Amilord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Just got a switch and Zelda and I experienced some graphical issue ingame.
I have some vertical lines that come and go. It's not a screen related issue because It's only in zelda, like if the GPU memory or something couldn't keep up.
Console is brand new, firmware is 4.0.1 and game is 1.3.1
Is my switch faulty ? Do you guys already experienced something like that ?
Should I update to 5.0.2 to resolve this ? ( I didn't want to because of the upcoming homebrews...)

Thx

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have some vertical lines that come and go. It's not a screen related issue because It's only in zelda, like if the GPU memory or something couldn't keep up.
Should I update to 5.0.2 to resolve this ? ( I didn't want to because of the upcoming homebrews...)

Thx
Looks like a faulty unit, things like those were seen in some of the release date switches.
You should change it for a new one.
AFAIK you shouldn't care that much about your firmware version anyway, there will be hacks that work as long as you have a current hardware version of the switch, that means, every switch until the new hardware revision arrives.

PS: If it is like the release date units with that type of problem, they usually fail critically and abruptly, just change it for a new one, it should be on warranty anyway.

PS2: And by lines, I guess you mean glitched black or other color lines. If not, describe them better.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
D

Deleted User

Sounds like its about to die. Being it back to the shop for a replacement. You don't have anything to worry about, Mariko chipsets aren't out in the wild yet, hacks work for all current firmwares, and your Zelda save isn't too far into gameplay. Go get it swapped.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, it is dying badly.
It is a pity the reseller don't want to change it on its own. AFAIK, under European laws "If you bought a good or a service online or outside of a shop (by telephone, mail order, from a door-to-door salesperson), you also have the right to cancel and return your order within 14 days, for any reason and with no justification."

Whatever the case, get it changed immediately, it will die a horrible death in any moment.

PS: Of course, perhaps you didn't buy it online...

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sounds like a borked GPU, in this case the SoC. Return it to get it replaced. Also the reseller must ship it to Nintendo, not you. It's up to them how they solve it but they need to fix or replace your Switch.

Also it's probably faster to send it to Nintendo, they will of course upgrade it but I guess you have to use Fusee Gelee then.

Amilord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, it is dying badly.
It is a pity the reseller don't want to change it on its own. AFAIK, under European laws "If you bought a good or a service online or outside of a shop (by telephone, mail order, from a door-to-door salesperson), you also have the right to cancel and return your order within 14 days, for any reason and with no justification."

Whatever the case, get it changed immediately, it will die a horrible death in any moment.

PS: Of course, perhaps you didn't buy it online...

Yes I bought it online on April 21th.

Amilord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you, I phoned the reseller (CDiscount) and managed to get a replacement under 72h (but it's the weekend lol)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW what's weird is that it's the only game that had glitches. I tried Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey and there was no problem.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

Thx
Got a picture?
People were having weird graphical glitches early on, haven't heard any reports about that in a while but that was only occurring in certain locations in BotW while the camera was at certain angles, seemed to be a game bug. Is that what you're experiencing or is it all the time?

Amilord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Got a picture?
People were having weird graphical glitches early on, haven't heard any reports about that in a while but that was only occurring in certain locations in BotW while the camera was at certain angles, seemed to be a game bug. Is that what you're experiencing or is it all the time?

It happens outdoor, at the beginning of the game. there I put a link to screenshots :

Thanks.
Some pictures of the problem here
reseller told me to send it directly to Nintendo

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It happens outdoor, at the beginning of the game. there I put a link to screenshots :
Is it a cartridge or a digital copy?
If it's a cartridge try deleting the update and downloading it again.
If it's a digital copy delete everything and redownload.
I heard this helped solve issues for some people.

You'd need to update to redownload the update/game unless you know someone with an updated Switch, you could share the game update from their console to yours.
But you'll still get CFW at the same time as everyone else with a jig.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sadly, this means your Switch GPU is dying. I realized the same thing happened to my fat PS3 after a few years of use when something exactly like that happened:

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I phoned the reseller (CDiscount) and managed to get a replacement under 72h (but it's the weekend lol)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW what's weird is that it's the only game that had glitches. I tried Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey and there was no problem.
Zelda is more graphically stressing than those 2. If you really wanted to cross check, I'd say get Doom. However, it's definitely a sign of a faulty unit.

D

Deleted User

Thanks.
Some pictures of the problem here
reseller told me to send it directly to Nintendo
I would tell the reseller you don't want to deal with Nintendo's returning policy shit, you also don't want to be waiting 3 weeks for it, and to hand over a new one then and there.

Amilord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't test any further I sent the unit back already. I said to the reseller that I was In the 14 days period and that I didn't want to hear about Nintendo...

And yes, Amiga forever

Reactions: sarkwalvein

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sadly, this means your Switch GPU is dying. I realized the same thing happened to my fat PS3 after a few years of use when something exactly like that happened:

That's what it sounds like, but I don't think we should rule out it being a game glitch or corrupted data. It's happened to other people.
I can't test any further I sent the unit back already. I said to the reseller that I was In the 14 days period and that I didn't want to hear about Nintendo...

And yes, Amiga forever
That's good. Hopefully it won't turn out that it was a game glitch after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1