Gaming Xbox 360 Slim?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks nice, but not worth the price. Im gonna wait until either a decently priced bundle, or around the holidays when the sales start coming. (That or just ask for it as a birthday gift XD)

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i heard some stores already got it so was wondering if anyone has tried hacking this thing yet. I know it's early but doesn't hurt to ask for news =3

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
i heard some stores already got it so was wondering if anyone has tried hacking this thing yet. I know it's early but doesn't hurt to ask for news =3

I bet 10 bucks that when you try to hack it, it explodes
biggrin.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Wow, the new slim is said to make no NOISE at all, unlike the previous versions, I liked the Kinectimals, KinectSports, Dance Central, Fitness Evolved and Kinect Adventures demonstrations. I'm tempted into buying a next-gen console after all, and when Lucas Art's Star Wars Kinect game was shown, my head blew off, I just LOVE Star Wars...and and Forza Kinect was also demonstrated. Watching live was really exciting, but being there, would've been the BEST, I mean the...audiences got a FREE XBOX 360 SLIM!!! WTH!!! Lucky guys/gals!
You really can't call the XBOX360 a next-gen console anymore, it's 5 years old this year.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wondering should i get this new XBOX 360 or wait until sony or nintedo release another new console (none that i know of ) for the next year

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well i have my wii now and gonna get Black Ops but if i get SLIM for 360 i can have a more enjoyable time with the game. But if not i will just wait until a new console is made from either 3 companies. (3DS does not count)

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
Well i have my wii now and gonna get Black Ops but if i get SLIM for 360 i can have a more enjoyable time with the game. But if not i will just wait until a new console is made from either 3 companies. (3DS does not count)

Well, if you dont have a 360 at all, you'd be much better off buying one of the other models since the price is dropping 50 bucks on each one.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$350 for the 500GB Slim? Are there hardware changes or just a larger HDD? They still have the 250GB at $350 and the 120GB at $300.

The Slim 360 said it had a dedicated Kinetic port. No idea what that is about, as the original 360's won't have it.

It's a good revision for new 360 owners (ability to use optical audio + HDMI at the same time without breaking the end of the cable), wifi (who will use it? no one), slimmer, more Samsung looking. It's basically the same as PS3 now (what they are offering with it) except no Blu-Ray.

Just like there's no reason to buy a Slim PS3 if you owned a Phat one, there is no reason to purchase the Slim 360 if you own the original. It's only for those who need new consoles, or have extremely bad luck with 360's. Let's just hope their defective rate is lower than 90% this launch (which should be this or next weekend??).

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well for me i do not have direct connection.

The only thing putting me more on the PS side than XBOX is you dont have to pay for online and blu-ray. But this XBOX looks pretty sick with better things and i heard less red rings.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
$350 for the 500GB Slim? Are there hardware changes or just a larger HDD? They still have the 250GB at $350 and the 120GB at $300.

The Slim 360 said it had a dedicated Kinetic port. No idea what that is about, as the original 360's won't have it.

It's a good revision for new 360 owners (ability to use optical audio + HDMI at the same time without breaking the end of the cable), wifi (who will use it? no one), slimmer, more Samsung looking. It's basically the same as PS3 now (what they are offering with it) except no Blu-Ray.

Just like there's no reason to buy a Slim PS3 if you owned a Phat one, there is no reason to purchase the Slim 360 if you own the original. It's only for those who need new consoles, or have extremely bad luck with 360's. Let's just hope their defective rate is lower than 90% this launch (which should be this or next weekend??).

No idea on whether the Hardware is updated, but either way, the newer the better

And theres a huge difference between updating a 360 and a PS3.

For one, the PS3 has the crappiest set-up for if your console dies there is. If your console YLOD's or bricks, your data is done, no transferring or anything. So the only way to protect your data is to buy a new one before it dies and do a complete transfer, or do a Hard Drive backup and wait 4-8 weeks for your refurbished one to come in the mail

360 Slim only seems like a good idea for people who are planning to buy Kinect when it comes (In which case it just seems smarter to wait for that 399$ bundle), or just have the money to toss around like that.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are you guys getting the price for this thing? E3?
And someone said some stores already have it; is this true?

tk_saturn said:
You really can't call the XBOX360 a next-gen console anymore, it's 5 years old this year.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i should just get an arcade?

XBOX 360 Arcade
199 + 99 for wireless router +60 + hdd (i dont think it comes with it ) = more than the slim and ps3

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you need the router? Ethernet is plenty good, and if distance from a router is a problem, you could always get a really long cord. (I used to use a 50ish foot ethernet cord when the stupid cable company put all the important stuff in the wrong room and never had any lag issues).

As far as the HD, im pretty sure all of the prices tanked after the 250 Gig came out. So you could probally find a small one cheap online

Scratch that, can confirm the arcade dropped by 50. Also, tons of stores are doing sales starting tommorow. (Like walmart giving a 50 dollar giftcard)

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got same problem everything is in a different room never thought of getting 50 foot cord :|
Only thing is i am a big gamer red ring? But whatever free online and blu-ray still sell me off towards PS3. And i do not like xbox exclusives much. Only want an xbox because so much famous gamers and better peopel on xbox live ;|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3