Xbox one turns on but turns off after a minute.

Literalgamer81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently found my old Xbox one and set it up to play. I turned it on, but nothing showed on screen, and it then turned off after a minute. I kept trying and got booted into the "Something Went Wrong" screen. I searched the error code, and it was a corrupt hard drive issue. I reset the hard drive by resetting the hard drive and removed all the apps. After it finished, the console turned off. I turned it back on for a minute and then proceeded to turn itself back off again. I thought it was a hard drive issue, seeing how it had given me the corrupt hard drive error, so I took it apart, switched out the hard drive, and nothing changed. I did change it out with a 320Gb hard drive, and my xbox had a 500Gb hard drive. I'm not sure if that might stop it from turning on though. I just want to know if it really is a hard drive issue, or a mother board issue and it just won't work anymore. Thank you for any help I can get.

Oldie59

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently found my old Xbox one and set it up to play. I turned it on, but nothing showed on screen, and it then turned off after a minute. I kept trying and got booted into the "Something Went Wrong" screen. I searched the error code, and it was a corrupt hard drive issue. I reset the hard drive by resetting the hard drive and removed all the apps. After it finished, the console turned off. I turned it back on for a minute and then proceeded to turn itself back off again. I thought it was a hard drive issue, seeing how it had given me the corrupt hard drive error, so I took it apart, switched out the hard drive, and nothing changed. I did change it out with a 320Gb hard drive, and my xbox had a 500Gb hard drive. I'm not sure if that might stop it from turning on though. I just want to know if it really is a hard drive issue, or a mother board issue and it just won't work anymore. Thank you for any help I can get.
I am not 100% sure, but I think you need 500gb minimum, and if you start with a new SSD 500gb, 1000gb or 2000gb there is download called OSU1 that has the Xbox 1 operating system on it (about 6gb). There are a lot of videos out there for instructions to do it-but as I said I am not 100% sure it would fix your issue. Good luck.

Reactions: Kopimist

Pro3641

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact same problem. It started out with games not working anymore or problems with certain games. Then it would shut down when it wanted to. Then finally you'd turn it on and it would stay on for under a minute then shut back off. After going through testing procedures, I found my power pack was bad. I got a new power pack and it still did the same thing. I had an old 1TB drive so I put it in with the new power pack without doing anything else. The Xbox stayed on. So I bought a new 1TB hard drive and did the partitioning and added the OSU1 files. Good as new. Either the bad power pack fried my hard drive or they both went at the same time. Be aware that if your OS version is from newer, the partitioning for the System Update needs to be increased to 13GB instead of 12GB that the scripting from here creates. I had 22621.2216 from Sept 2022 and had to increase the partition.

Reactions: Kopimist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...