Xbox 20th anniversary event - 70 new backwards compatible games, Halo Infinite multiplayer beta launches today

Happy 20th birthday, Xbox! It's been two decades since the Xbox launched, and Microsoft will be celebrating the milestone with an anniversary livestream. The event will be a look back at all the accomplishments the brand has made throughout the years, but with some mysterious patches arriving for some older Xbox 360 titles, there might be some surprises in store. We'll be covering the event, which goes live in 5, so stay tuned to the live coverage!

It begins with the reveal of a six-part documentary series about how the Xbox came to be. It goes on to the launch of the 360 and the impact of the RROD.

More 70 original Xbox and 360 games are being added to Series X|S backwards compatibility.

These include Otogi, the FEAR franchise, Max Payne, NIER, and more.

Original Xbox games get 4x resolution on Series X, 3x on the Series S, and 2x on the One.

FPS Boost has been added to 11 newly added games, which now play 60fps. 26 existing games also get better framerates, with Fallout New Vegas, Alan Wake, and Sonic Generations and more.

New is the Paramount+ exclusive Halo TV show. Launches next year.

Halo Infinite's online multiplayer is launching today ahead of its launch on December 8th.

Here is a list of the games.

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didnt fix anything from the unoptimized unplayable lag fest of the flighting in october.

Halo infinite runs like dogshit on anything less than a 3080. Lucky to hit 30 Fps on anything lower.

Its so bad that Real life feels like a 200+ fps game after 10 minutes trying to play that piece of shit shovelware.
I've been playing just fine on my 1060 3Gb
not sure what your problem is, but my friend had a similar issue when he turned up the graphics to ultra on his pc and turned off the minimum frame rate. When he set it back to 60 it fixed it for him.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah didn't know about that. I haven't had a modded 360 in ages so I'm out of the loop. I need to get my hands on another one some day.
I never had an original xbox, so I don't know what the menu looks like, but you could have the original splash screen via fakeanim and the dashboard look using a theme (if you can find these things, because it's getting increasingly difficult to find 360 stuff as it gets older and people lose interest in modding them). try realmodscene for this stuff. you need to have an account to download usually, but most downloads should still work.

BrandonSWITCH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Happy birthday Xbox, I grew up on the Xbox 360 and Wii and they'll always have a place in my heart as the best consoles ever made. :)

BrandonSWITCH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Happy birthday Xbox, I grew up on the Xbox 360 and Wii and they'll always have a place in my heart as the best consoles ever made. :)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember when SONY mocked Microsoft?

They had a valid point, but now they're lacking behind. SONY should make PS2 and PS3 game discs at least verifiable on PS4/PS5 to download the game like Microsoft does.

People said Microsoft/Xbox was greedy, now who is it?

Also, it was free to play online on PlayStation, till SONY borrowed Microsoft's idea of charging money for it. Nintendo went the same route (both packages they have aren't worth it.. unless they'd include GC/Wii games).

Edit: PS5 needs its own Killzone game. :)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thing about Xbox 360 is that you could backup demos/arcades/full disc games to your USB and then mess around with the files or share the games on the web.

I actually did that for a game edition that hadn't been uploaded to the web (Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 - Classic Edition) due to having different music so for that it's worth preserving.

Also, I made a backup of the songs, but it was a pain to find them (they really didn't want us to look up those files).

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recommended article: https://www.laptopmag.com/features/why-i-regret-buying-the-xbox-series-x-on-day-one

I have an Xbox account sort of by default; I made a Microsoft account while I was still under Windows 8.1 so I could download some Windows apps. I still have that same account now that I'm on Windows 11, and it has been tied to an Xbox account. However, I personally don't ever want to own the physical console; I've heard too much bad about those things.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recommended article: https://www.laptopmag.com/features/why-i-regret-buying-the-xbox-series-x-on-day-one

I have an Xbox account sort of by default; I made a Microsoft account while I was still under Windows 8.1 so I could download some Windows apps. I still have that same account now that I'm on Windows 11, and it has been tied to an Xbox account. However, I personally don't ever want to own the physical console; I've heard too much bad about those things.

The original Xbox 360's had the RRoD problem, but after that they were great, and now.. What'd you heard so bad about Xbox One and/or Series X/S?

playstation better lol

Pathetic comment. I'm primarily a PlayStation player and SONY doesn't give a shit about providing a similar service like this, yet what Microsoft are doing for Xbox users is brilliant.

Say, can you insert a PS2/PS3 disc and play it on your PS4/PS5? Nope. With Xbox you can play BC Xbox/Xbox 360 on newer Xbox consoles.

Gamers on Xbox can finally play Red Dead Revolver, a game pretty much ignored by Rockstar and it's essentially the best version available, I reckon (unless you'd emulate on PC).

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

SuperIdol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Pathetic comment. I'm primarily a PlayStation player and SONY doesn't give a shit about providing a similar service like this, yet what Microsoft are doing for Xbox users is brilliant.

Say, can you insert a PS2/PS3 disc and play it on your PS4/PS5? Nope. With Xbox you can play BC Xbox/Xbox 360 on newer Xbox consoles.

Gamers on Xbox can finally play Red Dead Revolver, a game pretty much ignored by Rockstar and it's essentially the best version available, I reckon (unless you'd emulate on PC).
1 sony gives a sh*t about a similiar service you can play ps4 games on my ps5
2 u xbots dont deserves any gam and our version is beter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...