• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

World's largest flying aquatic insect

• Thread starter Veho
  • Start date
  • Views 4,750
  • Replies 32
  • Likes 2

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How a cup of nope? And I thought those Japanese giant hornets were scary as hell...*shudder* their venom is very, very potent and known to cause severe pain and anaphylactic shock in many people.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cool ...its like a brazilian ant decided to become a dragonfly :P ..I kinda like it
This kind of ants..
insecte-hymenoptere-fourmi-magnan-8eimg_4495wtmk-web.jpg

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I lived in Japan, I saw these suckers, and holy crap, are they aggressive as hell :blink: Yeah, I've had nightmares about these, oh and their mandibles, yeah, they sever other insects in half and they shoot venom like a water gun. Trust me, these are ugly buggers for sure and they will make you cry if stung lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_giant_hornet

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
When I lived in Japan, I saw these suckers, and holy crap, are they aggressive as hell :blink: Yeah, I've had nightmares about these, oh and their mandibles, yeah, they sever other insects in half and they shoot venom like a water gun. Trust me, these are ugly buggers for sure and they will make you cry if stung lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_giant_hornet

It's one thing if something is creepy but not really aggressive. It's another if they aren't even that creepy but are hell-bent.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's one thing if something is creepy but not really aggressive. It's another if they aren't even that creepy but are hell-bent.

The giant hornet is both disturbing in appearance and quite aggressive, so the worst of both those worlds. One look at that pic on Wikipedia will send a chill down your spine ;) Take a look at their appearance if you dare :P But trust me, it makes your flesh crawl. I have a friend who was stung by one, said it hurt like hell but he was fine after a few days.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The giant hornet is both disturbing in appearance and quite aggressive, so the worst of both those worlds. One look at that pic on Wikipedia will send a chill down your spine ;) Take a look at their appearance if you dare :P But trust me, it makes your flesh crawl. I have a friend who was stung by one, said it hurt like hell but he was fine after a few days.

Oh shoot, I didn't check their size. And 25 mph?
Heh, I think I know why they are so aggressive.

In many Japanese mountain villages, the hornet is considered a delicacy when fried.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shoot, I didn't check their size. And 25 mph?
Heh, I think I know why they are so aggressive.

In many Japanese mountain villages, the hornet is considered a delicacy when fried.

Yep, didn't know they were a snack food in Japan, and I lived there for a while too :lol: Yeah, but they make my skin crawl, I am not a big insect fan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: