Deadlock94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Alright title pretty much says it all. I have a 4gb xbox 360 slim with kenict. Me being the penny pincher I am I figured I would try to save 50 by buying a 50$ish 250 gb hardrive off eBay. I really want to just install games on it so I don't have to worry so much about the xbox's sweet tooth for disc leaving a lovely ring on it leaving it crippled. I have had 4 disc now professionally resurfaced(2 only being from the new slim) now and it's getting expensive and old quick. Now I am aware that these aren't real Microsoft Hdd let alone maybe not even real Hdd. Any way if anyone has a link to one that would work let me know. It just has to play installed games from the Hdd so if a disc was to become crippled then I could still play it.

Thanks

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You'll still need the disc to play any games. It's a requirement for the security check.

The HDDs bought for cheap should still be able to install games just fine. If the seller did the hack correctly the HDD will be recognized as an official 360 drive.

Deadlock94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right I understand that but generally the ring appears mid way in the disc, therefor the security check can be read then the disc is not needed anymore because of the game being ran from the Hdd.

I currenly have my old 360 hard drive getto rigged into my slim and it's 20 gb which isn't going to cut it.

Thank you!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Deadlock94 said:
Right I understand that but generally the ring appears mid way in the disc, therefor the security check can be read then the disc is not needed anymore because of the game being ran from the Hdd.

I currenly have my old 360 hard drive getto rigged into my slim and it's 20 gb which isn't going to cut it.

Thank you!
If I recall correctly, that ring you see in the middle of the disc is the separate 'layers' for the 360 and DVD player, so that if you put it into a 360 it shows the Game info but a DVD player will play a short video.
The security info needed to run the game is stored near the center of the disc in an area that isn't writable/copyable (I think).

Deadlock94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Deadlock94 said:

Thank you!
If I recall correctly, that ring you see in the middle of the disc is the separate 'layers' for the 360 and DVD player, so that if you put it into a 360 it shows the Game info but a DVD player will play a short video.
The security info needed to run the game is stored near the center of the disc in an area that isn't writable/copyable (I think).

you may be right but the one i currently have install with a ring is in the center and it seems to work. i was just basing it off that. but i think your right

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs