Gaming Zelda Majora's Mask coming to 3DS Spring 2015

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a very hard time believing the 3DS version is going to run the N64 code written for the original game. I think calling it a remake is fair, but it's really a remaster. Same core experience, but updated for a newer generation console with enhanced graphics (and 3D support) and possibly remastered soundtrack as well.
Yeah, remastered is a good word for what OoT3D is and MM3D will be. didnt think of it, but yeah, thats exactly what it is :)

as for the code:
obviously, I can only speculate, but I expect that everything except the graphics engine got ported directly from the original n64 code, including physics and game mechanics with only minor modifications to it. How did I arrive at that conclusion? Well, the bugs that are present in OoT3D behave (nearly) identical to their N64 counter part. Even those bugs that got fixed in their previous incarnation (e.g. Swordless Link, Infinite Sword Glitch), are still possible with slightly different exploits and result in a identical behavior.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Plus, why would Nintendo cannibalize their own console by releasing similar all-new games on the handheld as to what can be done on console? The Wii U is struggling as it is.

Well, that would be particularly because most of the Wii U's first party titles, if anything would be more suited to handhelds in the first place.

Nintendo just hasn't been producing all that much console-quality content for their consoles lately. A few gems every now and then, but that's only one or two a year. The rest of the bunch are rather typical, simple and casual.

I think the Wii U has/is getting enough 2D Platformers to last the console's whole lifetime at this point. xD

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already pre-orded it :P The special Edition that is.
Never really played the game, yesterday I fooled around a bit around clocktown. I will wait for the 3DS release so that shooting and such will be easier :)
In the meantime I will have to finish SSB3DS and maybe start LoZ: ALBW

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to add some information to the first post.

They announced yesterday,the game has been in dev-ing since july of 2011. Ad will have new features. New features will be revealed on miiverse closer to the spring release date.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You might want to add some information to the first post.

They announced yesterday,the game has been in dev-ing since july of 2011. Ad will have new features. New features will be revealed on miiverse closer to the spring release date.
That's great news! Do you have a link?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand why an already complete game would take 4 years to develop, they are just going to reuse the assets from oot

Reactions: cearp

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont understand why an already complete game would take 4 years to develop, they are just going to reuse the assets from oot
Majora's Mask Master Quest pls
Yeah, remastered is a good word for what OoT3D is and MM3D will be. didnt think of it, but yeah, thats exactly what it is :)

as for the code:
obviously, I can only speculate, but I expect that everything except the graphics engine got ported directly from the original n64 code, including physics and game mechanics with only minor modifications to it. How did I arrive at that conclusion? Well, the bugs that are present in OoT3D behave (nearly) identical to their N64 counter part. Even those bugs that got fixed in their previous incarnation (e.g. Swordless Link, Infinite Sword Glitch), are still possible with slightly different exploits and result in a identical behavior.
http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/27/ocarina-of-times-bugs-deliberately-carried-over-to-3ds-version/

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Majora's Mask Master Quest pls
As the mask in the video turned silver I exactly thought that - but it was only a bagde.

For the changes: They need something to let people control time better, make the game less frustrating - more "casual" maybe?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great news! Do you have a link?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmIuDSagA

Edit: Does anyone else remember Mr. Aonuma saying he regrets how the day 3 day clock cycle works last year?

Changes I would make:

No longer loosing of rubies, dungeon and quest related items going back through time.

Freeze the clock while in dungeons and/or outside of the main town hub.

Saving anywhere w/o going back in time.

Song of time, changed to give you an option of how far in time you want to travel. The options would be 3, 6 9 and 12 hours with an choice of forward or backwards. As well as a choice to return to the first day instantly.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
"So although we’ve been working on the game for quite some time, we didn't want to say it was being developed until we were at a point where we could proudly say that this is not going to be just another remake and that it's going to be worth your time."

what does it mean?! it will have MORE than a remake? or, do they simply mean this remake is done well? very excited... :)

-also, will the game support the n3ds's 'c stick'? that would be nice for zelda, i think.
although i was happy with oot3d's controls

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We’ve spent a lot of time making sure the gameplay experience is smoother than in the original version without taking away from this unique world. I hope those that haven’t played the original game, and those of you that played it but gave up mid-way through will take this opportunity to give the new version a try. Oh, and I should mention that we haven’t removed the distinct look and feel that are unique to this game, so it should live up to this game's Japanese catchphrase, “this Zelda has a scary vibe.” Brace yourselves for what this world has to offer! (laughs) When it's closer to its release date, I’ll talk more about what has been changed in the Nintendo 3DS version and its new features right here in this comunity, so stay tuned!

GREAT! Exactly what I wanted! =)

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"So although we’ve been working on the game for quite some time, we didn't want to say it was being developed until we were at a point where we could proudly say that this is not going to be just another remake and that it's going to be worth your time."

what does it mean?! it will have MORE than a remake? or, do they simply mean this remake is done well? very excited... :)

-also, will the game support the n3ds's 'c stick'? that would be nice for zelda, i think.
although i was happy with oot3d's controls
They mean additional gimmicky stuff will be added that no one will give a shit about. But still new things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: