Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I used the code from OpenRCT2 as a guide to remake the game from scratch with the original assets, but the game also allows saving and loading of saves and coaster designs from within the game. The files are obviously different from the PC version, which I why I said I hadn't yet looked into loading the files from the real game. If I can't get it to interpret the original .TD6 and .SV6 files, I may be able to work out some sort of conversion utility. But it's not a priority; the next thing to work on is the audio.

Okay. I'd really like to see someone do something similar to this with Age of Empires which is why I asked.

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hello; I'm usually a redditor but I figured most of the discussion is happening over here and so I've signed up to begin going public with a few secret projects that I've been working on.

The first of which is a port/remake of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, called RCT23D. It currently has almost all of the basic features of the game, but is still missing a few things. I will release a BETA for testing when I am happy with the state of the game.

Screenshots:

View attachment 27328 View attachment 27329 View attachment 27330 View attachment 27331

Intended project outcomes:
  • Only use assets from the original game
  • Maintain a constant frame rate
  • Include full audio
  • Include the scenarios and rides from the Wacky Worlds and Time Twister expansion packs
Also, if you're currently on 9.9, I would strongly recommend against updating. However, that's not a requirement of RCT23D.

More soon.

I was planning to port OpenRCT2 too to 3DS but stopped working on it cause mandatory original binray requirments for some functions.
Glad to see someone is doing it, if you need some help, just ask :D

GoYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is the most impressive use of homebrew so far for me! I'm reaaallly looking forward to it, huge RCT fan :lol:

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
A rough BETA version should be available tomorrow or perhaps the next day, it's coming along nicely- although it won't have audio at this stage. I will probably need to host it on a site like -REMOVED- or something, seeing as RollerCoaster Tycoon is a commercial game.

You should post only the 3DSX and give info about where to puth original assets package files.

Reactions: ~Poke~

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
why the author is banned?
He was warned for continuously editing in a link to a ROM-site in his post even after it had been removed twice. Not only that, but once warned he proceeded to spam said link in PMs so he was suspended.

Reactions: cearp

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was warned for continuously editing in a link to a ROM-site in his post even after it had been removed twice. Not only that, but once warned he proceeded to spam said link in PMs so he was suspended.

But now he can't release the beta :(

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work. Can't wait for the beta.

Off Topic : Why did I update from 9.9 to 10.1 :cry::cry:. This is the last time I am updating when someone tells me its okay to update. Any hope the thing about 9.9 may work on 10.1. :sad:
He said in OP it works on 10.1. I don't why he even mentioned 9.9.... That was random af.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello; I'm usually a redditor but I figured most of the discussion is happening over here and so I've signed up to begin going public with a few secret projects that I've been working on.

The first of which is a port/remake of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, called RCT23D. It currently has almost all of the basic features of the game, but is still missing a few things. I will release a BETA for testing when I am happy with the state of the game.

Screenshots:

View attachment 27328 View attachment 27329 View attachment 27330 View attachment 27331

Intended project outcomes:
  • Only use assets from the original game
  • Maintain a constant frame rate
  • Include full audio
  • Include the scenarios and rides from the Wacky Worlds and Time Twister expansion packs
Also, if you're currently on 9.9, I would strongly recommend against updating. However, that's not a requirement of RCT23D.

More soon.

THIS IS AWESOME! I love you sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5cgll8v7iA