• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Yet another woman accuses governor Cuomo of Sexual harassement.

Elvasat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/19/nyregion/alyssa-mcgrath-cuomo-harassment.html

Yet another woman who comes out acusing him after that Boylan woman. Democrats are surprisingly silent on the matter considering that Democrats were the one who insisted we should believe women no matter regardless, even if these accusations were already proven wrong.If im not mistaken, Democrats pushed courts to always assume a womans accusations of sexual assault to be true and arrest the accused man without an investigation. Democrats expect us to not believe his accusers and demand a due process when they never demanded any for all the other men, pushing for the "Guilty until proven innocent" appraoch.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you actually read the article you have linked to?

How the fuck are the Democrats not believing the accusers when they have called for his resignation?

From your very linked article

The scandal that has engulfed the governor, leading most of the state’s Democratic leaders to call for his resignation

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Where is the outrage? Cuomo is still being endorsed by the majority of his voters and fellow Democrats.
Dude I just linked you an article which shows the opposite. At least read the title of it. The majority of New York Dems want him out ASAP, and I'm sure it's no different for voters there.

Elvasat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Dude I just linked you an article which shows the opposite. At least read the title of it. The majority of New York Dems want him out ASAP, and I'm sure it's no different for voters there.

I hope this come biting him back in the ass. Now we need Biden gone for sexually herrasing Tara read.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I hope this come biting him back in the ass. Now we need Biden gone for sexually herrasing Tara read.
If the Tara Reade allegation was gonna take down Biden, it would've prevented him from becoming president in the first place. Not that it's right, but both parties lowered their standards in response to Trump's election in 2016. He had a list of accusers about as long as Cosby's, and the entire Republican party, along with some moderates, didn't seem to care.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When are we going to start automatically doubting accusations, like we should be doing? "Innocent until proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt", after all, yet just because it's a fucking WOMAN accusing a man we've been spitting on that ideal for almost a decade, if not longer.

Is it any wonder why MGTOW has been a thing for years, when this kinda shit happens?

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Elvasat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
If the Tara Reade allegation was gonna take down Biden, it would've prevented him from becoming president in the first place. Not that it's right, but both parties lowered their standards in response to Trump's election in 2016. He had a list of accusers about as long as Cosby's, and the entire Republican party, along with some moderates, didn't seem to care.
But don't know whehter they are true. Most assume it is but most of the accusers, who told their story are rather inconsistent with what they tell. They would often go into tangents and overexplain certain details, which are signs of lying. Trumps accusers dont sound credible cosnidering the timing, nor are Cuomos accusers to be honest.

It seems like women are going to exploit the MeToo movement to accuse cetain men of things they never commited,knowing all too well that the court will believe them anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When are we going to start automatically doubting accusations, like we should be doing? "Innocent until proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt", after all, yet just because it's a fucking WOMAN accusing a man we've been spitting on that ideal for almost a decade, if not longer.

Is it any wonder why MGTOW has been a thing for years, when this kinda shit happens?

I have seen this shit back in college where guys get kicked out because their disgruntled ex girlfriends accused them of something they never did. Didn't even had the chance to explain the situation.

As for MGTOW and the whole rd pill, the funny thing about it is that now that women are getting more power, they are whining about a shortage in young, educated, high earning males.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Trumps accusers dont sound credible cosnidering the timing, nor are Cuomos accusers to be honest.
Trump had accusers well before he ran for president, and plenty of accusers for both of them sound credible enough. One or two and there's still a shadow of a doubt, but when you hit double digits, that's when public opinion starts to really turn against you.

It seems like women are going to exploit the MeToo movement to accuse cetain men of things they never commited,knowing all too well that the court will believe them anyway.
The MeToo movement goes both ways, it's not like women are incapable of sexual harassment or assault, and it's not like men are incapable of reporting them for it.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have seen this shit back in college where guys get kicked out because their disgruntled ex girlfriends accused them of something they never did. Didn't even had the chance to explain the situation.

As for MGTOW and the whole rd pill, the funny thing about it is that now that women are getting more power, they are whining about a shortage in young, educated, high earning males.
That's why I tend to avoid women, whenever I can; I'll work with them for university assignments, sure, but only in a group with other men around. I absolutely do NOT want to be cornered by some cruel woman and be kicked out and have my reputation ruined for something I didn't do.

I just hate modern society as a whole, honestly; men are supposed to "have all the power" due to "the patriarchy" and shit, but where is that supposed "power" when it comes to false accusations, homeless and prison populations, suicide and workplace fatality victims, the extremely disproportionate 'balance' in university/college applicants and students, domestic violence shelters, resources for victims of sexual assault, reproductive rights, divorce settlements, genital mutilation (especially on infants), and so much more?
Women claim they're "being oppressed", when really they're the ones doing the oppressing.

1950s were loads better, except for "smoking = healthy" and asbestos and stuff; socially speaking, 1950s beats 2010s and 2020s hands-down, though I don't exactly have experience of it...

Trump had accusers well before he ran for president, and plenty of accusers for both of them sound credible enough. One or two and there's still a shadow of a doubt, but when you hit double digits, that's when public opinion starts to really turn against you.

The MeToo movement goes both ways, it's not like women are incapable of sexual harassment or assault, and it's not like men are incapable of reporting them for it.
But in terms of justice and fairness, the number of accusations shouldn't matter at all when determining if any of them are true. Each one should be investigated and considered separately, with anonymous accusations thrown out as the unprovable trash they are. Except that due to the decade-long atmosphere of misandry, numbers DO matter. That's bullshit.

And if a man does report they were sexually assaulted or harassed, how likely are they to be taken seriously? How likely is the chance of the harasser/assaulter being punished as severely as a true male perpetrator? Not very likely, and that's a major part of the problem.
Men who admit to being victimised are seen as "weak", or that "they must've done something to piss her off", or being incapable of accepting 'a little flirting' or 'terms of endearment' or some such.

It's undeniably weighted in the women's favour, and that's truly revolting. Society needs a goddamn reset, it does.

Oh, and if women did have actual, truthful accusations, why the hell would they post them online instead of taking them to the police? The very fact so many accusations end up online instead of being kept quiet until and unless the accused is found guilty beyond any reasonable doubt in actual courts with actual evidence found by actual investigations just goes to show how flimsy the vast majority of these "accusations" (petty attention-grabs and vindictive weapons wielded by hateful psychopaths) really are.

Women should be punished for trying to annihilate a man's life with false accusations, and held up as the disgusting monsters they are. Instead, since we now live in a bloody matriarchal society, they're praised and hardly ever punished - and in the rare case they are, it's comparatively very light, compared to how their male victims are left with a lifelong stigma and no job.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just want to vomit every time I hear of a woman accusing a man of a horrendous crime, and expect to be taken seriously and believed due to them having boobs and a vagina instead of a dick.

How long until these so-called "accusations" become so blatantly overused and utterly meaningless that they lose their power? Sure, rape's a truly horrific crime, but hearing it tossed around so often and with so little to back it up...how long until it loses its destructive might?
Nowhere near soon enough, sadly. If I had three wishes, one of them would definitely be to kill off feminism, female cruelty and misandry for good since they have no reason to exist; my second wish would be to make all the issues men face high-priority issues to fix.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's almost like this whole thing is a giant cover-up for Nipple Rings' crimes of putting the elderly in nursing homes and leaving them for dead.

You all are like black and red ants being put into a glass, and attacking each other when someone shakes the glass; they want you divided and unable to unite against the elites that control us all!

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But in terms of justice and fairness, the number of accusations shouldn't matter at all when determining if any of them are true.
It doesn't matter when it comes down to civil or criminal charges in a court of law. It only matters where public opinion is concerned.

Men who admit to being victimised are seen as "weak", or that "they must've done something to piss her off", or being incapable of accepting 'a little flirting' or 'terms of endearment' or some such.
Well that's a form of oppression brought upon ourselves by ourselves, aka toxic masculinity. Certainly an issue that needs to be addressed, but also an issue that's been around far longer than the MeToo movement.

It's undeniably weighted in the women's favour, and that's truly revolting. Society needs a goddamn reset, it does.
I think what you're missing here is that things have been weighted in men's favor since the beginning of recorded history. It wasn't until the last decade or so that women in America have started to become comfortable reporting their abusers. Prior to that they'd just bottle it up inside because there was nobody willing to take them seriously or follow up on accusations anyway.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter when it comes down to civil or criminal charges in a court of law. It only matters where public opinion is concerned.

Well that's a form of oppression brought upon ourselves by ourselves, aka toxic masculinity. Certainly an issue that needs to be addressed, but also an issue that's been around far longer than the MeToo movement.

I think what you're missing here is that things have been weighted in men's favor since the beginning of recorded history. It wasn't until the last decade or so that women in America have started to become comfortable reporting their abusers. Prior to that they'd just bottle it up inside because there was nobody willing to take them seriously or follow up on accusations anyway.

And let me guess, you think Anita Sarkeesian's criticisms of sexism in games and gaming as a whole have merit?

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He should have resigned after the nursing home fiasco. You also have to be a pretty huge prick to write a book about your leadership, while the pandemic you're leading through is still going on.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D