Hacking Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Chapter 4/5 save file request

Tecnomage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
uff managed to fix the game myself. I had to look up the offset in the .sav file and find where the rock removal event is recorded.

0x817 Rock Event
00 = The event has not occurred yet
40 = Remove Rock Event Ended

View attachment 321701
View attachment 321702
View attachment 321703

It would be necessary to place the rock and the grid again
0x6A9B 8 bit
Rock Object
02 = Place the rock
05 = Remove the rock

If I was able to fix my game, I think they can also fix about the event of the NPC not appearing in a quest to go to sleep.
How did u edit the file?
Im on the escape the castle mission, after destroying the anihilator and Im stuck that I cant remove a bar, cause I removed it already in the past (was exploring). Cinematic doesnt start cause of that.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
How did u edit the file?
Im on the escape the castle mission, after destroying the anihilator and Im stuck that I cant remove a bar, cause I removed it already in the past (was exploring). Cinematic doesnt start cause of that.
There is an area in memory that allows you to block or unlock options (such as being able to make fast trips if you enter the prisoner camp) just below where you add the points of the explored map and the activated fast trips are saved.

Eternl88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
uff managed to fix the game myself. I had to look up the offset in the .sav file and find where the rock removal event is recorded.

0x817 Rock Event

View attachment 321701
View attachment 321702
View attachment 321703

0x6A9B 8 bit
Rock Object
02 = Place the rock
05 = Remove the rock

If I was able to fix my game, I think they can also fix about the event of the NPC not appearing in a quest to go to sleep.
hi.. can you show me how to fix this? i having exactly same problem like yours but i don't know where to start and for some reason i cannot see your attachment.

Last edited by Eternl88,
Reactions: normand668

AresAht

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

0x817 Rock Event

View attachment 321701
View attachment 321702
View attachment 321703

0x6A9B 8 bit
Rock Object
02 = Place the rock
05 = Remove the rock

Thank you for your reply! Thanks to you! I was able to repair my save!

I post pictures to help you since the other pictures are no longer here

MO4O0OR.png

9df4FKF.png

You need the HxD app to edit your sav file

Good game everyone

Last edited by AresAht,
Reactions: Imancol

Pixel_Rat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

0x817 Rock Event

View attachment 321701
View attachment 321702
View attachment 321703

0x6A9B 8 bit
Rock Object
02 = Place the rock
05 = Remove the rock

How were you able to look up the offset for the rock removal event? I'm having the same problem that others have mentioned about the NPC in City not showing up. The easiest solution seems to be just altering the event so the game thinks it's already happened, but I don't know where to look to find that offset. I'm familiar with finding offsets for dynamic values like stats and money, but for something like this I'm completely lost.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
How were you able to look up the offset for the rock removal event? I'm having the same problem that others have mentioned about the NPC in City not showing up. The easiest solution seems to be just altering the event so the game thinks it's already happened, but I don't know where to look to find that offset. I'm familiar with finding offsets for dynamic values like stats and money, but for something like this I'm completely lost.

Your best option is to find a game where the event has not occurred or where the NPC appears, and keep a save game just before and after with a minimum difference (where you can't find anything done except something related to said event). Try using hexadecimal comparison software and look for notable differences between those 2 items. You may encounter multiple zones, so you try to share data between games (copy the data to a test game) then inject and load that game, has there been a change? It is also useful to look for the offset in Memory to make quick changes (just reload the map for the changes to take effect)

The second option is reverse engineering, looking for the structure of the game. Most save game editors are aware of this.

https://github.com/jim972329667/Xenoblade3/blob/main/Xenoblade3/XC3Save.cs

Pixel_Rat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best option is to find a game where the event has not occurred or where the NPC appears, and keep a save game just before and after with a minimum difference (where you can't find anything done except something related to said event). Try using hexadecimal comparison software and look for notable differences between those 2 items. You may encounter multiple zones, so you try to share data between games (copy the data to a test game) then inject and load that game, has there been a change? It is also useful to look for the offset in Memory to make quick changes (just reload the map for the changes to take effect)

The second option is reverse engineering, looking for the structure of the game. Most save game editors are aware of this.
Ok, so it's still the "changed value" angle, just using a file that is working properly. In this particular case I think that's going to be more tedious than it's worth. Though, I might still try to find it so as to help future generations (since I found exactly zero information about actually fixing this issue).

Thanks for the assist!

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok, so it's still the "changed value" angle, just using a file that is working properly. In this particular case I think that's going to be more tedious than it's worth. Though, I might still try to find it so as to help future generations (since I found exactly zero information about actually fixing this issue).

Thanks for the assist!
I can help if you have the ability to communicate in Spanish. I have added my signature my community in case you need a hand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8