Hacking XBox 360 Slim Corona v2 Red Light after RGH Attempt

Cosmic_Link

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been attempting to RGH a Corona Board with a CR Rev C from Aliexpress. Have bought a few of these boards from Aliexpress and have already modded a Jasper and Falcon Board. While trying to glitch this console I have realized that the Corona apparently requires a 48mhz crystal to be installed with the CR Rev C? Anyway, I decided to revert back to Original NAND dump while I waited for the additional parts that I require and now I am greeted with a red light on the Xbox power ring. Checking secondary error code, this is giving me error 0100, which is apparently an issue with the Southbridge. This console was working fine before and now this. I'm not sure how reliable the error code is and was just wondering whether anybody else may have come across this issue when RGHing a Corona board and whether this is something that I can fix. I don't have the facility to reflow or reball the southbridge as tutorials seem to show for the error code and it's not economical for me to pay for somebody to do this for me.

Mainly looking for clarification about this, unless somebody has any ideas which might be able to help. If not, then I'll just chuck the console.

Thanks in advance for any replies and assistance with this.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it was bad flash. Maybe try reflashing a 2nd time. Set to retail in Jrunner. Also, pics of board may be helpful.

Cosmic_Link

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Thought I'd wait until after the Christmas madness to reply, when I have time for this. lol The console has been reassembled and condemned to the drawer. Have tried reflashing the NAND with original dump a few times. Will try again now and will report back.

Any particular areas of the board which you want pics of? There is nothing soldered to it currently as I removed the Coolrunner and have since reprogrammed and installed into a Trinity Board, so have ruled out the coolrunner being defective. There are no Nand reader cables currently installed to it either as I needed them for other boards. Gonna need to put them back on to flash the NAND. So can send photos afterwards if this suits?

Also, don't know how apparent it was from my original post, but I haven't managed to get it to boot into Xell yet so don't have the CPU Key yet.

Edit: Have taken photos of the areas of the board that would be relevant. Any areas that I have done any soldering tor areas I have worked near and board identifying locations. Have also flashed with original NAND Dump again and still getting error code 0100 and no display on TV. If you need anymore photos of the board, please let me know and I'll sort that out for you. :)

F426EEAC-A1A6-47CD-9F1C-C0BF31D9ECA0.jpeg
1ED3744A-46DB-4D79-9C8E-A4E477F55EEE.jpeg
E1D62B1C-B96D-4AC5-BF8F-7620821968E0.jpeg
533CC20C-FFAA-4240-8758-E58149284860.jpeg

Last edited by Cosmic_Link,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: balls