Zune 80 vs iPod Touch (16 GB)

TrippyJing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment, I'm using a Cowon D2, which is very small, has incredible battery life, and plays avis which is a definite plus. And also, it takes SD cards. Regular, plain ol' SD cards. Not micro, and not mini. Regular-sized ones. SDHC being included, of course. Sooner or later though, I plan on getting and trying out the Archos and Cowon multimedia players, which are in my opinion the best PMPs on the market. Multiple codec support is always better than always having to transcode to one specific format to get something to work.

I mean, I've gotten used to the that, what with my PSP, my old PLAY-YAN micro, and my helping out my little brother with transcoding videos for his iPod. But really, I would like to be free of those chains eventually.

The iPod Touch sure is snazzy though.

Citric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends on your priorities. Zune's got space, the iPod has lots of crazy features coming.

Personally, I don't like the idea of a touchscreen on a PMP, since if you're listening to music on the go you probably should look at it as little as possibly. But, that said, I haven't used an iPod Touch, so maybe it's not a huge issue. Still, I'd personally take the Zune out of those options, but I'll probably actually get an iRivier Clix2 if I ever replace my current ancient Creative Zen Micro.

But that's me.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
Archos looks awesome! I may consider getting one! thanks for posting that.

PS: touch screen?

Yup. A bit of a history lesson, Archos made the first real PMP, and the first with a touchscreen and wifi.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Archos looks like a gift from heaven ... if it only weren't ugly as hell. Plus, I'm looking for something to fit in my pocket.
frown.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The iPod touch does look really sexy. The storage lets it down though big time. The question is, do you want to store a lot of movies and mp3s on your mp3 player? If you do, get an 80gb zune. If not get the Ipod Touch. For what it is though, I think the Ipod Touch is way overpriced. I got a 30gb 1st generation zune for £50, it was a refurb but looks brand new. I got a friend to send it me from America. Great player, for movies and your mp3s. What lets it down big time is the software. Its slowly getting better, but believe it or not, its worse than iTunes. Its even based on iTunes. Why they thing iTunes is the best software ever, I will never know. At least you can use alternative software other than iTunes though with the iPod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjFtJPehxRU