Homebrew [WIP] Halo Solitude & Halo Revamped 3DS Port

Lotoonlink

Probably doesn't know what he's talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's happening @TCPixel are you still working on this. I am pretty sure that your very busy at the moment so it's all good man hopefully we finally see a release 3dsx version of this

Thanks
You bet me to it Wolfy because this isnt easy work and considering one guy is working on this we give gotta give him as much time as possible because he is probably working his butt off to make this look very good :)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that seems like how its like for alot of developers
Developing software takes time, and unless you make good money doing it many other irl things can have priority over developing that software. And sometimes even when you have free time you would rather spend it on something you enjoy more because you don't get much time to do fun things when life gets busy. Honestly I'm sometimes surprised how active some devs are. With college and a 35 hour work week even I find it difficult to set aside time for things like my YouTube channel.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

patkz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I don't have a 3DS, but was just wondering if this happens to have a skull model in it? I contributed to the project several years ago when a previous developer took it over. I just came across this and was curious if the skull model ever made it in.

Lotoonlink

Probably doesn't know what he's talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TCPixel You should probably put your newest video on Halo Solitude (which isn't that new) explaining why this isn't out yet in the OP. Just so people know you haven't abbonded this completly yet.

TCPixel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news! I have fixed one of the biggest bugs that has been plaguing release; the gamemode bug! I've been trying to fix this for quite a while as it stopped other game modes from executing, all because I was trying to push a float instead of an int(coding is so fun). I'm creating some new non-transparent sprites since there is no transparency like there was on the PSP. Hopefully @MasterFeizz releases a new version of quake for 3ds utilizing hardware rendering, but even if he doesn't Revamped will have a release, just not the prettiest(Quake is running in software mode)

Speaking of release, watch closely because its happening in days to come! Depending on the response of the community to the release, new content could come =)
I also want to thank the developers of citra for making my life soooo much easier when testing!

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news! I have fixed one of the biggest bugs that has been plaguing release; the gamemode bug! I've been trying to fix this for quite a while as it stopped other game modes from executing, all because I was trying to push a float instead of an int(coding is so fun). I'm creating some new non-transparent sprites since there is no transparency like there was on the PSP. Hopefully @MasterFeizz releases a new version of quake for 3ds utilizing hardware rendering, but even if he doesn't Revamped will have a release, just not the prettiest(Quake is running in software mode)

Speaking of release, watch closely because its happening in days to come! Depending on the response of the community to the release, new content could come =)
I also want to thank the developers of citra for making my life soooo much easier when testing!
Glad you fixed that major bug! Looking forward to the release. :toot:

thunderjackl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Glad to see things are going well :toot:

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

We spoke into the abyss, and the abyss spoke back...

In all seriousness though, it's great to hear that this project not only hasn't been abandoned but is finally coming out soon. I'm looking forward to it. :3

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States

dude, besides getting some buddies to help me make a full set of kushla armor, this made my night... thank you, I will be waiting excitedly for release :D

SeeFamGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking into a cia and 3dsx release. Normally I could put this in as a mod for ctrquake but I am doing some engine specific changes so it will be a standalone app aside from ctrquake
How do you install this? I keep getting an error "couldn't load gfx.wad"

asialsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be mentioned that this doesn't currently work with o3DS on 11.4.0 because there isn't a homebrew payload for it, and the .cia version still runs under homebrew userland because ... reasons?

Probably should build a proper loader .cia instead of just a forwarder, if you get a chance. If not, I understand completely. (It's a compiling nightmare at times!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol