Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokkubro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Since the K is for Kernal then the A could have been for Access lol

Anyhow, I understand but anti-piracy does sound a bit harsh yeah?
If you could code a rom loader in ten seconds I'm sure you probably would though. Good work anyhows man, maybe do the name change to avoid the inevitable crap XD
I probably should have put more thought into the title, it's true, can't change it now though, it's the title of the thread.

Reactions: Margen67

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh oh, you said the "p" word *waits for the angry kids to come in*

Also, you don't need to touch skater. Just trigger memchunkhax from your 3dsx homebrew. Then you can port over firmlaunchhax for arm9. I would do it myself if I had a N3DS. It's not that hard.

As long as it's not used as an excuse it's fine.
It's different in this case because he doesn't want to code or restrict/tease it unlike some people.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
And the point of this post is...?

No real point. Much like this thread.

I've seen so many of these on GBAtemp over the years and can't recall a single one that did anything of value. It's pretty much just an attention whore topic, a big "look at me". Anyone who is seriously trying to do something wouldn't go about it like this. They'd only post when they had something working, something of value.

Recruitment is a poor excuse since the most efficient way would be to message prominent figures in the community, or go where people who are interested in this are lurking - IRC. 99% of people on this forum aren't interested in doing anything, and an even smaller percentage have the skills for it. People here just want releases or news.

To reiterate, this is a poor place for recruitment and an excellent place for attention. The misleading title only increases my cynicism, as a more appropriate way to go about this would be to at least mention you're looking for people for a project.

Good luck to you if you actually aren't just in it for the attention. You should probably go ask IRC if that's the case.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I don;t wanna be that guy, but if you're gonna work on a way to open up a system for the masses don't push personal morals on them.

Yep. Now I'm <that> guy.

My personal input/critisism here is: If you wanna offer people an alternative to the current solutions, offer EVERYONE an alternative. From pirates to homebrewers to inbetweeners.
The people will love you for it. If you can't do that, don't bother. You'll only get flamed, hated and bitched about.

Dark_Alex was well loved, from the pirates to the haters. The 3ds scene needs <that> guy.

I cannot state this enough. If you get kernel access, don't be a restrictive dickhead about it like other devs around here. Our ultimate collective goal here should be to run and install everything from ROM loaders to homebrew, and put these silly overpriced flash carts to rest once and for all.

Rokkubro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, sorry, I wasn't looking for attention, I guess I just got over excited on the last thread when I saw people talking about something I'd been working on. When you say IRC do you just mean the gbatemp IRC, or is there another channel specifically dedicated to development on the 3DS. Thanks!
Edit: I see what you mean though,the majority of the posts on this thread have been off topic and not what I'm looking for, I was hoping to talk to people who might be able to help, but so far, other than Yifanlu's comment it's either been fixation on 'piracy' or cynical comments like yours(not that that's a problem, it helps motivate me).

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be cool if it would allow me to install Dev menu or bigbluemenu. That way I could play my out of region games via the 3ds home screen without having to take all that effort of putting in the cartridge. Yeah Dev menu would be great :) and then I could install updates and emulators all kinds of non piracy type things... :rolleyes:

Henning B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This would be cool if it would allow me to install Dev menu or bigbluemenu. That way I could play my out of region games via the 3ds home screen without having to take all that effort of putting in the cartridge. Yeah Dev menu would be great :) and then I could install updates and emulators all kinds of non piracy type things... :rolleyes:
Somebody should make one that check the currently inserted cart, if the cia is the same game, it should allow the install, if it does not equal to the cart; do not install.
Anti-Piracy, but with backups :)

128bit_benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Uh oh, you said the "p" word *waits for the angry kids to come in*

Also, you don't need to touch skater. Just trigger memchunkhax from your 3dsx homebrew. Then you can port over firmlaunchhax for arm9. I would do it myself if I had a N3DS. It's not that hard.
Just to make sure, that would allow also cia stuff right?

Would you work on it if someone sponsores you an N3DS?

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
I cannot state this enough. If you get kernel access, don't be a restrictive dickhead about it like other devs around here. Our ultimate collective goal here should be to run and install everything from ROM loaders to homebrew, and put these silly overpriced flash carts to rest once and for all.

Yup, lets not forget there's homebrew on any given system out there but so many of those scenes are a wasteland because of a lack of user interest. A homebrew scene is the userbase just as much as the devs.
So mutual respect and freedom for all.

Reactions: Margen67 and Jayro

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes. Yes, let's bitch about someone working hard for free to bring region free to the N3DS because his project doesn't do what you want it to do. Not every dev is comfortable with designing tools or methods for piracy and shouldn't have to feel pressure from any community to facilitate it if they choose not to.

zaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Then get the fuck out, LOL. Go learn code if you want to pirate your games.

well the thing is , piracy only requires a only little more effort than homebrew in most cases if you already got that far . leaving piracy out doesn't help anyone but the piracy cart makers that reverse engineer your exploit, add piracy and earn money with your work.

hackers can whiteknight and be anti piracy all they want, it's their right. but in the end they help noone but the card makers that steal their work and run away with the fame.

i'd feel better if only 1% of the millions of dollars going to sky3DS/gateway went to the people that deserve it in donations to them.

i'm not gonna lie either, the 60€ i spent on my gateway would never go to a donation button. but i'd have given 5-10€ to the people that deserve it for sure .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT