Homebrew [WIP] Pretendo - Custom WiiU servers

blackkawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry to disappoint, but seeing as you brought up WiiU USB Helper, I assume you think this will be used for piracy. That is not the case. The custom eShop research is mostly for customization. For example customizing the UI, or hosting custom games/rom hacks. Not piracy.
I see, good to know then! But i see some people trying to make some games on wiiu in unity, since nintendo offers a special license and sdk to anyone to try to make something in their personal developing program. I thinked of trying to make a simple game or more in unity to wii u, so i could host it on your custom eShop? I dont want to charge on these, but it simplifies the distribuition and makes easier to someone gets a indie game from someone, not only hacks and such.

RedDucks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, good to know then! But i see some people trying to make some games on wiiu in unity, since nintendo offers a special license and sdk to anyone to try to make something in their personal developing program. I thinked of trying to make a simple game or more in unity to wii u, so i could host it on your custom eShop? I dont want to charge on these, but it simplifies the distribuition and makes easier to someone gets a indie game from someone, not only hacks and such.
That’s exactly what this means, yes

Reactions: blackkawa

RedDucks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i9nOh3Q.png

Got Mii data decoding working. Now we can work towards actually rendering user Miis

RedDucks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So also preparing for a eventual 3ds online service shut down? nice.
Well the WiiU and 3DS share many (if not all) of the same servers and endpoints (in fact, if you look at the headers sent to the WiiU from the servers, it says they are the 3DS servers). What adding Whiskers to the team means that any weird quirks on the 3DS can be fixed, and we can work on 3DS PRUDP

Reactions: smileyhead

SjorsMaster

Ayy
Trophies
Website
www.sjors.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
One problem though, you can’t get Nintendo exports without the Nintendo license for Unity.

RedDucks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the lack of updates here, and on the Reddit post, lately! Project is still going, we have been very busy organizing the team and working on the project.

Since my last update, we have absorbed Foxverse into Pretendo itself (it is now a part of Pretendo rather than a partnership deal), and has changed the name of Foxverse to Reverse.

We have also made massive improvements in our eShop development! Now we have a custom SOAP server, as seen here https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/428612957627219978/429748875763515415/video.mov and we are working on our own Wood API, as seen here https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/408723233030799362/428556643165536256/video.mov

We have also made progress on the PRUDP and NEX side of things. Consoles are nearly able to properly authenticate and connect to secure game servers.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since then we've added two things:

- A Prentendo-Installer (patches the IOSU so it uses pretendo URLs)
- We can make our own .idbe files. (Encryption/Decryption/Customization) and they're accepted by the WiiU. This file format is only used by the Friend List and the eShop as far as we know.

Once we've fixed a bug where the WiiU doesn't validate our PRUDP packets, we will be able to make progress real fast.

Screenshot:

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

(The guy with the sad mii face is me, i was playing Black Ops II and he successfully modified the .idbe sent by the nintendo servers. It means we can make our own server and it will work :P )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Doubt we'll ever see a Switch 2 anytime soon.