[WINNER ANNOUNCED] Win a Limited Edition Avicii Switch Lite

-Update 25.08.2020-

We have now drawn the lucky winner using Gleam's built in randomizer, so without further ado, the lucky winner of the custom Avicii Switch Lite is.. [prebreak]1[/prebreak]

GBAtemp member @Necron

Congratulations, I will pass your information over to Wired!

Thanks to everyone who entered and look out for more awesome competitions on GBAtemp in 2020.

-----Original Post-----

GBAtemp has partnered up with Wired Productions to bring you the chance to win an exclusive limited edition Avicii Invector branded Switch Lite:

Avicii_Switch_Lite_BeautyImage_1080p.jpg

Critically acclaimed rhythm game, AVICII Invector comes to Nintendo Switch September 8th on what would have been the powerhouse performer’s 31st birthday. AVICII Invector Encore Edition features ten new tracks, including music from his posthumous album, Tim

Only 5 of these Switch Lites have been created, and for your chance to win one use any of the following methods to enter:

GBAtemp Limited Edition Avicii Invector: Encore Edition Switch Lite Giveaway

D

Deleted User

That dude took his own life. Such a sad end.

I wouldn't say this is necessarily disrespectful in regards to him, but at the same time I wouldn't buy a "limited edition" product if a company made of Robin Williams or Brittany Murphy. It just doesn't feel right.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm...who cares?
Good thing you weren't picked as the winner then, since you posted in here. :P

I remember seeing videos about this guy; he killed himself because the world is evil and wants to cause your hopes and dreams to become nightmares. The demons in his life are what did him in, no doubt about that. He was young and weak-minded, thus the businesses who got him in their contracts were able to use him until he couldn't take the stress any longer.

My advice to any one who has ambitions? Never trust the first person who seems to want to make your dream come true. If you find that nobody is trustworthy, then go at it alone. Several indie musicians find success by word of mouth alone, and especially because of this digital age we live in, it's now much easier to spread the word to a lot of people. That won't eliminate problems, but at least you can have more control over what you do.

Now, that doesn't mean you'll become a global sensation overnight, unless you have a gift from God (which I believe in!). Then again, maybe you will. You might get your music noticed and used in stuff, then even if you never have any more hits, your passion keeps you going.

Ah, but I talk too much. Anyhow, is this a tribute ti Avicii, or is it just to capitalize on his death? Hard to tell, really.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That dude took his own life. Such a sad end.

I wouldn't say this is necessarily disrespectful in regards to him, but at the same time I wouldn't buy a "limited edition" product if a company made of Robin Williams or Brittany Murphy. It just doesn't feel right.
Brittany Murphy didn't commit suicide, though. She just had a fatal health problem. I still miss her. :cry: She was great!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyhow, is this a tribute ti Avicii, or is it just to capitalize on his death? Hard to tell, really.
Most likely the latter. Continuing to release new things with his name branded on them after his death that he likely had nothing to do with, and using an out of context quote to make it seem like it was his idea rubs me the wrong way, and I can't imagine it's anything other than a cash grab.
To me it's kind of like if an author died and someone from his publisher continued to write more books and releasing them under his name...
Game is decent enough though. And I can't complain about free custom Switches. The game just seems in a bit bad taste especially so soon after his death. It would be different if it was like the last project he was part of before his death and they finished it up after the fact but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter