100% Disk Usage on Windows 10, What Is Going On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the (not so) simple solution (that I apparently recommend to everyone) is Use windows 7, your choice of Linux, or get a SSD. I used windows 10 for about a week, said "screw this shizz-nit" and changed to Ubuntu 15. then applied a shell to make the UI that of OSX Yosemite. bliss. normally I would troll and say "Delete System 32 folder" but you're too smart for that one. all jokes aside, try Cleaning the internet cache with Ccleaner, open task manager, (either Ctrl-Alt-Delete or right click the clock) go to Startup and Disable anything fishy or you don't need running the moment you start your Computer up. it helps quite a bit, sometimes.

VinsCool

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
well, the (not so) simple solution (that I apparently recommend to everyone) is Use windows 7, your choice of Linux, or get a SSD. I used windows 10 for about a week, said "screw this shizz-nit" and changed to Ubuntu 15. then applied a shell to make the UI that of OSX Yosemite. bliss. normally I would troll and say "Delete System 32 folder" but you're too smart for that one. all jokes aside, try Cleaning the internet cache with Ccleaner, open task manager, (either Ctrl-Alt-Delete or right click the clock) go to Startup and Disable anything fishy or you don't need running the moment you start your Computer up. it helps quite a bit, sometimes.
That's the thing. Nothing is fishy, there are no virueses, and everything worked fine until now.
So either Windows corrupted, or my HDD is already failing.

I guess I have no other choice than reseting the machine. sigh.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing. Nothing is fishy, there are no virueses, and everything worked fine until now.
So either Windows corrupted, or my HDD is already failing.

I guess I have no other choice than reseting the machine. sigh.
They're watching. Kill It.

AtomSmasherMazionga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm. how much RAM does your machine have? in my experience, 4GB is too little for WIN10. also, how many RPM is your HDD? 5400? 7200? try rebooting your Machine, and wait about 5-10 minutes and see if anything changes.

VinsCool

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
hm. how much RAM does your machine have? in my experience, 4GB is too little for WIN10. also, how many RPM is your HDD? 5400? 7200? try rebooting your Machine, and wait about 5-10 minutes and see if anything changes.
Just rebooted, again, nothing changed. Terribly slow time until the desktop loads.

I have a fucking intel core i7 and 16GB of RAM, lol.

as for RPMs, it's 7200

Also, this fucking "System" precessus is taking all of my disk read. This is seriously annoying.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just rebooted, again, nothing changed. Terribly slow time until the desktop loads.

I have a fucking intel core i7 and 16GB of RAM, lol.

as for RPMs, it's 7200

Also, this fucking "System" precessus is taking all of my disk read. This is seriously annoying.
END THE PROCESS SYSTEM LOL.
Who needs it? It's a freakin' hog.

AtomSmasherMazionga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm. don't know what to tell you. do you have "enable fast startup" enabled in control panel? that was a source of much pain for me.

VinsCool

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
hm. don't know what to tell you. do you have "enable fast startup" enabled in control panel? that was a source of much pain for me.
Where is it exactly? I can give it a try

VinsCool

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
seriously just reset the system you keep all of your files stop wasting time procrastinating.
Dude. I want to find a solution before doing that, is that bad if I want to not start over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1