Hardware X keeps shuts down when loading certain games

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to start certain games (so far Slime Rancher and Saint's Row IV Re-Elected)) on my brand new XBOX One X, the system just shuts off right after the splash screen. One time this corrupted my downloads and I had to uninstall and reinstall a bunch of games. Why is this happening? For the record, the system came with a free code for 30 days of Play Pass, and that's where the problem games came from,but I have played several of the other games from there without issue.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried a few things over the last couple days, and found out some things. After uninstalling and re-installing the two trouble games, they still shut off the system when launching, so I'll just delete them and never plan on playing them ever.
I played Rocket League (bought digitally), and got through the tutorial. When I got part way through my first online match, it froze, but I could still access the home menu and everything, so it wasn't a hard crash, but still worrying. Also bought Battleborn digitally and so far, I've played several hours of it, online and off, and it works fine without any problems. I also have Resident Evil 7 on disc. Game loads and runs fun, but the outside area is really muddy and ugly (isn't this a One X enhanced game?) and there was some graphical glitches in the sky. When I got inside, everything looked pretty good, but when I load up the video tape, when one of the characters wanders off in that segment, I go and try to find him, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to go in the house, and my other buddy disappeared too, so either there's like a missing/corrupted scripted event or I'm just blind and not seeing what to do in that part.
Lastly, I downloaded ReCored Definitive Edition from the Play Pass, and I got through the intro and everything, but as soon as I took a few steps into the actual gameplay, the game just locked up the same way Rocket League did during that match.
All of my other games that I've played so far have worked perfectly fine, including other XBOX One games I got off Play Pass, like Gears of War 4 and Dead Rising 3, as well as every single one of the Xbox 360 and emulated games on there, so what's the deal? At first I thought maybe some idiot dropped the system in transit or while stocking at the store I got it from and fucked up the HDD, but that wouldn't explain why the games still don't work even after being reinstalled onto what would be a different area of the disk. Is it even a hardware issue? This thing is brand new and I'm getting pissed that the most powerful game console on the market right now can't even run several games without problems, and that there is probably already a problem with a loose GPU/CPU or bad RAM or maybe the PSU is fucked, idk. Is it common for the One X consoles to come DOA when brand new?

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol microsoft....

i bought Rare Replay last sunday and ALL the games HAD to be DOWNLOADED, nothing was on the disc except for maybe two nes games

Last edited by gameboy,
Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol microsoft....

i bought Rare Replay last sunday and ALL the games HAD to be DOWNLOADED, nothing was on the disc except for maybe two nes games
Yeah, I put my RE7 disc in expecting to play it after a small update, but no, I had to sit through a 29 GB install as well as 1.77 GB update download (at least they were simultaneous). Not to mention Gears of War 4 being a 100 GB download, saying it's ready to play at half that, but all it does is let you look at the menu lol. I think those are just modern game problems though. Guess that's what I get for going legit lol.

But seriously, if anyone knows what my problem could be I'd be grateful. Hate to have to exchange this thing and go through the setup process again.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a long chat with MS live support, unplugged the cord from the wall and the system, and suddenly everything but Slime Rancher works now. Support said to contact the developers of that game, since it's likely a problem with their game files.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a long chat with MS live support, unplugged the cord from the wall and the system, and suddenly everything but Slime Rancher works now. Support said to contact the developers of that game, since it's likely a problem with their game files.

microsoft is lazy AF. it always downloads the 20gb xb1x patch for my old games for the original xb1 and i cant delete or tell it not to include it.

loveShmups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My XBOX one x worked for ... 11 months before dying.
Error E106, E200, ....
Sounds more like a dying HDD here. Back to the customer service. Not really "great quality" here, Mr Microsoft !
In fact ... i'm not sure i won't revert totally to my PS4 Pro. At least this console is still working good !

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My XBOX one x worked for ... 11 months before dying.
Error E106, E200, ....
Sounds more like a dying HDD here. Back to the customer service. Not really "great quality" here, Mr Microsoft !
In fact ... i'm not sure i won't revert totally to my PS4 Pro. At least this console is still working good !
I thought bad HDD too, but It's both consistent and inconsistent if that makes sense. A select few games will boot and play, and then randomly lock up, and it will work again after a shutdown for hours and hours at a time. I managed to complete Rise of the Tomb Raider before it completely shit itself. Other games, like Slime Rancher, still after so many other games being installed amd uninstalled, literally just shut the system off after the company logo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPqqmCE1M1U