2DS Suggested Price Drops to $79.99

uIXYwVA.jpg

For all of you late adopters to the 3DS family - hold on just a little bit longer! Come May 20th, 2016 the suggested retail price of Nintendo's increasingly affordable 2DS system drops $20 - from $99.99 to just $79.99.

In addition, some systems will even come installed with Mario Kart 7, arguably one of the console's biggest "must have" game.

That $20 savings can then be reinvested in, you guessed it, more games! 'Nintendo Selects' Reprints of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Party: Island Tour, and more can be bought for $19.99.

As many will point out, the 2DS does not allow you to play games in 3D, but aside from a few NEW 3DS exclusives, it plays all of the same games that the regular 3DS can. For those with children, those who don't care about 3D, and just overall cost efficient consumers; May 20th is the best time to jump on board the handheld hype train!

:arrow: Source: BusinessWire

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the pokemon red,blue,green,yellow edition's buttons are modeled after the N3DS was this only a cosmetic change? or were the internals changed as well?

Where'd you hear that? All it was a 2DS but red, blue, green and yellow. Nothing changed about the internals. It was only color change.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
why the hell do brazilians have to ALWAYS tell that electronics are expensive in there (due to taxes)...
everytime people discuss the price of something there is always a brazilian shoving other's people's face about how expensive it is on their country...

Because that guy said how much it costed in Norway, you fucking douchebag.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Because that guy said how much it costed in Norway, you fucking douchebag.
i am not trying to be a douche.
i was just stating that brazilians always do this, not only on gbatemp but everywhere..
and a few posts after it, there was a indian which told that in there is much worse..
when someone talks about a price of something, there is always a brazilian talking how expensive electronics is in brasil... i actually never seen for example an indian or any other country making sure everyone else knows how expensive stuff is in there..
it's something unusual otherwise i wouldn't notice it...

i remember some "what flashcart to buy" and other threads where there was always brazilian dudes saying stuff like "electronics are expensive here"

Reactions: Pacheko17

Luanking

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I hope next year Nintendo will release a new handheld with better build-design & higher resolution screens.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Funny because even Apple is bringing the stylus back and so what? I like the stylus.
It is a good thing all the 3ds' don't look like that picture.
Never had a problem with the touchscreen.

They specifically made the 2ds for kids and to be cheaper, so no. 3ds is designed for general use.

You do realize 3ds has more hardware than both the Vita and especially phones, right? How do you know how much it "should" weight? You keep saying, "why did they do this?" when they were clearly trying to stuff in as much as they could in the same package (hardware).

I see how it is. I see that we aren't going to agree. You remind me of the guys that think glass over the whole phone is a good idea.

No they don't have more hardware, their specs are cheap and it could be much thinner.
Just look at the 3DS motherboard, there is so much empty space, it isn't like that on smartphones and Vita.
The iPhone 6 is as thin as 3DS top screen. It could be much lighter, thinner, powerful and ergonomic.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a price point, I am glad the 2DS exists, but for the love of god, it looks hideous. Not only that, but it makes messes with the naming scheme more that whats necessary. Not that adding "new" helped anyone.

Reactions: tbb043

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they don't have more hardware, their specs are cheap and it could be much thinner.

Just look at the 3DS motherboard, there is so much empty space, it isn't like that on smartphones and Vita.

The iPhone 6 is as thin as 3DS top screen. It could be much lighter, thinner, powerful and ergonomic.

I really like to see this 3ds of yours that doesn't sacrifice durability and comfort, and still have room for a stylus, controls including the back buttons, 2 screens, battery, game slot, micro sd card, front facing speakers etc.

Seems you are looking at the motherboard, but not the whole picture.

Amazing would be a new 3DS with some parts made of aluminum,720p Display & more graphic power :)
Only $200 more than the New 3ds, no sd card, 16gb on board and no removable battery.

holofonoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If they come with 10.7 firmware or less, I'd get one.
It's cheap as hell, and I can use it to test A9LH and hardmod rescue.
Also, a 2DS with CFW is a very nice gift.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe