newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Played the latest build, liked it so far. I really enjoyed the air to water passages.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

White screen. I just launch the boot.dol, though all the newofox files are already present in the virtual sd, inside the app folder. Do i need NAND/HBC set up, or is that enough?

I actually have no idea how to get homebrew to run in dolphin as my machine cant handle dolphin. Filiph managed to get it to the loading screen but I have no idea what is required.

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Spend most of last week on other projects but manage to clean up bugs and messed with the graphix. managed to get 4 snakes bosses on the stage at once if you play on hard mode, the water is now smoother, the fog thicker. Everything should still run at 60fps. I am still thinking about how to implement a new type of boss and how to discourage people from just holding down the shoot button FOREVER - maybe have some kind of weapon charge mode or something. anyway beta download updated with new build.

screenshot_20190209005925.png
screenshot_20190209005919.png

Reactions: sindrik

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Spend most of last week on other projects but manage to clean up bugs and messed with the graphix. managed to get 4 snakes bosses on the stage at once if you play on hard mode, the water is now smoother, the fog thicker. Everything should still run at 60fps. I am still thinking about how to implement a new type of boss and how to discourage people from just holding down the shoot button FOREVER - maybe have some kind of weapon charge mode or something. anyway beta download updated with new build.

View attachment 157490 View attachment 157491
Nice changes, downloading!

Reactions: newo

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Ok how about this; when you reach max bombs (which also means your fire rate is the highest) if you keep holding the shoot button for 3 seconds you will unleash all your bombs in one huge explosion. Resulting in you losing all your bombs and your fire rate will slow back down.

This should discourage the habit of constantly holding down the fire button.

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Gonna release the update into the live tommorow on wiibrew but for today the beta has a last minute change;
- when you have 10 bombs your fire rate will be the fastest but if you hold the first button for more than 4 seconds you will fire all your bombs at once dropping you fire rate back down to the slowest level. this is to discourage players spamming the fire button.
- messed with the water shading.

screenshot_20190215005435.png

Reactions: AutumnWolf

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Gonna release the update into the live tommorow on wiibrew but for today the beta has a last minute change;
- when you have 10 bombs your fire rate will be the fastest but if you hold the first button for more than 4 seconds you will fire all your bombs at once dropping you fire rate back down to the slowest level. this is to discourage players spamming the fire button.
- messed with the water shading.

View attachment 158067
Will there be a powered up shot in the future?

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Will there be a powered up shot in the future?

everything in the game can pretty much be 1 shot killed(except for the bosses) so a more powerful shot would not help much. Unless it would be inthere to look pretty. With bombs and the final blast what would you do with a powered up shot?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
everything in the game can pretty much be 1 shot killed(except for the bosses) so a more powerful shot would not help much. Unless it would be inthere to look pretty. With bombs and the final blast what would you do with a powered up shot?
I understand. I keep thinking in Star Fox :D. Guess we need more powerful insistent enemies :hateit:

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
yeah, its not an exact clone. in fact it is much easier than any of the starfox games. I just want people to have fun blowing stuff up without having to worry about enemies shooting them down over and over. And if you are a pro then there are leaderboards where you can attempt to beat the high scores. I try to not be too ambitious with my homebrew because if you set your goals too high you most likely end up not finishing anything at all. But thanx to everyone who took time out to test it. I hope it brings joy to people at least for a couple minutes.

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Man i had tried making a channel forwarder for this game, but when loading up the game, none of the ui, audio/music, or the player ship load up. Any idea whats wrong?

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hey Man i had tried making a channel forwarder for this game, but when loading up the game, none of the ui, audio/music, or the player ship load up. Any idea whats wrong?

More than likely the working directory is not correct. When you run the dol it assumes that the assets folder is in the same directory as the dol. If you have the ability to change the current directory then ensure that you launch the dol from the correct folder on the sd or usb drive.

Last edited by newo,
Reactions: Alexander1970

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no the .dol is in the same folder as the assets folder for me, right in the newofix apps folder on my sd, hell for funsies i even tried making a forwarder that loaded through a ,dol within the assets folder, still no dice

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
hmmm I see. well then this might need someone with expertise in forwarders. I'm not sure how you create the forwarder but lets say you do something like;
execute sd:/apps/newofox/boot.dol -- doesnt work because current directory is probably sd:/

to get it to work you'd need to change the active directory to the folder;

chdr sd:/apps/newofox/
execute boot.dol - this should work because the dol will see its folders

worse case scenerio if you really want it to work put all the newofox folders into root sd:/ and see if it works. If that works then it means that the forwards start directory is the sd:/. If you cant do a "chdr" command then you are stuck with using hbc to launch it.

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i tested both moving the assets to a separate folder and loading it from the apps folder, and tried moving the .dol to said folder on the root of the sd, still no dice, I guess ill have to load this from HBC

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
so i tested both moving the assets to a separate folder and loading it from the apps folder, and tried moving the .dol to said folder on the root of the sd, still no dice, I guess ill have to load this from HBC

not the apps folder but the root of the sd/usb drive that its loading from.

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i tried that, i made a folder on the root of the sd named "newofox and moved the .dol there along with the assets and no dice, could trying to load the dol from a root sd folder but with the assets kept in the apps folder make a difference?

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
put the assets, model, image in the sd root. no newofox folder. Because the game doesnt have paths including "newofox". It just looks for assets/ and models/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe