Not open for further replies.

enzonahuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ooookay, let's go!

After XC1DE and XC2/Torna, I bring you... ¡DunArd's preset for Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

Updated presets with IPS patch for 1.1.0 update.
Updated presets to v1.1 (and mostly final update)

Introduction

All presets have mostly the same settings, the only changes between one and the other is ColReduction (false for emulator), resolution scaling and antialiasing sharpness.

To avoid comments out of context or destructive criticism as has happened before with a certain user: I share these presets for personal taste and for whoever wants to enjoy them, at no time do I specify that they are the best they will find or that my settings are the only valid ones. They are adjustments made from my personal experience, arranged to my liking and optimized to the level that Nintendo Switch can support.

These are the general JSON settings, whoever wants to edit it for their own benefit or research is free to do so.

Common features:
- Better shadows with greater distance and quality
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient, ported from my older XC1 and XC2 settings.
- Better resolution with their respective improvements in the LOD, terrain and vegetation (they are linked to the internal resolution of the game)
- Slightly tweaked colours in bloom, shadows and clouds for better environment
- Performance mostly reach 30 FPS in larger areas, battles and cutscenes if you overclock CPU/GPU/RAM to:

Installation:
- Unzip and drop Atmosphere folder in the MicroSD root for Switch.
- Unzip and drop romfs folder in "...\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\load\010074F013262000\Config", create "exefs" folder and drop .ips file in "...\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\load\010074F013262000\Config" for Yuzu
- Unzip and drop contents and exefs_patches folders in "...\AppData\Roaming\Ryujinx\mods" for Ryujinx

Comparison screenshots (Vanilla vs Portable Preset):

Portable JSON settings:

Dock JSON settings:

Emulators JSON settings:

I hope you enjoy it :grog:
Thank you very much, the game looks quite a bit better than before. Does this use Dynamic resolution scaling? If yes, is there a way to disable it/ fix it at 720 p docked?

Fukuro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Guys, sorry for dumb question. Do I just need to drop files on sdcard for graphics mod to work like usual or is there anything else needs to be done? Somehow all presets that i downloaded here doesnt seem to work..

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks to @PhiZero we have now 5 more strings. It seems my script missed those out from original configs :v

0xDC58DD66 -> skyToneDirLightIntensity
0x81CA303C -> skyToneAmbientIntensity
0x4B214CF3 -> lightShaftTonemapScale
0x2EBCBD3E -> lightShaftTonemapLuminance
0xFF8D3307 -> ao_av_BlurFallOff

Updated first post and json to include them.

Last edited by masagrator,

DunArd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you very much, the game looks quite a bit better than before. Does this use Dynamic resolution scaling? If yes, is there a way to disable it/ fix it at 720 p docked?
Hello, yes, for portable and dock it has DR because Nintendo Switch can't handle battles and cutscenes at 30FPS with the maxed resolution. BTW, Dock preset it has reduced only horizontal lines, no vertical, so the image has to look pretty much as it would at full resolution, as if it had DR off

Reactions: enzonahuy

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So now ? Can Everyone see a difference ?
I can say torna is the cleanest from all series. And xc3 mostly run under 720p. Maybe the map to big to handle. And the cutscene sometimes drop to 20fps no matter maxout the oc. While in battle large complex area with many effect will drop to 20fps but this not very noticeable compared to cutscene which is quite annoying sometimes. In the end default mode without mod is really good compared previous game in handheld with reversenx

Reactions: cobjak

Medel87

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
not true at all I even posted a video before showing otherwise. the issue is you refuse to lower motion blur which is the biggest performance drop
I think it depend a lot wich zone or enemy is, with you config, I have some FPS drop (even with max OC), but looks beautiful, I think a little dyn res will be nice to maintain FPS stable all the time

jmwangde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks to @PhiZero we have now 5 more strings. It seems my script missed those out from original configs :v

0xDC58DD66 -> skyToneDirLightIntensity
0x81CA303C -> skyToneAmbientIntensity
0x4B214CF3 -> lightShaftTonemapScale
0x2EBCBD3E -> lightShaftTonemapLuminance
0xFF8D3307 -> ao_av_BlurFallOff

Updated first post and json to include them.
"blm_saturation4": 0.0 should have a ","?

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
See video comments
Ill post my comment here too to see if it helps anyone or me for that matter.

" status monitor should immediatly reflect going from 30 to 60? Cuz for me I go out of the cheat menu and I press the L+A button and nothing seems to happen. still 30 fps. And im 100% on xenoblade 1.1 patch. and i put the file in the contents folder im 100% sure as i have the graphics config file there too from the gbatemp topic."

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it depend a lot wich zone or enemy is, with you config, I have some FPS drop (even with max OC), but looks beautiful, I think a little dyn res will be nice to maintain FPS stable all the time
I don't have any drops with my config docked even againsts bosses like consuls and not max clocked either though I do use 1862 ram. handheld thats a whole different story as its greatly limited by 460mhz but it shouldn't drop below 27fps

Last edited by deathblade200,

vonovon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6pjnjfwwqwczfz7/lib_nx.bin/file this is with the blur set to 0.1 you can also set it to 0.0 but I havn't tested

Ooookay, let's go!

After XC1DE and XC2/Torna, I bring you... ¡DunArd's preset for Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

Updated presets with IPS patch for 1.1.0 update.
Updated presets to v1.1 (and mostly final update)

Introduction

All presets have mostly the same settings, the only changes between one and the other is ColReduction (false for emulator), resolution scaling and antialiasing sharpness.

To avoid comments out of context or destructive criticism as has happened before with a certain user: I share these presets for personal taste and for whoever wants to enjoy them, at no time do I specify that they are the best they will find or that my settings are the only valid ones. They are adjustments made from my personal experience, arranged to my liking and optimized to the level that Nintendo Switch can support.

These are the general JSON settings, whoever wants to edit it for their own benefit or research is free to do so.

Common features:
- Better shadows with greater distance and quality
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient, ported from my older XC1 and XC2 settings.
- Better resolution with their respective improvements in the LOD, terrain and vegetation (they are linked to the internal resolution of the game)
- Slightly tweaked colours in bloom, shadows and clouds for better environment
- Performance mostly reach 30 FPS in larger areas, battles and cutscenes if you overclock CPU/GPU/RAM to:

Installation:
- Unzip and drop Atmosphere folder in the MicroSD root for Switch.
- Unzip and drop romfs folder in "...\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\load\010074F013262000\Config", create "exefs" folder and drop .ips file in "...\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\load\010074F013262000\Config" for Yuzu
- Unzip and drop contents and exefs_patches folders in "...\AppData\Roaming\Ryujinx\mods" for Ryujinx

Comparison screenshots (Vanilla vs Portable Preset):

Portable JSON settings:

Dock JSON settings:

Emulators JSON settings:

I hope you enjoy it :grog:
can the emulator preset run on hardware if its an OCD mariko?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye