Gaming Wind Waker HD

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I'm not going to trust the credibility of someone who can't even care to type properly.

I'll take the credit of the guy who correctly leaked a ton of other info though.
Take a look here and do the maths.

895 AUD / 599 USD = 1.5 #Stupid company region pricing rate for PS3
1.5 * 539 USD (as you have quoted at least 5 times on the temp since yesterday) = 808.50 USD

999.95 AUD / $895 = 1.12 #Conversion rate
1.12 * 808.50 = 905.52 AUD

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is though, there are a bunch of great WiiU titles, better than kind of any console ever had. But I have a couple theories as to why the launch isn't going as planned:

- The years of people bashing Nintendo, people see Nintendo as a kiddy toy, and not a serious gaming platform.
- People can't afford one in this economy yet.
- People who have a PS3/360 don't want a WiiU as stated in the first reason, and have no need for a second console.
- People thinks its too early to bring out new consoles.
- They see a gimmick and nothing more and that Nintendo just releases the same old stuff year after year after year.

Personally I love the WiiU. I have ZombiU, NSMB U, Nintendo Land, and Sonic Racing as well as a bunch of eShop titles. I plan on buying maybe another game tomorrow, thinking CoD but I don't know.
I don't want a Wii U because it does not have any games that I like. I'm not into Mario games and most of the games on Wii U can be played on my PS3.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, because $300 is SO EXPENSIVE for next gen hardware that comes with a freaking tablet controller. :rolleyes:

And the PS3 was $600 at launch. There's just simply no comparison whatsoever.

Plus I don't have it handy, but there was a chart of console launch prices adjusted for inflation and stuff, and the Wii U is comparatively one of the cheapest console launch prices out there.

not everyone lives in the us. Over here, the 300 dollar version is rougly translated to 500 dollars and the 350 dollar version is roughly 600 dollars so yes, that IS expensive-.-

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Way to go everyone. You turned a thread about a Wii U game into a thread about PS4 price speculation. Only on the temp... :rolleyes:

I think they should ditch the whole wind thing and give Link a motor so we can get around quicker. Change the wind gods to fuel gods that appear and fill your tank when you summon them with the baton. Upgrade it to a jet engine later in the game, and then add an extra dungeon to acquire the Din's Safety Harness so that Link doesn't fall out of the boat. Outset Island to The Forsaken Fortress in 4 seconds. That should liven things up a little.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't wait for this game to hit shelves. My only question is why didn't Ninty get it ready for launch? I bet if this was a launch titles sales would be much higher for the console. I know lack of great launch titles hurt the Wii, and it seems to be hurting Wii U as well.
It doesn't seem to have hurt the Wii, they sold out immediately on launch day and were hard to get for a while.
It probably helped a lot that the Wii had Twilight Princess, I don't think a Wind Waker remake would have quite as big of an impact on sales for the Wii U, but it certainly would help.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
not everyone lives in the us. Over here, the 300 dollar version is rougly translated to 500 dollars and the 350 dollar version is roughly 600 dollars so yes, that IS expensive-.-
Granted but that's an issue with all consoles in Australia, not specifically The Wii U. Two very different issues

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sure its an issue with all consoles but that is the point. also, i am not from australia ;)
i also amde an error in my euro dollar conversion. its about 450 not 600 but thats not my point. my point was it:

WHY spend so much money on a console that HAS NO GAMES I AM INTERESTED IN?

i will eventually buy a wiiu for wind waker HD and xenoblade but my oriinal point stands:

some people didnt buy the system because the price/gaming ratio was not worth it.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sure its an issue with all consoles but that is the point. also, i am not from australia ;)
i also amde an error in my euro dollar conversion. its about 450 not 600 but thats not my point. my point was it:

WHY spend so much money on a console that HAS NO GAMES I AM INTERESTED IN?

i will eventually buy a wiiu for wind waker HD and xenoblade but my oriinal point stands:

some people didnt buy the system because the price/gaming ratio was not worth it.
Yes, but as I detailed in my previous post, there's a difference between saying something is generally too expensive, and personally too expensive. What you described here is "personally too expensive." which is perfectly valid, but that doesn't mean it should have a price cut.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
europe is a friggin expensive place to live in anyway. regular people just cant afford to spend so much money on a gaming device. especially one that has only games they can buy months earlier on consoles they already have.

if nintendo does not want to make the system cheaper (something that already proofed to be a good idea with the 3ds that was in a similar position) they at least need to bring out some heavy hitting titles like for example wind waker HD. but they don't because they did not plan ahead accordingly. So why not release mario sunshine as download meanwhile? or anything worthwhile for the system?

i am an avid nintendo fan but the fact of the matter is the system as it is now is completely useless. zombiU is a nice game but does not merit a buy. neither does new super mario bros U. especially in europe where services like netflix and the likes are not even available in most countries. so we pay more for less service...

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER