Gaming Would in theory 3DS VC's be doable on Cart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Nintendo hasnt done this yet its just up in theory i fits doable or not, whats your thoughts/ideas?

if its doable you think at one point they'll do something like it (ex like for Limited edition runs of teh Pokemon Gen 1 Games commin out soon).

i have no idea if Anything like Cart access is Locked out when the 3DS runs its Virtual Console software or not so like i sad atm i dont know if its doable based soly on they havent done it YET.

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt they would put VC on cards because
1. It would cost them money
2. Paying $2-$12 on cartridges wont make nintendo alot of money so they wont do it.

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have no idea if Anything like Cart access is Locked out when the 3DS runs its Virtual Console software or not so like i sad atm i dont know if its doable based soly on they havent done it YET.

Ultimate NES Remix already uses the NES emulator, so there's no reason that carts could not run VC games.

That just leaves GBA VC games, which Nintendo has not seemed interested in since the ambassador games were released. It seems like Nintendo could write a function for a cart to use AGB_Firm (if one does not already exist), but that is the only limit that makes sense.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
In a wierd sense, it is doable. I mean compilations of old games keep getting released on newer systems. So it's not something new.

But it doesn't necessarily mean that it will use Nintendo's emulator for it. And doesn't it lose the point of VC?

What's the point? The possibility of VC games on Sky3DS or something?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, probably. At least NES and GB/C.

If you can convert .3ds to .cia I think the file formats are close enough to be able to run them as carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa sounds wish we could see Randy on south park do that , drinking the peach vodka
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, im more of a casual south park fan, i dont watch it that often
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its gluten free
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol it's too offensive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh not that good, not many alcohols taste good in tea. At least I haven't found any.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that peach alcohol in cans tasted like crap
  • F @ foresthag:
    You could fermen(tea). That'd taste excellent. Or make you go blind, who is to say?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twisted tea iirc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only one I liked was that mikes hard lemonade tea, but i couldn't drink it all day
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, gonna make a jumping sprite
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add platform character behavior to any sprite, just disable the default controls for it, and make it jump/move in your code. The rectangle behavior is cool too for enemies.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, how is it cool?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i meant jumping sprite for the player
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It makes it move around constantly in different directions, like a enemy moving back n forth from one side to other
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i dont think the rectangular movement behavior works for platform games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it does. And you can add platform character behavior to your own charcter, and it will have move and jump already setup for you, space bar is jump, arrows move
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i already added the platform character behaviour to the player since i started doing this
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and already set up animations for when he shoots both standing and walking
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty you could
    add alcohol to the game too
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, one of the curative items has the internal name of "beer"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    although it looks like a coke can
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty what is the game based on
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what was the inspiration
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, based on my ideas i'd say mega man games (probably mega man zero mainly)
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I had some ideas for megaman based game
    S @ salazarcosplay: I had some ideas for megaman based game