Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
So let's recap...

Nintendo is low nowadays with the Wii U games offer.

Sony showed some games... well it was quite a lot of games actually. But they aren't showing the console (Deja Vu... Nintendo did the same thing with the Wii U and the Wii, controller first, console second)

Microsoft.... showed a.... that's not a console microsoft, look at it, its freaking HUGE... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? MAN TEH HARPPPOOOONS! showed a few games... yes FEW and most of them were CG, games are installed into the HDD and fixed to ONE xbox account, to get it to another xbox account you gotta pay extra... online requirement depends on the developer, if he wants it or not.

Man... this next generation isn't going very well... what the hell is happening? are console going to DIE?
So PC master race?

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

I had the good fortune to have just read the wired article. In it they posit that a gaming-only device will struggle and people have now been conditioned to expect more because of the iphone, What may I ask is wrong with this guy? :rofl2:

My reasoning as to why this fellow is incorrect runs as follows
It is because smart phones are a social device; with them you go on facebook, you talk to people and they are devices that people use to communicate (all of which is probably obvious but bears repeated never the less). Not so long ago people were not rocking up with phones like that at school.

Presently it seems a considerable number of people have such phones across all demographics. They are social communication devices and that would be why the iphone and other smartphones do so well. Everybody in my family has a facebook account, everybody they know has a facebook account. DAMN.

Gaming on a smart phone just happens to be a convenience... is anybody really going to say "oooh I gotta buy the next iphone because of games". That's what people buy a PS4 for.

People still want GAMING ONLY console. The 3ds has struggled because of a lack of games and its useless 3d gimmick. Wii u has struggled because Nintendo's PR have staff are horrible and they don't have enough good games.

This poor wired news writer trying to make the case for xbox one.... how very laughable :rofl2:

-----

just red the wired article. sayin a gaming-only device struggle and people may want more cuz of the iphone, wat is wrong this guy? :rofl2:

its becuz smart phones are a social device, u go on facebook, u talk to people, its a thing ppl get to communicate DUH. several years ago ppl weren't rockin with phones like dat at school.

now loaads of ppl have phones now and im talking about teenagers. its a social communication device thats y iphone and other smartphones do GOOD. every1 in my family has a facebook, every1 they know has a facebook account. DAMN.

gaming on a smart phone just happens to be a convenience...is any1 really gonna say oooh i gotta buy the next iphone becuz of games. rofl. thats what ppl buy a PS4 for. DUH. :gun:

people still want GAMING ONly console. 3ds has struggled cuz of not enough games and its useless 3d gimmick. wii u has struggled cuz nintendo's pr staff is horrible and they dont have enough g00d games.

this poor wired news writer tryin to make the case for xbox one. :rofl2:

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States

the system is not always on line, ok
but,
you may need to go online to install your games
so the game can be linked to you account

so
every game will have a "cd-key" type thing the is only good for one account
and you will need to buy a new key to install the game on a 2nd account

so you will need online with the system in some way it looks like

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I am SO excited about

- the Halo TV Series
- US centric partnerships, deals, services, etc.
- the fact that unlike that pesky Sony they showed the actual BLACK BOX, it makes all the difference!!!
- being able to see the sweat on the forehead of players in sports games or in call of duty. That's what gaming needs and will always need, ultra-realistic graphic, screw finely tuned gameplay mechanics like in those useless nintendo kiddie games.
- did I say THE HALO TV SERIES :grog:

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 exclusives being the 4 EA games, so 4 left to see
and 6 more cross consoles games to see, Ghosts being the other
8 NEW franchises.
NEEEWWWWW. So 15-8 = 7 games left to see.
Not to mention the fact those 7 are also EXCLUSIVE. Not cross platform.
The other EA games are also cross platform, therefore these 15 EXCLUSIVES have yet to even be shown -.-

Reactions: Sagat

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I am SO excited about

- the Halo TV Series
- US centric partnerships, deals, services, etc.
- the fact that unlike that pesky Sony they showed the actual BLACK BOX, it makes all the difference!!!
- being able to see the sweat on the forehead of players in sports games or in call of duty. That's what gaming needs and will always need, ultra-realistic graphic, screw finely tuned gameplay mechanics like in those useless nintendo kiddie games.
- did I say THE HALO TV SERIES :grog:

so wait what are they offering what wont be ripped and able to watch online???
considering i dont watch any sports and COD isnt a game for me... guess the xbox offers me nothing
maybe E3 games will save them

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seriously?

Edit: Wait... Can you uninstall? :lol:

Microsoft has completely forgotten the fact that one day the Xbox One will be as old as the NES is today.. And that you wont be able to buy the games new making the console MASSIVE paper weight, Good job M$
While that's a long time and people would probably emulate it about that time, it's still bothersome.

Also, that would make buying use pointless. You still have to pay the fee.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
For me so far, we got new games consoles with varying gimmicks ..

WiiU - gamepad
PS4 - Backwards compatability over cloud
XB1 - Minority report type set top box

God i love my wiiu gamepad :)
closely followed by my ps4
microsoft: most the people that buy your games console well they got TV's and erm subscriptions to services and set top boxes. I can't see it pulling a mass audience as a major selling point.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
8 NEW franchises.
NEEEWWWWW. So 15-8 = 7 games left to see.
Not to mention the fact those 7 are also EXCLUSIVE. Not cross platform.
The other EA games are also cross platform, therefore these 15 EXCLUSIVES have yet to even be shown -.-

no he said 15 games in first year of launch

and that was before the EA part

so 15 - EA 4 games - COD Ghosts = 10 games left 4 of which will be exclusive

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Microsoft.... showed a.... that's not a console microsoft, look at it, its freaking HUGE... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? MAN TEH HARPPPOOOONS!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images...5c75-d8c7-41ea-94f9-eafadd3f9939-620x372.jpeg
Not a great shot but one we can work with

On the right we have the controller. No dimensions as yet but fits in a hand and did not look too different to current ones. Current is about 150mm at the longest part but call it 10% more if you want and 165mm

104 pixels on that image is 165mm --> one pixel is just shy of 1.6mm
Console length is 227 pixels or about 360mm
Height is 57 pixels or 90mm
I lack a great depth shot and perspective calculations annoy me by by eyeball it is hardly a radically different aspect ratio.
My original 360 is about 300mm by 80mm (can't be bothered to get the Vernier out or put the case back together) and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Console-Premium-Version/dp/B0007SV734 says 325mm (w) x 98mm (h) x 274mm (d) for the original PS3.

Back on topic if indeed it does mess up used sales they just blew any goodwill they had.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry +2