ROM Hack [WIP] Blaster Master Zero - Original Soundtrack Restoration

FateForWindows

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LATEST CHANGE: Out of hiatus. Major progress has been made and most of the non-dialogue tracks are now finished!
The Original Soundtrack Restoration mod for Blaster Master Zero restores the soundtrack from the original NES classic. This mod is currently Nintendo 3DS-exclusive. To help improve consistency, some songs from other Sunsoft games (such as Gimmick) will be included in a seperate pack.
Progress (more songs will be added as development continues)
Area 1 - FULLY WORKING. Note: Music plays intro regardless of if you started a new game since the original does the same thing. Loop may not be completely clean.
Area 2 - FULLY WORKING.
Dungeon 1 - FULLY WORKING.
Song used is Happy Birthday from the Famicom release of Mr. Gimmick.
Area 3 - FULLY WORKING.
Area 4 - FULLY WORKING.
Area 5 - FULLY WORKING.
Area 6 - Finished, not working. This is an error on my part (wrong music file).
Dungeon 2 - No current replacement.
Area 7/Underworld (Multidimentional) Overlord/Goez - FULLY WORKING, with a surprise in the other Sunsoft music pack.
Area 8 - FULLY WORKING.
Dungeon 3 - No current replacement.
Area 9 - No current replacement
Ending - INCOMPLETE.
Boss Siren - Finished, not added.
Boss Theme - FULLY WORKING
Midboss Theme - FULLY WORKING.
Title Screen - No current replacement.
Area Clear - Finished, not added.
Invem (Mutant Core)/Invem MA-XX/Invem Sophia/When Central Core and Sophia III have a child - INCOMPLETE. Song will be Identity Believer from the NES version of Mr. Gimmick.
Dialogue Themes - Partially complete.
Downloads
Currently there are no downloads. Once everything is ready, the mod will be released.
Why was this made?
In my personal opinion, the original soundtrack of Blaster Master was great. I also enjoyed the soundtrack of Blaster Master Zero, but felt a bit disappointed and felt, like a few other fans of the game, that the soundtrack of Zero was more generic. Compared to the original, the remake didn't do justice music-wise, which was very disappointing, since in most other aspects (except difficulty) it was much better than the original classic.

In the following months after the release, the hope of having a classic soundtrack DLC has become less and less. Therefore, I bring you this mod.

This page will be updated and expanded as more progress is completed.

Last edited by FateForWindows,
Reactions: CaptainSwag101

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do like the nes music, but i also appreciate the new music, but perhaps a option for original music will be included in future update? The game isn't "Complete" yet, dlc is planned so maybe hold off on it until more news is made? I'm not defending the idea of this project but just maybe the problem could solve itself.

FateForWindows

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do like the nes music, but i also appreciate the new music, but perhaps a option for original music will be included in future update? The game isn't "Complete" yet, dlc is planned so maybe hold off on it until more news is made? I'm not defending the idea of this project but just maybe the problem could solve itself.
True, we already know about the Gunvolt DLC so there might be a classic music DLC.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

FateForWindows

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Area 1 and 2 are done, all of the bcstm music heard during those sections, with the exception of some dialogue themes, have been replaced.

FateForWindows

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump, but this project is back from its hiatus and all main tracks not contained in the bcsar and a few that are in it have been completed. Expect a release soon™.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom