windows 10 update problem

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My windows 10 pc won't install the Microsoft edge update after restart can anyone help me?

2020-05 Microsoft edge update for windows 10 version 2004 for x64-based systems (KB4559309)

there is a red exclamation mark next to restart required

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My windows 10 pc won't install the Microsoft edge update after restart can anyone help me?

2020-05 Microsoft edge update for windows 10 version 2004 for x64-based systems (KB4559309)

there is a red exclamation mark next to restart required
EDGE? :unsure:

Uh... go to Settings... then to Applications, then to Default Apps, then to Web Explorer, and choose EDGE.
If this doesn't work, I'd suggest you to do the same but choose the "Reset" option.
If that doesn't work, then, I'd suggest you to re-install all your appx with Windows Power Shell.

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDGE? :unsure:

Uh... go to Settings... then to Applications, then to Default Apps, then to Web Explorer, and choose EDGE.
If this doesn't work, I'd suggest you to do the same but choose the "Reset" option.
If that doesn't work, then, I'd suggest you to re-install all your appx with Windows Power Shell.
The first 2 options didn't work I guess I'll try to find a tutorial for the 3rd option to install my appx with windows power shell

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? That's strange.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Literally?

Try that before you reinstall your appx with Powershell.
When I hold the power button down it looks like its shut off but won't turn back on when I push the power button again it will randomly turn on when I unplug any usb and the power chord its a laptop btw

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When I hold the power button down it looks like its shut off but won't turn back on when I push the power button again it will randomly turn on when I unplug any usb and the power chord its a laptop btw
That sounds like a broken button.
So you're saying that your laptop won't restart when you choose "Restart" from the Windows button?
I think there's a shortcut key to restart your laptop.

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like a broken button.
So you're saying that your laptop won't restart when you choose "Restart" from the Windows button?
I think there's a shortcut key to restart your laptop.
No it will restart just fine but it won't shut down from the windows button or by holding the power button

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf