ROM Hack RELEASE xv2savdec - Tool to decrypt/encrypt Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Switch save files

• Thread starter ukee
  • Start date
  • Views 102,329
  • Replies 165
  • Likes 10

Saey_AZE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, could someone help me unlock the Supreme Time Kai? Could you send you my saved data? I really don't know how the hex editor works ... or if anyone can send me their save files to use for reference I would appreciate it

Last edited by Saey_AZE,

Skrumpilicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, im trying to decrypt my ps4 dbxv2 save with Save Wizard but the advanced mode is greyed out (advanced mode is how you decrypt the ps4 saves) so im looking for help on getting a ps4 save decrypted and re-encrypted so i can try to either hex edit it or use it with a pc save editor. Please help me if you can

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Like what Cyan said, you'll need a hex editor to edit the file.

Offsets:
0x24-0x28 - Zeni
0x29-0X2D - TP Medal

Example:
You want 999,999 Zeni, convert the 999,999 to hexadecimal notation (‭00-0F-42-3F‬) then reverse it (3F-42-0F-00) and put them in the 0x24-0x28 offsets.

7oz7k4l.png

The same goes for the TP Medal.
Please forgive me for reviving this, i wana know if you can teach me how to change the name with hex edit

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, im trying to decrypt my ps4 dbxv2 save with Save Wizard but the advanced mode is greyed out (advanced mode is how you decrypt the ps4 saves) so im looking for help on getting a ps4 save decrypted and re-encrypted so i can try to either hex edit it or use it with a pc save editor. Please help me if you can
As PS4 user, if Save Wizard's Advanced mode is not supported (greyed out), so there is no way to decrypt the PS4 save.

Remember, Save Wizard doesn't condone the multiplayer cheat so that why they don't allow advanced mode on saves that used for competitive online games.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save file decryptor doesn't seem to work for newer saves? Are there any plans to update it?
I'm working on this. I've successfully used it to decrypt, edit and re-encrypt without it being rejected by the game. I want to do some clean up and will share once I get enough posts.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Click for latest version

Updated tool. Standard disclaimer, I take no responsibility for what you do with it or what it does when you use it. Make lots of backups. This tool cannot convert switch saves to pc or vice versa. There is no known way to do this. The tool can fool the existing PC tools into thinking they are PC files.

When decrypting it will create a switch format and PC format file. The switch format file can be edited directly with a hex editor and re-encrypted. The PC format file can be encrypted with the PC xv2savdec tool and then opened with Lazybone's editor (The editor won't open decrypted files for some reason). I'm sure there are things that will break, but I was able to edit clothes, skills, qq bangs, souls, level, and attributes. Once finished editing, use the PC xv2savdec tool to decrypted the edited file, then re-encrypt for the switch with mine. It will accept PC formatted files and encrypt them for the switch. This is a very basic conversion which simply offsets a few bytes and adds/removes some at the end of the file. It is highly unlikely a complete PC file will work on the Switch.

Last edited by l7777,

Rauber-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Updated tool. Standard disclaimer, I take no responsibility for what you do with it or what it does when you use it. Make lots of backups.

When decrypting it will create a switch format and PC format file. The switch format file can be edited directly with a hex editor and re-encrypted. The PC format file can be encrypted with the PC xv2savdec tool and then opened with Lazybone's editor (The editor won't open decrypted files for some reason). I'm sure there are things that will break, but I was able to edit clothes, skills, qq bangs, souls, level, and attributes. Once finished editing, use the PC xv2savdec tool to decrypted the edited file, then re-encrypt for the switch with mine. It will accept PC formatted files and encrypt them for the switch. This is a very basic conversion which simply offsets a few bytes and adds/removes some at the end of the file. It is highly unlikely a complete PC file will work on the Switch.
Can't you make a more detailed guide or even a video? Sorry to ask much, but this post gave me hope, and when I finished editing my Steam save and make all the steps for it to go to the switch, The save came out as blank :(

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you make a more detailed guide or even a video? Sorry to ask much, but this post gave me hope, and when I finished editing my Steam save and make all the steps for it to go to the switch, The save came out as blank :(
Apologies for the false hope. There is no known way to truly convert saves between switch and PC. My tool simply fools the PC tools into thinking that the file is a PC file so they will operate on a switch file. In the case of the editor it is probably 70% - 80% functional. From what I saw people were noting that trying to edit the story and mentor progress caused problems and I don't know about the hero coliseum. My tool can only enable and slightly simplify editing of switch files, nothing more.

The process is like this:
  1. Get switch save file
  2. Decrypt it
  3. Modify it slightly so the PC tools think it's a PC file (this is the "PC" version that my tool spits out)
  4. Re-encrypt it with the PC version of xv2savdec
  5. Edit with Lazybone's editor
  6. Save
  7. Decrypt edited save with xv2savdec
  8. Undo modifications in step 3
  9. Re-encrypt it for the switch with my tool
  10. Put save file back on switch and see if the edits worked. Some will not or will corrupt the switch save.
My tool takes care of steps 2, 3, 8, and 9 using the method described in this post.

Updated tool and instruction here.

Last edited by l7777,

Rauber-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Apologies for the false hope. There is no known way to truly convert saves between switch and PC. My tool simply fools the PC tools into thinking that the file is a PC file so they will operate on a switch file. In the case of the editor it is probably 70% - 80% functional. From what I saw people were noting that trying to edit the story and mentor progress caused problems and I don't know about the hero coliseum. My tool can only enable and slightly simplify editing of switch files, nothing more.

The process is like this:
  1. Get switch save file
  2. Decrypt it
  3. Modify it slightly so the PC tools think it's a PC file (this is the "PC" version that my tool spits out)
  4. Re-encrypt it with the PC version of xv2savdec
  5. Edit with Lazybone's editor
  6. Save
  7. Decrypt edited save with xv2savdec
  8. Undo modifications in step 3
  9. Re-encrypt it for the switch with my tool
  10. Put save file back on switch and see if the edits worked. Some will not or will corrupt the switch save.
My tool takes care of steps 2, 3, 8, and 9 using the method described in this post.
I tried it again, but still the save files gets recognized as a brand new save everytime I try.

But if you(or anyone) could just be kind to share a save file with all clothes, super souls, skills and some good QQ Bangs I would appreciate it very much.
I will create my character from zero again, but this would skip most of the grind.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it again, but still the save files gets recognized as a brand new save everytime I try.

But if you(or anyone) could just be kind to share a save file with all clothes, super souls, skills and some good QQ Bangs I would appreciate it very much.
I will create my character from zero again, but this would skip most of the grind.
Are you using the editor by Lazybone? What have you done step by step? No one really knows how much clothing and items you can add to a switch file using the editor. I only added a handful to suit my needs and will gather the rest as I go through the story. It's very likely that trying to add everything will result in problems.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reviving the forum again. Whenever I try to re-encrypt savefile1.pc.sav.dec, it doesn't turn it into a _enc.dat file so i'm kinda stuck.
It's been a bit since I used the tool, but if I remember right, it will simply drop the .dec so your encrypted file will be named savefile1.pc.sav. It will overwrite any existing file.

hakaii1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lay out your full process for me and what you're trying to end up with.
1: Got my save file (1.17.02 update)
2: dragged savefile1.dat to xv2savdec_switch and got .pc.sav.dec and .switch.sav.dec
3: dragged savefile1.pc.sav.dec to xv2savdec_switch
4: nothing

I'm trying to get my save file usable for the pc save editor to read but i can't even get close

Last edited by hakaii1337,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...