Hacking Xecuter and FW Update Question

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sometimes patched exploits have entry points that could lead to future exploits that have not been patched yet and releasing the working exploit would uncover this and Nintendo would just close it all up. Somtimes these teams need to keep the entry points open to explore future firmware's and make it easier to find a working exploit through them.
clearly they all ready have a cfw that works as they were able to data mine the 5.0.0 update.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 5.0.0. Remember the Wiikey team? they said they had a modchip for the wiiu, but then it never got released.

Now as for TX they are going off a hardware exploit. Nintendo has changes the console physically now and is producing the new version of the switch to most likely combat it. in other words a hardware exploit is possible and most likely real and can not be patched. I'm not saying to update.

in the 5.0.0 they added a randomizer into the kernel address so softmodding (free) is virtually impossible unless someone cracks the algorithm for it, which from what I understand, has only been done once, but not anything console related because you cant brute force a randomizer.

to sum it up in theory
Softmod < 5.0.0
Hardmod > 5.0.0 > New switch revision

As for this.
clearly they all ready have a cfw that works as they were able to data mine the 5.0.0 update.
Not true all you have to do is get the address to the download from the server via network sniffing tools the download using packet and such.

Last edited by Zonark,

Dann_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I updated to 5.0.0. Remember the Wiikey team? they said they had a modchip for the wiiu, but then it never got released.

Now as for TX they are going off a hardware exploit. Nintendo has changes the console physically now and is producing the new version of the switch to most likely combat it. in other words a hardware exploit is possible and most likely real and can not be patched. I'm not saying to update.

in the 5.0.0 they added a randomizer into the kernel address so softmodding (free) is virtually impossible unless someone cracks the algorithm for it, which from what I understand, has only been done once, but not anything console related because you cant brute force a randomizer.

to sum it up in theory
Softmod < 5.0.0
Hardmod > 5.0.0 > New switch revision

As for this.

Not true all you have to do is get the address to the download from the server via network sniffing tools the download using packet and such.

Softmodding isn't dead because of 5.0.0, it just got a lot harder. But is still possible in an interactive environment like Webkit.

You ahould still stay as low as possible ofciurse.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softmodding isn't dead because of 5.0.0, it just got a lot harder. But is still possible in an interactive environment like Webkit.

You ahould still stay as low as possible ofciurse.

Of course its not dead. but like you said they would have to find a way to read the kernel access every time but that in itself would be patchable immediately basically. This is where the payout become worth it

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However no one knows if later someone find a new exploit again... I bet with time they will all be hacked, but yeah lower fw got hacked pretty fast and the lower the better ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn