Homebrew (WIP) Undertale NDS

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work!

I hope this will work also as an inject for the Wii U :)
I was gonna ask for maybe a Wii U version, but then you said this and I realized a DS VC inject would suffice just fine for such a game, it's not like it's a graphically intense game or anything that would benefit all that much from a native Wii U version over such an inject.

regedw7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I compiled the latest version and tested. no problems I could find.

as for posting project updates, I've been compiling and uploading the android builds of sonic mania, and someone told me to make a new post so that it sends a notification and it's in the new posts list, and then put the latest update and information in the op, so that people don't have to look for the latest build among the other posts. ;)
help me I can't compile it to test, I'm really new to this and I don't know how to compile it, I've been trying for a long time, I just want to play dude, the tutorial on github is not helping

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help me I can't compile it to test, I'm really new to this and I don't know how to compile it, I've been trying for a long time, I just want to play dude, the tutorial on github is not helping
do you have the data.win file and devkitpro installed?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you've done pacman -Syu and pacman -S nds-dev, apply the three patches from the release link on github to the data.win.

regedw7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if you've done pacman -Syu and pacman -S nds-dev, apply the three patches from the release link on github to the data.win.
that's the problem, I don't know how to use tsukuyomi, I don't know which option I have to choose which files to choose and much less where they are after the patch
Post automatically merged:

ok i think i know how to use it now but where exactly do the files go after the patch?
edit: forget what i said, i still don't know how to use the program lol
Post automatically merged:

there is not a version of the game already compiled??

Last edited by regedw7,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that makes two of us. I just tried it, and it will not allow me to use more than one patch. I think the checksum is wrong, possibly expecting an unpatched data.win for all three of them, but how do you patch all three without the checksum changing? I'd wait for the op, because it's not working for me either. the original version I had no problems with.

regedw7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
que faz de nós dois. Acabei de testar e não me permite usar mais de um patch. Eu acho que a soma de verificação está errada, possivelmente esperando um data.win não corrigido para todos os três, mas como você corrige todos os três sem que a soma de verificação mude? Eu esperaria pela operação, porque também não está funcionando para mim. a versão original com a qual não tive problemas.
oh so that's why it was giving error

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
When i try to apply the UPS patch, it tells me "Failed! Input file is invalid."
What exactly do i need to do there? i downloaded tsukuyomi, tried both apply patch to an existing file and apply patch to a new file. used UndertaleNDS.nds.ups as the patch file and data.win as the target file. Is there a specific version of undertale that you need?

Cervi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry everyone, it seems like the building process is somewhat broken. I know the instructions are not great as they were rushed, and I don't think I can improve them right now. If you just want to play the game, you can patch the data.win file with UndertaleNDS.nds.ups and rename the resulting file to UndertaleNDS.nds. Then you can plug it into an emulator without the need to build anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So are you playing Mario on your Xbox online on that PlayStation Network?
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, new Doctor Who is on tomorrow... Hopefully this season is better than the last.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, never watched doctor who
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well guys, i went to the library today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What did you learn?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    since my sister said manga was a good gateway into anime, i decided to get a manga, i was going to get one punch man, but volume 1 wasn't there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well, what about Dr. What? Don't leave him out. @BigOnYa
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1