Translation Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - Translation Project

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey MarcusCarter, I am really proficient at translating Games Such as: 5D's-TF6 For stories and such, i would be willing to help, because nearly all Yu-Gi-Oh!* type games i've always loved from long ago and this game i would have say... is a must, at least for me, because i have played part 5 and it was amazing, and btw, i really appreciate u guys for still working and trying to complete translation for this game guys :D

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Hey MarcusCarter, I am really proficient at translating Games Such as: 5D's-TF6 For stories and such, i would be willing to help, because nearly all Yu-Gi-Oh!* type games i've always loved from long ago and this game i would have say... is a must, at least for me, because i have played part 5 and it was amazing, and btw, i really appreciate u guys for still working and trying to complete translation for this game guys :D

You might want to ask Omarrrio about that one. I have no problems with it myself.

Edit: Do you use Fubar? Searching for you brings up several links on that. Nothing about translating games, though...

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might want to ask Omarrrio about that one. I have no problems with it myself.

Edit: Do you use Fubar? Searching for you brings up several links on that. Nothing about translating games, though...

ok.. well i heard of fubar , umm.. but no i don't use fubar.. but i can if this is required for some reason>??, btw i have some good news, i've been studying japanese and i'm starting to understand quite abit about it, little bit by little bit ;D , how bout u>?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I just use Dictionaries coupled with the Chrome Extension Rikaikun to translate more complicated things, and a combination of Google Translate and Rikaikun for the easier stuff. I peronally know very little Japanese, and I don't know of a good free site online to learn it.
Oh, and Fubar isn't required. Why would it be? It's a social site for people with no life. lol.

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol marcus i see my friend indeed but maybe we will make way with this translation at hand, btw marcus are u helping with TF6
Translation project>? just wondering :D and how long does string's maybe take to translate?,
and far as: Rikaikun i know what that is and i have it as well my friend :D .. and if u want free learning
techniques/program i could help u with that :D

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm helping translate, and each string is unique. They all vary in time needed to translate, mainly due to the nature of translating from the Japanese language to English. With 39,385 strings, it could take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to translate all of them, depending on each one's individual level of difficulty. So your second question doesn't have a straight answer.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it might be easier than it sounds, considering all the lines that say stuff like '......', 'Kyahahahahah', and the like. Those are the simplest, and there are probably around 3000-4000 of those. lol.

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh, btw marcus i have now found/extracted where the story folder(s)-/-files are, and now all i need it edit them somehow,and btw what is the file clearpic ? the rest i know :D

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
The only one you need to edit is here for now: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E931AC3100A09B59!200&authkey=!ACZEiVEUQbKAIWU&ithint=file,.txt
Use Notepad++ (NOT Notepad! http://notepad-plus-plus.org), then go to Encoding tab-->Character Set-->Japanese-->Shift-JIS. Also, for text in the format of $RText1(Text2), Text1 is kanji, while Text2 is kana, and the kana is seen as on top of the kanji in subscript form in-game, and is used to clarify meanings of certain kanji words. Example:
7l1kL.png

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'm having trouble with the file(s) .ehp and .cip anyone else>? can't seem to find something that will work with these types very
pesky ones :/

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
The file you want is story_scr_j.ehp, and I linked you to a text file a few posts back that has 700 strings. There is no tool to extract from .ehp files, and the file you want inside the .ehp is a .bin file anyway, not a .txt, which is what I linked you to. The text is stored in 2-byte Big Endian, and as Japanese characters, and it has English characters mixed in, so no existing text editor will read it correctly as-is (jwpce, which reads both Japanese AND English characters dynamically, ALMOST works, but has errors in reading the $R() format, and screws everything up that comes after it). So please just do yourself a favor and start with what I gave you, and once you're done, we'll assign you something else. Not trying to be a douche, but you're getting waaaaaay ahead of yourself here. :/

Reactions: omarrrio

Mitsuryuugi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey, umm is it possible to just release the patch without the story translated? I know a little japanese, so i can understand the story a little bit and progress through it, but i really want the cards translated, because i don't like having to go to yu gi oh wikia constantly to check the card effects... ;A;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok
    send me a SSD kenny me luv
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess I'll just use the $100 towards a 4tb nvme
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess I'll just use the $100 towards a 4tb nvme