Gaming Windows 7 on my high school/college?

dajavax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
last friday my high school (which is also a college) started having Windows 7, for all the teachers or students, at the library. My question is: is it possible this is RTM or GA?... i mean the one they will sell? even if it hasn't come out... they had windows xp before... well i just wish it was ultimate or home premium haha... they have professional

dajavax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
ohh i thought professional didn't have windows media center, dvd maker and those things... like vista... and then... RTM is supposed to be the same as GA?... they always talk about them being different in microsoft... guess i'll get it then
biggrin.gif

edit: after seeing the chart i'm guessing they have enterprise rather than professional... looks pretty much like ultimate without the games
tongue.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering this too, what does RTM mean (I know it stands for Release to Marketing), but what makes it different from RC and the actual product?
I need to know before I burn the RTM I got from MSDNAA to a DVD.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
The RTM is the official release - its basically the build that is released this week.
The RC is basically a more finalized version of the beta, it doesn't have everything, its close to finished but not quite there yet, it may also contain bugs that the RTM fixes.
The beta is well...the beta.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dajavax said:
edit: after seeing the chart i'm guessing they have enterprise rather than professional... looks pretty much like ultimate without the games
tongue.gif
you prbbably wont see enterprise until after the release and even then,after that alot of schools dont get it because people leak the key online since its a VLK key, it can be activated multiple times

and eventually turn up on multiple torrent sites and such and the key gets black listed by MS

dajavax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
you were right... it was not enterprise... it was professional... but seems they are using a key that can be used multiple times... i'll see if i can check today though i just rented it at the library
biggrin.gif

still... is there a difference between RTM and GA... i mean... the one out at MSDN and the one they will physically sell... seems there isn't for all i've heard...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only enterprise has a VLK

pro has a single user key

enterprise was meant for businesses and schools that would install on multiple systems instead of buying the OS over and over again

they just buy a VLK and they are done

every other OS ver is OEM or RETAIL licensing

dajavax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
Joe88 said:
only enterprise has a VLK

pro has a single user key

enterprise was meant for businesses and schools that would install on multiple systems instead of buying the OS over and over again

they just buy a VLK and they are done

every other OS ver is OEM or RETAIL licensing
yeah that's what i would've think... that's why i though my school would have enterprise... i really doubt my school buys the OS each time someone asks for a licence... we're... a REALLY big school... i mean... many campuses and stuff... well as i said earlier... i'm going to try installing it both at my desktop and laptop and see what happens... though i'm making backups first...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: 🤯🤯🤯 thats crazy