Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
My first cart was the M3 Perfect with Passcard. It was quite expensive at 90 euros, but I did enjoy it and I still use it for GBA games. After that, I learnt a lot more about the flashcart scene, and I have quite a lot of them nowadays. Still, my favorite remains the M3 Real, with AceKard 2 being a close second.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
g6 lite 3rd gen...man i thought it was the shit.

still do.
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had played around with similar things but my first cart for me purchased by me was a very expensive 256Mbit EZ2 just over 5 years ago: I was stateside at the time (having researched it for many months while I was back in Europe) and had it shipped from linker4u who then decided airmail was better than the expensive shipping I had paid for.

When it arrived I actually had no GBA so I wandered up the shop and got one (shiny new NES style SP).

This was also one of the "needs 8 hour charge" in cradle/linker so even though I now had it all I still had to wait until about 10pm that night to play it. Suffice it to say I saw the early hours of the morning and the only regret I ever had was not stumping up another 25 odd dollars for a larger one.

Oh yeah I was on dial up where I was at the time.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My first one was a XG Flash 1 (256 MB) for the GBA not the easiest cart to work with or let´s say the software/drivers was more or less crap
smile.gif

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the original r4 and i nearly smashed my head off of the wall because i couldnt get it to work (i was a noob so i didnt know about winrar...)

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, my first ever flashcart was the EZ Flash 128 MB. It was pretty cool. You could have as many roms as you could fit and homebrew too if I remember correctly.

For DS, it would be a DSTT, and still DSTT. I'm a little late to the scene. Does everything I need though.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first flash cart was the EZFA 256Mb, with the real time clock. I was impressed by the quality and ease of use and still use it today.
My first DS cart was the Cyclo, I opened the tin to find that the cart was seperated/warped at the top corner
unsure.gif
Glue fixed it.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
R4 original back then. Researched about it, then eventually got it with my DS. Due to this, no major reactions on the flashcard side, since I had not only started with them, but also had decent theoretical experience before making the practical one. Served me well until I decided it was time to upgrade to a CycloDS, which remains my favorite card to this day. Although I do think of getting an AK2, and found a store near my university that sells the DSi version of those. AKAIO sure sounds nice, and with 1.5 and its awesome new features on the horizon, this looks like it could make a fine addition to my collection.

By the way, the R4 got sold about when they made the redesign, which is also when I bought my CDSE. The only other card that impressed me was the M3, so I got the M3DS Real with GBA Expansion, which is about the only good thing on this part beside being among the few RTSers, which it was not yet when I got it (but my Cyclo was
tongue.gif
).

fermio100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My first flash cart was an XG Flash Lite 128Mb.

At the time I didn't notice the megabits stuff, so I was a bit frustrated because I couldn't fit more than 2 64Mb games but, hey, I could play mario golf.

The flash cart turned out to be a shit, the batery died and when I tryied to change it I damaged the sram, don't know how.

After thar I bought an XG Flash 2 advace that I have 'till today, it's working fine, the batery is changeable and holds more games.

For the DS I bought a DS-X. The first flash cart that didn't require a pass me device. I consider it's ok, and the only drawbacks are de size 512Mb and the lack of upgrades.

Now I have a DS One, it's a prety descent cart, but the upgrades are very scarse.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
My first flash cartridge was 2*M3DS Real (with 2 2GB microSD cards) which I got on the 24th of December 2008 from my massive rip-off friend for $140 each.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
that time i know only r4
but the shop sold me a DSTT
i asked for no r4? he then says we have DSTT only
so i took the DSTT with doubts
after that HEY it is cool
great supports and etc

today it is dead and requires unofficial supports

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
The reason I even delved into the DS scene was an impulse buy at CircuitCity, the Max Media Dock by Datel(w/a 512mb CF, lol)...its a slot-2 device that was designed for homebrew, but could play commercial roms with a little arm7 patching effort.
I didnt even try it out for about a month, but once i got it figured out, it was ON like...Donkey Kong heh.
I still have it and it works a charm, specially since it recently started getting unofficial 3rd party updates again=)

..and actually its being used as a backup right now as one of my kids acekards has gone missing=(

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
well, mine was a M3 DS Real and was because was looking for ink and other stuff in a yahoo kind page something like that and looking throughout the catalog I saw something strange, a DS game but with a MicroSD port so I was checking it out and that was the first time I saw one ever, I didn't ven know that you could hack the DS at that moment so I took the chance and I got it for around $60 bucks because of shipping and all that stuff, including the MicroSD card that I got on ebay really cheap at that time
smile.gif
and thats my recation.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe, I got an R4 DS for blowing my PSP fatass. I remember the PSP releases for the next like 8 months were shit, and I wanted a DS for free games so I sold it to some dumbass for like 95 bucks and it was a brick too. Couldn't do a thing with it. The guy shook with me, no refunds and shit. Didn't even bother to test. Just runs off and yeah. I remember the good ol' R4. I upgraded to a DSTT and then Acekard 2i a while after that.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First cart i got was EZFlash 2 256. No one i knew had anything like it, so i did alot of research on it and spent a bit of time on the US forums (much like FAST6191) too learning how to tweak it. Eventually learned how to play DS game with the GBA cart when the DS came out with the flashme mod.
Pretty great cart considering it could do both GBA and DS for a while. Untill games got too big and support was harder to come by for certain games.

Then i won the 'I

D

Deleted-167431

anaxs said:
my first one was a legit original r4
it was pretty col, like i liked the menu and how it looked and it had a specific icon for moonshell
i think out of all cards ithad the best skins
now i have a ak2i and m3i 0 but i like ak the best
Same. But i can't chose wich card i personal going to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head