Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How the hell you can kill a switch?
tongue.gif

... Unless the final enemy of the game were named Switch, now that would be cheesy XD
Well there WAS a movie called Kill Bill and it wasn't that cheesy so why would Kill Switch be any different?

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Downloaded, Played, Reviewed:

Gameplay: Kill-Switch comes along the lines as 3D game and many start like 'OMFG!' so I took a closer look. The gameplay is rather simple. You are some kind of Secret Agent I guess (it's not stated clearly) and you have a couple of weapons and moves at your disposal to do your missions. The Maps are rather straight forward but that's no downside. In general the game plays astonishingly fluid and works well for beeing a 3D one.

Graphics: Graphics are not that blistering as it is comon for GBA 3D games. but you can see what your targets are and you have not much trouble to find your way in the 3D world.

Sound: Not that interesting but fortunatly it does not destract from the game. You can safely shut of the sound and you won't miss much.

Controls: Very well done for a 3D game. Basically the d-pad make your move forward/backward or strafe left/right. to turn around you use left-shoulder and right-shoulder. If you want to aim and shoot (you can without this) press both shoulder buttons and the d-pad works like a mouse in PC ego shooters. This setup seems a bit complicate at the beginning but has from the games i tried so far the best setup. once you understood the principle you get quickly into the play and you can even hit targets rather easy (a small auto-aim is there too). Good are also the moves. Duck is a switch key and this comes in very handy. Pressing duck while moving makes you dodge and also goes fluid into the controls. The additional moves like 'wall-hug', 'shoot-around-wall' and 'shoot-above-cover' are a nice addition but you should only use them if you have spare ammo as your precision sux major balls in those situations. In general a big plus for the controls.

Story: Not very interesting. Some secret agent going around doing missions killing a couple of bad guys, with the usual tricks like collecting bombs, blowing tanks and playing against the clock. At last not too boring.

VBA: No problems with VBA during gameplay. The game will not give you much time to use the speed-up button so it's not a need in this game.

Overall: This game is astonishingly good for a 3D game and I would recommand trying this one out, even if you don't like that kind of games. Usually an ego shooter plays bad on a console but this game the developers found a very good way to do the controls so it works fluid.

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
L

Light

i never liked the last 3d astrix and oblik.. not fun.. i prefer those 2d astrix and oblisk games..
tongue.gif

and doom wasn't fun... it pissed me off the second i touched the game..
anyway i dunno about golden sun but if it was 3d then it's like the only decent only i tried...i mean after all it's a RPG not a FPS..

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tongue.gif

... Unless the final enemy of the game were named Switch, now that would be cheesy XD
Well there WAS a movie called Kill Bill and it wasn't that cheesy so why would Kill Switch be any different?
because bill is actualy a name.....switch is....you know what a switch is XD
He could be an evil malicious thug with a SWITCHblade. eh eh!

ramzabeoulve

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-difference.com
XP
Country
France
tongue.gif

It's not Kill Switch, it's kill.switch (with a dot between "kill" and "switch")
Why? Because that's what you're doing most of the time in the game, killing ppl around and switching weapons/positions.

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
About the name, i would say it is a reference to computer. Kill.switch, a pointer that goes on the library of the hero (his brain) to activate the killing mode, it is the case as the hero as a device in the head that orders him to kill. Later in the pc version he will be freed. Play the game to understand the name.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
well... i know what the "Kill Switch" has been back in Deus-Ex. I donno if it has been used like the before (most probably yes) but there the KS has been a small device inside the agents brain that could be activated to kill him if he should turn against the UNATCO. Takes 24h to work and unfortunatly could be switched off my Tracer Tong...
laugh.gif
(UNATCO's are so n00bs
wink.gif
)

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
ah dragonlord, the switch in KS is a little bit different. Once activated, a guy can take control of the hero so he orders him to kill. I don't think that the user can kill the hero. Btw, i tried the game and it is really an excellent game. The gba version is as fun as the pc one.

Ok, the sound is quite horrible (why didn't the programmers do a remake of the original soundtrack ?) and the guy is a bit slow (personal though) but the game stays as fun as the pc version. After all it is just a gba and it is a good 3d game compared to most crap i have seen on this console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D