[Window 7] Torrent Software ?

Solution
Bittorrent is the very first and very simplistic downloader, one instance per download.

if you want a very small client with all downloads inside, and only want to download files, I recommend Baretorrent (and here for new releases).
I tested it and it's very minimalist, it .. only downloads.
no sharing rules, no speed rules per torrent, no plugin, nothing :P
But it supports magnet URLs !

Personally, I always used and preferred Azureus (now renamed to Vuze). it's a java program, is resources eating, but has plenty of settings and features for automation (RSS downloads, auto speed and sharing setup, lot of plug-ins, etc.).
It's maybe hard to setup now, as it added features over development time, I knew it from the start so...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There are a ton of different torrenting software you can use, I would suggest testing out a few and seeing which you like best, which seems easiest to use and configure for you.

Personally, I like qBittorrent the best, since it's essentially uTorrent before uTorrent went to shit and has a ton of nice options on it. If I had to choose a secondary, it'd probably be Transmission.

Some more popular torrenting software includes:
uTorrent
Bittorrent
Vuze
Transmission
Deluge
Tixati

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bittorrent is the very first and very simplistic downloader, one instance per download.

if you want a very small client with all downloads inside, and only want to download files, I recommend Baretorrent (and here for new releases).
I tested it and it's very minimalist, it .. only downloads.
no sharing rules, no speed rules per torrent, no plugin, nothing :P
But it supports magnet URLs !

Personally, I always used and preferred Azureus (now renamed to Vuze). it's a java program, is resources eating, but has plenty of settings and features for automation (RSS downloads, auto speed and sharing setup, lot of plug-ins, etc.).
It's maybe hard to setup now, as it added features over development time, I knew it from the start so I could easily upgrade it.
I recommend the old interface, without left panel.

Solution

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I'd and I do use uTorrent. Because if you don't have any idea of configurating bittorrent clients, you can use the automatic configuration option that configurates the best settings you can choose so it doesn't "resource eat" your bandwidth and you don't have any lag (ping) nor net drops.
But well, that's something you should test and compare, but for sure, you'll keep uTorrent if you're lazy enough.

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
First off, going to "follow" everyone who replied to this post.

Thanks for all of the helpful replies, inbox messages, and wall posts !

After some trail and error I went with one called "BitTornado"

It more or less got the job done...I had to make sure my PC did not "idle" for too long or the client pause it's seeding and leeching.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use uTorrent 2.2.1 for years now. It is accepted on all private trackers, and I haven't bothered looking into a new one since I never ran into any problems with the 2.2.1 build of utorrent.

If you want a list of torrent clients that is allowed by a semi private tracker see this list: http://wiki.bakabt.me/index.php/BT_Clients . It has info on the allowed torrent clients and clients that are not allowed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo