Translation Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - Translation Project

omarrrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Oh, im sorry..hehe..i dont know that we're at the same age..

The cards problem here in our country was the price, it's so expensive even if the cards are semi-genuine :wink:

in here the cards are like 7$ a pack, and not even worth it, the packs are so old, like GX era old

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
omarrrio, if we were to translate, are we allowed to use Google Translate? I know a LITTLE Japanese, but not enough to translate a complete story. Also, I have other translators other than Google Translate, so if one doesn't make sense, I can use another translator.

omarrrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
omarrrio, if we were to translate, are we allowed to use Google Translate? I know a LITTLE Japanese, but not enough to translate a complete story. Also, I have other translators other than Google Translate, so if one doesn't make sense, I can use another translator.

it's not about the translator, it just wouldn't make sense at some parts, and as you can see, the Japanese TF games are limited to two lines per bubble instead of 3 in usa/eur

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so that's why there are so many strings then? Have you added functionality for 3-line text boxes? I would guess not, since this is a translation project, not a remodel. :/ Also, have you got around the LBA check yet? I took a look at the old project, and that was your biggest hurdle at the time. Can you at least send me the list of strings and let me take a crack at it? I have a little experience with translating games, and helped a little with the Project Pokemon translation project for Pokemon Black and White.

-SwAg-

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow haven't seen the old members of Team 5d's is a while.........ok so with a fixed LBA is it possible to make custom sprites without having to worry about size differences?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've been working on the list occasionally, and have 9-10 strings translated, which is okay, considering I've only put 1:20 into it total. That's 8 minutes each, which is saying something. I'm posting this to let you know that I am working on it, but I have a job, so it mainly gets done during my free time, which is all day on Mondays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

MutouKazuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Omarrrio, i took the liberty of download the strings of the history, i know -9000 of japanese, but i will use to study and learn japanese, i played the tagforce 4 and 5 (still finishing the side stories and collecting all cards, almost giving up on the challenges XD) and i already watched 2 to 3 times the anime series in japanese, so at least i have some notion about how things will unfold on the history. But i bet you guys are way more in like of yu gi oh than me! hahahah i wont promise anything because im lazy and only like to play, but who knows maybe i can actually tranlate this thing.

Please dont give up on the project, im a fat leech so i need very bad tag force 6 translated :D

Siliva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! Glad this project is still active. I'd like to take a shot at translating this. The only issue is being a busy college student blah blah blah, but if there's one thing I know how to translate, it's some YGO.

I'm in my second year of formal Japanese education, and more like 3rd or 4th of personal, on the side education. I used to be a scanlator for Yu-Gi-Oh manga. A lot of GX, a lot of 5D's, and a few Zexal chapters.

5D's reaches up there on one of my favorite things on the planet ever, and am pretty sad that this game never made it stateside. So, if you're willing to work with me, I'll give this thing a go! It WILL be slow though. Due to the sheer amount of strings and just how busy I am these days. But it seems like fun, and I feel it'd be a great service to the fans. O:

Either way, I started translating the strings because I was bored! Haha

Reactions: omarrrio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!