Hacking X360USB pro V2 - slight issues

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, when i first switched to using the isomenu I left it as it was, in the folders, but for some reason, some of the folders were showing empty when there was ISO's in them thats why i changed it back to all in one folder.

I dont mind the two minute wait to be fair. Theres currently 172 isos so its quite a lot I suppose to read through

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm
As I have no Xkey, I hardly have experience with it.
I did install it into mates xboxes and for customers ;p

But yeh, it needs to scan everything and set .mp3/.jpg files for the games for the Xkey to load the ISO.
So it takes a while ;]

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a go at making the 360 load thumbnails for each game, but couldnt get it to work. I read it was just including a jpg of the same name in the games folder but it wouldnt ever work for me

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I got it to work in the end but its all a bit pointless really. I thought you could browse by thumbnail but you can, all it does is shot you a cover when you pick it, totally pointless

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmkays.
Bummer tho.

But hey, look at it this way, you can play backupped games whilst your originals are safe and you don't have to switch DVD's or ISO's ;]

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So now ive finished putting everything on the drive, Im now beginning to play some of the games again that I was playing from disc and have noticed that load times are a hell of a lot longer than from disc. I thought it was my imagination but ive tried in emulation mode and then a retail disc and timed it and there is a noticeable difference. In game it seems ok. But there seems to be a tiny bit of stutter on some FMVs. Hmmm

My drive is formatted to NTFS but am reading (albeit on forums that are about a year old) that ext3 and ext4 are they ways to go to help combat this?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do a HDD install (on your 360's HDD) to speed up loading times.

Afaik, other partition tables don't work.
I don't know why it's slow but USB should be faster then DVD (theoretically)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah the HDD install works but yeah have read that EXT is a much better format for the drives. Its driving me nuts how slow it is. Now just need somewhere to put 2tb of info whilst i change the partition. Never easy is it!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ahah ;p
Indeed it's not.

Meh, I meself don't have an Xkey.
Got a flashed and RGH box so I'm in no need for one either.
Personally, I don't mind a little loading.
If it's working then it works c:

Walkin

travel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now ive finished putting everything on the drive, Im now beginning to play some of the games again that I was playing from disc and have noticed that load times are a hell of a lot longer than from disc. I thought it was my imagination but ive tried in emulation mode and then a retail disc and timed it and there is a noticeable difference. In game it seems ok. But there seems to be a tiny bit of stutter on some FMVs. Hmmm

My drive is formatted to NTFS but am reading (albeit on forums that are about a year old) that ext3 and ext4 are they ways to go to help combat this?

I have this issue was some games, and some games are completely fine. I do hard drive installs now for the games I'm actively playing.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have this issue was some games, and some games are completely fine. I do hard drive installs now for the games I'm actively playing.

Ive got the problem with all of them Ive tested so far, some are worse than others. Just to satisfy my curiosity I formatted a USB stick to EXT4 and ran an ISO that I tested and its a hell of a lot faster. Seems the linux programmed Xk3y prefers a linux formatted hard drive. Why I didnt spot this before I filled my drive up ill never know lol

Walkin

travel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I didn't realize that allowed you to write to the hard drive as well. I though it was only for creating partitions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc