Hardware Xbox One won't display on monitor after installing new hard drive

mattroboomin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. Around two months ago my game froze and suddenly my entire xbox froze too. After turning the xbox off, I turned it back on and it wouldn't display on my monitor and after a few seconds, the xbox would shut down entirely. I took out the hard drive and confirmed that the hard drive had failed (wouldn't pop up on windows when I connect it to the SATA to USB adapter to my computer).

I finally had enough money to buy a new hard drive. I followed XFiX's tutorial, got my new partitions, plugged in my new hard drive and I saw that the xbox won't display on my monitor. I tried different HDMI cables, monitors, but no luck. I know I at least fixed something because my xbox doesn't turn off automatically after a few seconds like previously. Now it stays on.

I have the original 500gb xbox one. I tried installing a brand new 2tb hard drive

GoyimTheBarbaryan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old thread, hope you didnt toss the Xbox and I hope this helps. It could be a resolution problem like I dealt with on my Xbox.

If there’s a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console.

Note This will boot your console in a low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset these settings again, press the Menu button, select Settings, and then select Display & sound.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land