Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wicked 18:
TrueGolfClassicsWicked18-front-cover.jpg
if you don't read what it says, it's almost misleading. when I first saw this, I thought it was an adventure game.
LOL... It's a golfing game? :rofl2:

Honestly : when I read your 'it's not an adventure game' I assumed it must have been some corny xxx-rated game (wicked 18...what where they smoking when they came up with that name? ... And box art, obviously).

Edit: oh, man... If I hadn't played this game through illegal means, I'd never have known this is a pretty great game :

V7HDbKu.jpg

Last edited by Taleweaver,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
with the bad mega man box art, it makes you wonder if the artist only got a description of the character rather than seeing the real thing in the game. lol
Probably got a heavily compressed JPEG of a screenshot of the game and had to go by that.
Eh, that's not that bad. It's just the title screen of the show. Which was pretty mediocre, so it's only fitting that a mediocre game based on a mediocre show gets a mediocre boxart.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This one doesn't seem THAT bad until you compare it with pal boxart...
f958f80e7742c9c3a2db33c0731549a4.jpeg

AAAAHHHHH! DRUIDS! HEEEEEELLP MEEEEEEE!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :rofl2:

Ahem...how do I explain this one? Okay...when you posted it, it shows in full size. But for some reason, I was browsing from newest to oldest. As such, I saw Thod's quote first. Which had the box art auto-cropped (same as with this post, I presume).

Then I clicked on that box-art. I knew it was supposed to enlargened, but I anticipated it to happen immediately. Instead, the image popped out of @ThoD's post.
...and for a second it startled me, because that gave the impression that that guy on the cover was coming straight for me. I immediately envisioned a "RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARRRRRR" scream as he came for me. :rofl2:

(TL;DR: just click the cropped image in this post for some mild after-Halloween fun :P )

Last edited by Taleweaver,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
91URj6fXJZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I watched a playthrough of the game in question, didn't look like a great game (ambitious flash game really, and themed minigame collections are tricky at the best of times) but art style seems to match the boxart (which in turn is a bit of a send up of some known art styles from those sorts of circles -- you see some of it in Li'l Abner but if you do a search for hillbilly comic or hillbilly clip art then you will see better examples, even more so if you chuck in caricature as a search term), and said boxart sets up the general theme of the game (you are probably not expecting an RTS having seen that, granted it does have text telling you what it is).
Dude by the outhouse seems like a bit of an afterthought (or at least a step down from an already suspect composition job) but compared to some of the other things on this list... it has perspective and everything. The black splotches on the trailer also scream "no effort with the spray tool in [insert image editor of choice]" but forgivable as well.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1