Hacking X360USB pro V2 - slight issues

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yep. There were two actually that wouldnt verify for some reason. Not in the database or something (The Darkness 2 and Prince Of Persia Forgotten Sands) but I just sourced them online and everything was fine. The Xk3ys a great bit of kit really. Much more convenient!

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that was a collection built up from 2005 though. Maybe a game a month or so from release. They soon built up.

What I was going to ask anyone, and I might make a new thread about it, is there any games worldwide that might be region free that never saw a PAL release that are worth trying to get hold of?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aye aye.
Yeh, as long as the CRC's match and XGD3 data is there ;]

Ehm.
If a game is region free then every 360 can play it without any problems.
Doesn't matter if it's released in your country or not.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aye aye.
Yeh, as long as the CRC's match and XGD3 data is there ;]

Ehm.
If a game is region free then every 360 can play it without any problems.
Doesn't matter if it's released in your country or not.

Is that the topology data part? I know quite a few i ripped said that that data was missing, but then it automatically seemed to fix it. I hope. Everything ended green at the end anyway so assumed it was fine

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes yes.
And it's found on a few XGD2 games.

If you ran it through ABGX then it'll be automatically patched.
You could run everything through it again (and skip Game CRC check since you already done that) and check if everything is green.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone here got the Wifi dongle for the Xk3y? Im already not liking using the remote and wont risk the isomenu etc. Ive got an android phone and tablet and see there is an app for the xk3y. Wondering if its any good as info seems to be a bit scarce as to whether they are decent or not?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep.
It's confirmed to be a rumor when the Xkey admins admitted they spread it to increase sales for the remotes.

I can imagine it from their point of view cause they got a product to sell + if ISOmenu fails then the users always have the remote available.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah its all up and running. Ill just use this instead then.

Ive noticed on youtube that people using Isomenu were getting box art and stuff displayed for their games, where as Im just getting the normal 360 text list. Is that a difficult thing to sort out?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ISOMenu is a right pain in the arse. Cant figure out what Im doing wrong, but on first bootup, it takes about 3 or 4 tries of pressing Y to eject to get it go start. This is how its going:

Press Y (Open Tray)
Press Y (Close Tray) - Nothing
Press Y again (Open Tray)
And again - (Close Tray) - Nothing
Press Y again - (Open Tray) - Then it will sometimes auto go close tray, reading, mixed media disc.

I cant understand why its not doing it first time.

I even leave the 360 for a minute first after booting to see if that makes a difference but it doesnt. Hmmm

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Xkey needs to load in all the ISO's
Just be patient and wait a minute or 2 before ejecting the tray.

Mate of mine got the same problem, he has 2TB worth of ISO's on his HDD.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gheh ;p
Yeh it just takes a while for a load of ISO's to be detected.
Do you have the ISO's in folders inside the "GAMES" folder or just straight in the "GAMES" folder?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, when I was using the remote I had them in folders in the Games folder to make it quicker to find them. But now im using ISOmenu i just have all the ISOs in the game folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY