Wood Firmwares v1.12

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
master00d said:
and for r4 clones like r4 III revolution ?
Please before posting this question, look through the other updates. This question is asked every single update. The answer is no. This is for R4 original and the closest clone from Shoptemp. Any clone/fakes with anything like SDHC, Gold, i, III, ect, will not work with this firmware. So please search next time.
thnx
im a newcomer here so i didnt know that its only for r4 originals ,coz i had wood 1.11 installed on my r4 III (found it on another post here at gbatemp) so i thought it was oficial realse but i thinks ist only a hack
next time i be more careful
tongue.gif

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for R4 original and the closest clone from Shoptemp. Any clone/fakes with anything like SDHC, Gold, i, III, ect, will not work with this firmware. So please search next time.
Does anyone happen to know if the R4DS from Real Hot Stuff is an "original R4"? It doesn't say SDHC or DSi support, and the official site link they give (www.r4ds.cn) looks a lot like what I remember the real R4 site looking like.

I know there are better carts available, but I just need something cheap for my spare DS that I'm still using a Supercard SD with, and that hasn't seen any compatibility updates in even longer.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
m2pt5 said:
This is for R4 original and the closest clone from Shoptemp. Any clone/fakes with anything like SDHC, Gold, i, III, ect, will not work with this firmware. So please search next time.
Does anyone happen to know if the R4DS from Real Hot Stuff is an "original R4"? It doesn't say SDHC or DSi support, and the official site link they give (www.r4ds.cn) looks a lot like what I remember the real R4 site looking like.

I know there are better carts available, but I just need something cheap for my spare DS that I'm still using a Supercard SD with, and that hasn't seen any compatibility updates in even longer.
I believe that one should work. Test it out. But don't take my word for it. I only have one from Shoptemp. But it's still worth a test

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
m2pt5 said:
The chances are that it's 1:1 clone of the original R4 and will probably work with Wood. I gather there are several different groups who produce the 1:1 clones, so there's no guarentee.

If in doubt, get one from ShopTemp as they mention theirs work with Wood in the description and explictly state they are compatible here

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for another release...another great update!
(My RPG remains my favorite and my R4 is stayin' alive, because of your hard work and kindness).
YWG you are too kind..much appreciated.
Cheers
grog.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ask him YWG given what it is you're trying to do he probably won't mind. Or you could ask him on the google codepage as i've noticed he's replied to some questions on there, or perhaps try submitting what you've done and see what he thinks.

I'm guessing if he gets permission from Gelu etc, he doesn't have to release the code.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm just wondering, and I don't know if this question has already been answered, but:
Does WOOD Rpg work on an Acekard2i?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope, That's why it's called Wood RPG. I doubt it ever will unless AKAIO is abandoned, which is unlikely as there's likely to be quite a drop in DS titles once the 3DS is released worldwide.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It won't work on any DSi card. It only works on the original R4, original M3DS Simply (identical to the original R4), 1:1 clones of the original R4 and the Acekard RPG.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tk_saturn said:
It won't work on any DSi card. It only works on the original R4, original M3DS Simply (identical to the original R4), 1:1 clones of the original R4 and the Acekard RPG.
Awrite. Thanks for answering. Still glad I can still use my R4, though =D

D

Deleted User

Thank you again YWG but I have to say I ordered an Acekard from ShopTemp and I cannot wait for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Oh sorry, this is Wario? I thought it was your wife