Gaming Xenoblade Chronicles Hype Thread!

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I do mixes of all the character when doing quests so their affanity can raise up too, but it now seems my normal team for fighting just isn't enough anymore. I'd hate to not use shulk.

I use Dunban, Melia, Fiora, not much healing.. but you won't need it, if you build up Dunban and Fiora as dodging demons, Melia's always fragile no matter what you do so you just gotta keep aggro off her. Actually if I remember right I skill linked certain skills so I could heal with Burst Affinities and critical hits.
It's been a while since I've updated my skill links so I should probably give that a go again and see if I can spice things up. What did you focus on for making them dodge a lot better?

Schezo92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Agility makes them dodge better, gotta make gems if you want to go without a healer(well Technically Melia can heal but she's bad at it). There's some skills that up agility too, Dunban has one where his agility shoots up a massive amount but it's near useless at post-game fights, so not sure if you want to use that seeing that you're at Egil already.

I'll have to boot the game up again to see what my skill links are.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Just to beat gadolt I has to change around my gems, and I think I used rikki instead of reyn for my tank. I guess I have to go farming for gems. I've always just used the ones I've gotten from fighting and picking up on travel, I haven't actually gone out mining for specific ones, but I guess now is the time to start. I don't see any of the skill traits that allow for HP regen while fighting, only ones that increase the amount that gets received when you get healed, I guess I have to take another look on that again as well.

I get frustrated using melia. Her arts really dont seem to have too much of an importance. And I can only use 3 of the summon arts per battle unless she loses all HP and gets revived, so thats kinda pointless.

I've barely switch away from the arts that I have set for each character. I think I've only switched out 4 or 5 in total because I don't see the use of most of the others. I also don't fully understand what aura is about, I think I have an idea, but I still find it pointless at that rate so I don't focus on those arts.

I guess I need some advice.

I'm not one that plays games very often, but when I do it's a good RPG that I like, but I still usually never get to the halfway point of any game. So this is really my first game with my full intentions of trying to beat since Super Metroid.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I get frustrated using melia. Her arts really dont seem to have too much of an importance. And I can only use 3 of the summon arts per battle unless she loses all HP and gets revived, so thats kinda pointless.

I've barely switch away from the arts that I have set for each character. I think I've only switched out 4 or 5 in total because I don't see the use of most of the others. I also don't fully understand what aura is about, I think I have an idea, but I still find it pointless at that rate so I don't focus on those arts.

I guess I need some advice.
Until I find Fiora, I ofen used Melia because of her buff ability.
You are wrong about her "3 limited skill per battle".

Fiora Melia has a double effect skills.
Each skill works in two direction:
First time it provide buff to the party (AGI up, regen, power up, etc.)
Second time, you release the elemental power to do damage to enemies : Water, fire, electricity, ice, etc.

You can "store" up to 3 power before you are forced to release them if you want to store new skill.
Each time you store a power, a light ball appear around Melia's head.

Select Water (give regen) > select fire (give power up) > select earth (give agi up) : You are full for the buff, you need to release them
press the center circle to cast them in the reversed order:
press 1 time to release earth (cast poison) > press 2nd time to release fire (cast fire) >
You can press a third time to release your water attack (absorb HP) to enemies, or do two new buffs to the party.

store > release
store > store > store
release > release > release (empty, you need to store new power).

I hope it make sense to you :P

About my party, I used a lot Melia / Riki / someone else (either dunban, or shulk when monado required)
When I found Fiora, I used her instead as she's powerful, she has a skill to reduce enemy's power and absorb it (25% more ATK power), she also has a skill to double the auto attack speed.

I often switched the members to increase their affinity, but I used a lot Melia and Fiora as leader.

Like you did, I sticked to set abilities and almost never changed them, I found the ones I liked and match my way of playing the battles.
If you like, I can list the skill I used, or detail how I used them. but it might be different than the way you fight.

About the user's skills tree, the tree column you unlock has sometime the same skill as other user but with a lot less AP needed. (for example Equip heavy armor takes less AP if it's in an unlocked column)

Schezo92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Melia has a double effect skills.
Each skill works in two direction:
First time it provide buff to the party (AGI up, regen, power up, etc.)
Second time, you release the elemental power to do damage to enemies : Water, fire, electricity, ice, etc.
Fix'd, you put Fiora on where you meant Melia.
Also Volt is OP, to enemies that don't resist it.
To the guy saying Melia is weak, you don't need to wait for her talent gauge to fill up to release the elementals, her talent gauge automatically activates when its full and the effect is boosted ether damage(IE. Elemental release) and allow you to use the 2 arts that require it.

Also if you're not controlling her yourself I think the Focus Attacks command make her release her summoned elements.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Thanx guys. I finally have Melia somewhat figured out. I did not know you could cast those summoned arts, but now I learn that they initial effect stays util that art gets cast. Neat to know. I'm seeing a huge improvement of my play with her already. I spent 1 1/2 hours adjusting my skill links. I only have 140 AC right now, so that kinda sux. I have to catch up on all my arts. I collected a bunch of advanced art books, and that took like 6 hours just to get 12 of them, and I have like 30+ more to get. At least I'm doing this shit now before continuing on with the story. I really want to get the mechon core cleared so I can do some even better stuff, but I guess I have to hold off. It's about time that I catch up on my quests, like get alcomoth's quests done and raise my affinity with them.

I'm at 112 hours into the game. Thats the most I ever put into a game.

I finally figured out about saving before opening a chest from a UM and just reloading until I get what I want. I was confused about it until I figured out how spawning works and that the chests are only determined when opened. That helped a bit.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Hence why I want to finish the alcamoths quests now before going any further. I've been loosely following a walkthrough, and least since I got cut off from sword valley and gallahad fortress, now I know to read ahead a little, but I'm not letting it spoil the story for me.

This game is kind of hard for me I gave up against that bitch
Solidum Theresia
Thats a sad excuse for anyone who is a gamer or non-gamer. I even beat that with ease. Step up your game and don't give up too quickly. This game is worth the effort.
I didn't spend this much gameplay in taking my wife's virginity.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Jeeze. I've spent the whole day since 6am doing quests, and I'm only half way caught up. Holy crap this game is damn long. Good thing I found that spreadsheet that has nearly everything I need to know to find things without spending another 100+ hours searching on my own. I still have 30+ advanced arts books to get that I'm taking a back seat on for the time being.

But I'm loving this game. This has to be the best wii rpg game. I only wish that there was an online aspect and that they did fully add in the bionis's shoulder map into the game. But, I guess online gameplay would hurt this game a little. I like the fact that you can save the game at any time and ot have to schedule things with other players and such.

Incredible game they made. Already at 122 hours into it, if not more by now.

Schezo92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well most of the quests don't give you stuff that's worth doin them.
In my opinion the only good thing quests give you is the extra skill trees, and some of those you may not use anyway, but at least they're easier to level up,

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Spent the last few days bustin ass. I'm up to level 85 so far. I hoping to get to level 99, get all the arts book, and finish as much of the quests as possible before beating Egil. I been tracking down all the UM and getting as many AC's as possible so I can be a tough guy when I go to kick ass. I'm sure by the time that I am ready to beat Egil it will only take me like one more day to complete the rest of the game because I have everything else finished :D.

My one problem though, there is a UM in Sword Valley that I did not beat, and I have not found any ocarina codes that will reopen sword valley for me. I wish there was I way to go back and do it and I wish I had a USB Gecko to be able to make my own cheat code. Anyone got any other ideas?

I've got colony 9, Lower Bionis (frontier village), and Hidden Village at affinity level 5 stars. Colony 6 at 3 stars, and Upper Bionis (Alcomoth) at 4 stars. So not much further to go for me.

I kinda can not wait to finally finish this game. I'm currently at 145 hours of gameplay and I'm trying to not miss anything (besides that one UM in sword valley).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't want to spoil too many things to you, but there are still some story after Mekonis chapter (you are still in mekonis, there's one chapter after that, and lot of cutscenes).

I also had only 3 stars at colony 6 at this point in the game, you will need to complete Mekonis chapter and go to the last one to unlock some missions.
You will need access to the last map to complete some Col6 Item picking quests too.

You can beat the Agniratha's boss around level 70 (it's the level I had for this battle, it's was the correct difficulty).
It will be easy for you to go to this battle if you are already lv85 :)

If you are sure you don't need to go back to Mekonis, you can go to the boss.
It's like the sword, it will be red and unable to teleport again :(

I also wish I could go to all the previous maps.
I did all the unique and missions on the sword, but I like going back everywhere.
I missed an unique monster in Mekonis center (a Lv70 very big monster).
I tried the Ocarina code to "unlock all locations" but it only add the maps in the map list, it doesn't allow teleportation to red spot :(

I didn't play since I found gwynry, I still have few quests at col6 (only 4 stars) and 2 skill tree to unlock (I don't know where I can find these quests, I didn't follow any guide or FAQS). Only then I will go to the last boss.

Oh, and even if you have already 5 stars at Col9 and other places, you will still find quests after Mekonis chapter ;)
Mainly talking to people to link them all on the relation cart.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Too bad when you beat it, all of the town affinity and all those quests you've completed will go poof.

And you're not gonna get to Lv 99 before Egil without 5 zillion hours of grinding. Finish him, THEN go for Lv 99, as various sections will start adding 80+ level monsters. An early area opens up a huge area with pretty much nothing below Lv 90.

Plus you can't complete the collectopaedia before Egil. 110% impossible.

BTW, get all the quests done first, THEN go for Lv 99. It'll be a lot easier doing it in that order. Also, save scumm the Unique Monster gold chests for your art books. It'll save you major headache, especially since 2 books are dropped only from 2 uniques (in the same area), and they appear ONCE.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's why I still miss a lot of art books :(

@DeadlyFoez :
You did better than me, I was around 200H where you are only 150!
I talked to people and walked everywhere a lot.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I just want to finish as much as I can before the cutoff of alcomoth so I don't have to do so much effort of getting back to it for smaller quests that are able to be done now.I know I can EASILY whip Egil's ass now it I want to, but I want to get as much as possible out of the way now before I move forward in the story. If I can, I'd like to get up to level 99 on all my characters before the cutoff of alcomoth so I have less to deal with later.

But my wife is hating me for spending so much time on this game, even though she has probably spent over 500 hours playing Mario Kart, plus all the other games she has played while ignoring household chores.

Out of all the wii games, this is the only game I have bothered to put my effort towards. This game is freaking awesome.

I don't consider it cheating because I am searching online for future insight on the game, because if I lived in europe then I could have bought the game players guide which would have given me more info than what I can currently find online. I think I'm doing good, but damn this game is hard and a lot to learn, but it is all sooooo worth every minute.

Best game ever. (IMHO)

especially since 2 books are dropped only from 2 uniques (in the same area), and they appear ONCE.
Which 2 are you speaking about? I have found a few arts books that were only dropped by 1 UM, but please fill me in incase I missed it in my gameplay.

I know if I wanted then I could beat this game now, but I will have so much unfinished, and I'm not willing to do that on this game.

But certainly, when I beat this game, I will not bother with newgame+. I have already lost out on many chances to get pussy that this game is not worth a second round of not getting pussy.

Funny as it is, my bitch won't give my nookie because I've played my game so much, but I crawl in bed and she says 'I was gonna give you some but you played your game too much', and I say 'OK, since I'm not getting anything then I will go back and play some more', then she says, 'OK, F**K me first and then you can go back to you game'.

WIN!!

dumb bitch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: hi everyone.