OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Logo+Windows+Phone+8.JPG

Today the 14th April is a big day, if not the biggest yet when there comes to Microsoft's mobile platform since Windows Mobile, today is the release day of Windows Phone 8.1. I have been using it for a while now and I will be discussing what I like and what I don't like about it. But before I just want to talk about why I love Windows Phone and use it as my daily driver.

Why I love Windows Phone
I have been using Windows Phone for over a year and a half now, my first impression of it was "Wow this is beautiful and simple". Now 1 and a half year later I understand the Windows Phone team's view of Windows Phone, its meant to be as personal as possible, its meant to be as simple as possible while still being complex, and its meant to be a os which you can pickup fast see what's new and get back into your life. #Switch

What I love about it
  1. Cortana, yes CORTANA how awesome isn't it to have Cortana on your phone, Cortana is your new voice assistance, she is still in beta but somehow succeed to totally blow up Siri and Google Now, that's impressive.
  2. Action Center, sure Android and iOS have had this for years, but on Windows Phone its different sure we don't have the complex API that Android have yet, but Windows Phone have succeeded to come close to totally blow Android out of the way. Its a very simple design, but as beautiful. And let's admit it, we have been missing this feature since day one.
  3. Background. As with the Action Center this is not something new for mobile platforms however the way Windows Phone manages to implement it, its like the tiles are glass laying over a picture with parralex scrolling.
  4. IE11, laugh you but with the new tab syncing, WebGL and HTML5 improvements its one of the best mobile web browsers according to me.
What I dislikes about it
  1. Missing API's, as a developer there are some API's I miss, like the possibility to change keyboard or home screen or as mention before with the Action Center, I the possibility to have a loading bar in my toast notification.
  2. Too many things are US only, I hate it, no everybody hate it Period.

Extra Info:
I will be updating this thread with more info at a later time, I will also be adding screenshot's etc. At a later point of time. For now leave your thoughts down below.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Being an android user kinda interested to see how windows phone is progressing. Post us some screen shots and thanks in advance

Reactions: filfat

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just got a smart phone a month ago.
I had a Windows Mobile 6 phone at one time.

Seriously, I wouldn't use 80% of the features that offered windows phone.
Cortana on your phone?
Cool, neat n snazzy, until some petty thug mugs you of your phone.

Honestly I keep me phone on vibrate and all sounds off at all time, just to prevent from getting mugged.
This might sound extreme but it nearly happened before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Vice City kind of feels like Miami lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, it's a parody iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea think that's where it was supposed to be, Miami
    +1
    Having been to Miami hmmm probably a hundred times lol
    Back in my days as a delivery driver for a cartel well driver slash guy they would send if a payment was forgotten lol
    you know to help them find their checkbook lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gta4 was NewYork or Chicago, gta5 is California
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn camera phones catching crimes
    Always some women screaming... You break a few thousand dollars worth of crap in someone's living room and they scream lol
    lol Ken yeah the things I did as a kid I am soooo glad those didn't exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If someone breaks my $20 TV stand their nose is getting broke
    Psi would be doing like 300-3,000 years in prison lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    He had the 20K he owed the very next day it was a miracle lol
    Psi was a bad bad man at one point lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life, or at least put you in 6 as a character.
    I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...
    I have a giant check list of impossible things, and I haven't done them all yet lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Was the pot farmer in San andreas
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You live in Florida, so I believe it, you guys are crazy.
    At the time I would have probably fed it people lol
    Seriously cocaine not even once lol
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/ksKhszIVVgI?si=dzDtVHt5knVGFRh1