person on the TV and another on the gamepad is the most likely scenario.

And who knows, perhaps multiplayer doesn't have to take place in the main game. Maybe there would be a dedicated multiplayer mode where you play cooperatively or competitively through the different dungeons, or something like that. Or maybe there would be all-new dungeons designed specifically for co-op. After all, that's what aLttP/FS did on the GBA... you had the main game, and then the multiplayer game (four swords) which was a separate mode. Heck, perhaps it WOULD be like Four swords, except in 3D, and you could do up to four players online (two on each system, with the TV and gamepad).

It would be very interesting, to say the least.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I'd say... Make it like Secret of Mana. My favourite Zelda-game, which isn't a Zelda-game, of all time.
Then again I would not cry a bit if there was no multiplayer at all :D

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well for start we have no clue what era in the timeline the next zelda will be he might not have a sister he might have a brother, a friend who knows so multiplayer is deffintaly not out of the question.

I'd say... Make it like Secret of Mana
if it was like that with online play than...

13034936768621.jpg

Reactions: TripleSMoon

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For the record, I agree with Gamefan about OoT. Don't get me wrong, I love OoT (my first Zelda game), but of all the 3D Zelda titles, it's my least favorite (except for arguably Skyward Sword, which is a completely different topic, and since I haven't yet finished the game, it wouldn't be fair for me to conclude that regardless)

I played Zelda 1, 2, ALttP and minish cap of 2D Zeldas
For me, Zelda OOT is far better than MM, PH and ST.
I also prefer it to the 2D Zeldas I mentioned.
I haven't played WW, TP or SS,
Said that, I say it's my favorite Zelda so far.

Nostalgia factor doesn't count here, since I barely touched the game on N64 time,
I rented it a few times, but I've only played the game for real about 3 years ago.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I played Zelda 1, 2, ALttP and minish cap of 2D Zeldas
For me, Zelda OOT is far better than MM, PH and ST.
I also prefer it to the 2D Zeldas I mentioned.
I haven't played WW, TP or SS,
Said that, I say it's my favorite Zelda so far.

Nostalgia factor doesn't count here, since I barely touched the game on N64 time,
I rented it a few times, but I've only played the game for real about 3 years ago.
Do PH and ST count as 3D games? I always considered them to be 2D games.

Anyway, my favorite thing about OoT is the pick-up-and-play aspect... There's not many tutorials, etc. You just start with a couple cutscenes, and get straight into the gameplay. It's straight forward and fun, and the 3DS version further enhances the "pick up and play" aspect, which is really nice.

Reactions: gamefan5

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do PH and ST count as 3D games? I always considered them to be 2D games.

Anyway, my favorite thing about OoT is the pick-up-and-play aspect... There's not many tutorials, etc. You just start with a couple cutscenes, and get straight into the gameplay. It's straight forward and fun, and the 3DS version further enhances the "pick up and play" aspect, which is really nice.

They're certainly 3D games. The camera is always in the top but so it is in metal gear solid it's the same case, yet no one considers MGS a 2d game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mig switch already has a v2 lol
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    How we doin' in here?
    OGSniper @ OGSniper: How we doin' in here?