Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I made a 16GB partition and my 360 was able to format it alright and it reads it fine, I was able to install a game on the external hard drive to make sure. But Horizon doesn't detect it as a device. So I figured my drivers my be screwing up or something as I had previous problems with this particular HDD. I reinstalled the drivers and Horizon still couldn't detect it. So I went into a partition manager I have and kept getting I/O errors, and as soon as the manager loaded up I got some...weird results for the hard drive. It's giving out readings of 2000GB
blink.gif
It's only an 80GB HDD, and I was wondering if that's normal? If so, any ideas why Horizon won't detect my HDD?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suprgamr232 said:
Ok so I made a 16GB partition and my 360 was able to format it alright and it reads it fine, I was able to install a game on the external hard drive to make sure. But Horizon doesn't detect it as a device. So I figured my drivers my be screwing up or something as I had previous problems with this particular HDD. I reinstalled the drivers and Horizon still couldn't detect it. So I went into a partition manager I have and kept getting I/O errors, and as soon as the manager loaded up I got some...weird results for the hard drive. It's giving out readings of 2000GB
blink.gif
It's only an 80GB HDD, and I was wondering if that's normal? If so, any ideas why Horizon won't detect my HDD?

Are you sure the 16 GB Partition is set as the Primary Drive? If so, what I would do is either set it as such, or create only one partition, and let your 360 format it all.

Oh, and make sure you run Horizon as a Admin.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It's set as a Primary Drive. I'll try it with just the one partition and post back the results.

EDIT: Ok, did that and still no go. I even went and tried another external HDD, same results. I guess they just don't work well with 360's? Damn.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suprgamr232 said:
It's set as a Primary Drive. I'll try it with just the one partition and post back the results.

EDIT: Ok, did that and still no go. I even went and tried another external HDD, same results. I guess they just don't work well with 360's? Damn.

That's pretty weird. I have a few more thing to try.

1. Try moving some content from your 360's HDD, to your USB HDD. Try Horizon, see if it finds the content.

2. Run Horizon as Admin? It won't read your drive, if it's not Admin sometimes.

3. If all else fails try USBXtaf. It's system is a tad different.

Once it loads up, and displays your stuff. Go to Partition 3. Go into the folder called content. If there isn't such folder create one. Drag, and drop the Profile folder in there. (The E******* one.) Next, in the content folder create a folder called "0000000000000000", without the quotation marks. Throw the other folder in there. Keep all of the folders structure the same. (No renaming, or moving.)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
suprgamr232 said:

That's pretty weird. I have a few more thing to try.

1. Try moving some content from your 360's HDD, to your USB HDD. Try Horizon, see if it finds the content.

2. Run Horizon as Admin? It won't read your drive, if it's not Admin sometimes.

3. If all else fails try USBXtaf. It's system is a tad different.

Once it loads up, and displays your stuff. Go to Partition 3. Go into the folder called content. If there isn't such folder create one. Drag, and drop the Profile folder in there. (The E******* one.) Next, in the content folder create a folder called "0000000000000000", without the quotation marks. Throw the other folder in there. Keep all of the folders structure the same. (No renaming, or moving.)

1.Tried it already, no results.
2.I've been doing that.
3.I just tried it a few minutes ago actually, that doesn't work either.
unsure.gif

Oh well, I guess I'll have to spend some cash on a flash drive. Thanks for the help anyways!

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe the 360 can see multiple FAT32/NTFS partitions on the same harddrive if that's what you're trying to do. My first thought when they allowed us to use flashdrives/harddrives was to just make multiple 16GB partitions on my 320GB harddrive for maximum space...but it would only see a single partition.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
I don't believe the 360 can see multiple FAT32/NTFS partitions on the same harddrive if that's what you're trying to do. My first thought when they allowed us to use flashdrives/harddrives was to just make multiple 16GB partitions on my 320GB harddrive for maximum space...but it would only see a single partition.

True, he's trying to get Horizon to read his partition. Which he can't seem to do. I recommend either a Flash Drive, or if you have a iDevice you can partition a little of it's memory without having to reformat it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I know what the problem is. Basically my computer doesn't give newly connected HDD Drive Letters so it wouldn't recognize the device because it had no Drive Letter. How could I forget such a simple thing
rolleyes.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clonesniper666 said:
Did you set up a whole site for this because when I googled what you put I got an actual website or do you belong to the said site maybe.

I belong to said site in question. I've uploaded a bit of content, but in order to upload I'd have to have content to do so. So I set up a donation link, so I can buy more content and upload it for people. Otherwise, when I personally get money it usually goes to my non-jtag content. Anywho, next up a tutorial on how to mod Call Of Duty: Black Ops Zombies.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to add that to get banned profiles working instead of waiting for the gamer pic to appear you can count to 8 and it works perfectly. I tried the gamer pic way and I had troubles getting it working.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Devin said:
clonesniper666 said:
Did you set up a whole site for this because when I googled what you put I got an actual website or do you belong to the said site maybe.

I belong to said site in question. I've uploaded a bit of content, but in order to upload I'd have to have content to do so. So I set up a donation link, so I can buy more content and upload it for people. Otherwise, when I personally get money it usually goes to my non-jtag content. Anywho, next up a tutorial on how to mod Call Of Duty: Black Ops Zombies.

Did I read it wrong or are you basically selling warez ? oO

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suprgamr232 said:
I'd like to add that to get banned profiles working instead of waiting for the gamer pic to appear you can count to 8 and it works perfectly. I tried the gamer pic way and I had troubles getting it working.

Ah, it varies from internet connection to connection. I've heard another way is to look to the left, and when it pops up with "Xbox Live Free" in the Dashboard Blade click the guide button.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hunter291 said:
Devin said:
clonesniper666 said:

Not at all. I guess I should clarify myself a bit better. Donations. Their purpose is to help contribute to a cause, in no shape or form are they mandatory. If the donation button is against site regulations, I'll be happy to oblige by disposing of it.

EDIT: Might as well take it down, and PM a Moderator to further discuss if this breaks the site's regulation.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
hunter291 said:
Devin said:
clonesniper666 said:

No way dood! Totally backups. Totally

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Devin said:
hunter291 said:
Devin said:
clonesniper666 said:

Not at all. I guess I should clarify myself a bit better. Donations. Their purpose is to help contribute to a cause, in no shape or form are they mandatory. If the donation button is against site regulations, I'll be happy to oblige by disposing of it.

EDIT: Might as well take it down, and PM a Moderator to further discuss if this breaks the site's regulation.

Nevermind
biggrin.gif
I just got it wrong. But thanks for explaining it to me
biggrin.gif

Z

Zorua

Kudos to you! This worked perfectly with Borderlands. Also, is it possible to get avatar items and themes using this method?
EDIT: Do you need to do the profile thing each time you want to play the game?
frown.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
Kudos to you! This worked perfectly with Borderlands. Also, is it possible to get avatar items and themes using this method?
EDIT: Do you need to do the profile thing each time you want to play the game?
frown.gif

Themes; Not sure, Horizon has a theme making if you want to make your own though. (Not sure if it's only for Diamond Members.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg