Hacking 3.55 TN-V11 Install Guide (No PS3 or Previous Hack Necessary) PS-TV or VITA

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did your steps to put digimon world 2003 on the vita but when I went to try it I got nothing but a black screen then when I tried to delete it on the tn-v11 I got the blue screen now every time I try to reinstall it I get the blue screen after I start the exploit...

(You got the Black Screen originally because the Game was not Compatible as a backup, even if its PSN Game dump) You cannot use TNV to delete a PS1 Game, it will just rename the folder "del_000000000" on your memory card's VHBL folder. The only way to delete the PS1 Game is to do it through ARK using PSP Filer.

In your case, you appear to be trying to reinstall TNV and it give you the blue screen error when you follow the steps to install it? I'm not sure what happened. In which case, Reformat your PSP and Memory Card, and reinstall TNV, then install a PSP Game and test if works. Then you should just stop there, your PSP Vita games should be find if you want to back those up so you don't have to redownload them and your store bought PS1 games and stuff, all should be fine. Since I'm otherwise at a loss about the problem your having.

(emulation is poor playback, and ps1 backups are poor playback, the only reason to install ARK is for the game2vhbl plugin you need to install to play "Divi-Dead", otherwise's there's no point, since you can manage your content and psp game backups from pc or psp vita that you installed, I included a warning on the first post, I didn't have your problem, which you can fix very easy by reformatting, others should just be careful)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh. this is confusing.

i have a 3.36 firmware. it's supposed t be possible to use exploit game,s on it.

however all the instructions say to download it with your ps3.

this NO LONGER WORKS!!!

I bought a 3.36 exploit game using my ps3. i press download, but the game does NOT add to the download list. i can't download the game at all without using a psp or vita. and downloading with the vita csnt' be done except on 3.55 OFW. if i download with a psp and copy to pc, i can't copy it to the pstv because the pstv isn't activated!

Bearign this in mid, seems an update to 3.55 is the only way to move forward.

I bought this so i could

a) play psp games on the big screen.
b) play ps1 games on the big screen.
c) do this without rebuying them.

As i understand it you have to keep swapping back and forth between tn and ark??!?!

I just want to install ONE firmware, and play psp iso/cso backups, and play psx game iso backups. i thought this was possible.

Can't you just use one firmware?!?! what should i do to have the ability to install what I want?

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
TNV and ARK can't write to the game folder 3.55 Firmware made that change, so you need VHBL Folder. TNV was not corrected to write to the VHBL folder, TehCupcakes says that ARK was fixed to write to the VHBL folder instead ... I haven't tested that, but I assume that is true. Either way, you need the game2vhbl.prx installed, take the longer method and follow the guide on the first post, to install your game from PSP Filer using ARK. You also need ARK to use PSP FILER to create the "seplugins" folder in the root of your memory card for the game2vhbl.prx plugin. Gona come back in about a hour and try to add another bubble for ARK using the method he described if he doesn't reply by then, then I'll update the first post, if it works.

i have both TN-V and onemenu v2 on my vita (3.55) and i also have installed 2 psx games to VHBL (eboots) and have the game2vhbl.prx enabled i even tried adding popsloader but when i click on one it says "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupt." and as far as clicking on them on onemenu v2 it just goes to a black screen then reloads onemenu.

any ideas..

UPDATE:
ok that needs fixing lol it says "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupt." when i just click on a ps1 game but if i press triangle then square to group content and goto PlayStation® and launch one of them from there it works :D strange but i will take it hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Last edited by RazorX2014,

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accidentally deleted the TEMP folder, gave me a few corrupted files, when I ran ARK, I accidentally pressed the "select" button which deletes stuff, better be more careful next time, then TNV Crashed after I tried to add a fews things in order to fix the things I likely deleted, which were a few other files. TNV AND ARK CAN BE INSTALLED, UPDATED THE GUIDE IN THE FIRST POST. Gona reformat my psp and grab my files back before SONY updates the Firmware. Then Reinstall both ARK and TNV, and the "game2vhbl" plugin and make sure everything is ok with both hacks installed. Everything should work fine, if not I'll just update the Guide in the First Post.

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would recommend TN-V and onemenu v2

http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/8270

"One Menu v2" writes to the "Game Folder", writing to the "Game Folder" in 3.55 firmware is disabled, not to mention the read me only goes up to 3.50, big problem there. At least the ARK and TNV we reference in the First Post, is designed for firmware 3.55. I'm pretty satisfied with TNV, so I won't go though trouble of have to reformat my vita and memory card, if it does some real damage trying to install, which I've already had to do once, for accidentally deleting the "temp" folder.

adee

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys tell me if i Screwed up....

So I did the method above perfectly and Tnv worked fine but as i closed the app and reran it, its stuck in this 360 movement bubble. Me being a low class hacker turned off the vita and now its stuck in a black screen with the little loading circle spinning endlessly (hate it) also the vita menu sound is playing in the background should i just wait till the battery dies? is my vita bricked?

yeshuachrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys tell me if i Screwed up....

So I did the method above perfectly and Tnv worked fine but as i closed the app and reran it, its stuck in this 360 movement bubble. Me being a low class hacker turned off the vita and now its stuck in a black screen with the little loading circle spinning endlessly (hate it) also the vita menu sound is playing in the background should i just wait till the battery dies? is my vita bricked?

In the future, when you get finished doing something, with ARK or TNV, open and close "Content Manager" it seems to clear the caches best, you don't have to do this all the time, depending on what your doing but keep this in mind. Turn the PSP OFF, remove the battery or power cord, and wait a few minutes, then press power, if it does not power up, press power again, and then wait for it to start it should take a few moments.

I just restored my psp vita to factory defaults, and reformatted my memory card I then did everything in the first post, to install both ARK and TNV, then i used ARK and "TNV_00000" save folder to transfer the game2vhbl plugin files to the "seplugin" folder I had to create in the root of the memory card, then i added the game "Divi-Dead" to the "VHBL" folder, after that I opened "Content Manager" and restored the "TNV_00000" save to restore the 1byte SAVEDATA.BIN file, which I used to transfer some stuff which was a renamed .ZIP file under 2 gigs in size.

Would Not Recommend Installing anything more than a bubble for TNV or ARK, would not recommend installing "One Menu V2", because I don't want to brick anyone's PSP Vita.
I've tested every thing in the First Post, at least a few times by now, in addition to that I purchased FF9 from the PSN Store, but I have to remember to purchase FF7 from the PSN Store to complete the set I have already on my PSP Vita :D, I hope Sony waits a few more days to allow people to download this game and do the hack for 3.55.

Jhon Belfort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got one question, can i install both like ark first then tn-v11 the last? and ark can exploit using mimana, if this method i did will it work?..

First i installed ark using mimana iyar.
Second to install tn-v11 can i use mimana iyar too?,. to have a both ark and tn-v11, i know that we can't have the same bubble at the same time but atleast we have both function thank you in advance.

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
I got one question, can i install both like ark first then tn-v11 the last? and ark can exploit using mimana, if this method i did will it work?..

First i installed ark using mimana iyar.
Second to install tn-v11 can i use mimana iyar too?,. to have a both ark and tn-v11, i know that we can't have the same bubble at the same time but atleast we have both function thank you in advance.

do what i did and use Mimana Iyar Chronicle for ARK so you have something like filer then install Petz Saddle Club Demo and copy the TN-V PBOOT.PBP into the Petz Saddle Club Demo folder and copy the TNV_00000 folder over then restart your vita then you will have both ark and tn-v.

i think Petz Saddle Club Demo is the last psp demo you can download now so best do it now before its removed i couldnt find another psp demo on there.

Reactions: Jhon Belfort

Jhon Belfort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do what i did and use Mimana Iyar Chronicle for ARK so you have something like filer then install Petz Saddle Club Demo and copy the TN-V PBOOT.PBP into the Petz Saddle Club Demo folder and copy the TNV_00000 folder over then restart your vita then you will have both ark and tn-v.

i think Petz Saddle Club Demo is the last psp demo you can download now so best do it now before its removed i couldnt find another psp demo on there.

Thank you will try right now and give feedback, thanks for the response

Jhon Belfort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I copy the game to my pc and did found the petz demo folder , is tn-v pboot.pbp is the 660.pbp ? could you guide me on this razor?

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
I copy the game to my pc and did found the petz demo folder , is tn-v pboot.pbp is the 660.pbp ? could you guide me on this razor?

let me write a little guide for you:

ARK Bubble:
1. Download And Install Mimana Iyar Chronicle
2. Download FW355_Mimana_US_ARK_installer.zip And Extract It
3. Copy ARK_01234 And ULUS10492DATA 0 To PSAVEDATA\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4. Reload Qcma's Database And Copy Both Save Folders To The Vita
5. Launch Mimana Iyar Chronicle And Load The Game Save Then Press Triangle To Bring Up Menu And Go To Settings Then Party And Wait 3 Seconds Then Go Back To Positions, If Not Done In That Order Then The Exploit Will Not Work.

You Should See 1 of 3 Colors:
Red (failed to open pboot)
Yellow (failed to install pboot),
Green (successful).

If It Flashes Green Then Backup The Mimana Iyar Chronicle Game To Your PC Via Qcma Then Restore It Back To Your Vita.
You Should Now See ARK Where Mimana Iyar Chronicle Was Previously.

TN-V Bubble:
1. Download And Install Pet Saddle Club Demo And Run It Once
2. Download And Extract FW352_TN-V11_bubble.zip
2a. Download 6.60 Eboot And Extract It To TNV_00000 And Rename It To 660.PBP
3. Copy TNV_00000 To PSAVEDATA\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4. Reload Qcma's Database And Copy The TNV_00000 Folder To The Vita
5. Add And Run VitaFTP On ARK
6. Connect To Vita Through Your Computer Or Something Like FlashFXP
7. Navigate To PSAVEDATA\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\TNV_00000 On Your PC
8. Navigate To PSP\GAME\NPUH90024 On Your Vita
9. Transfer The TNV_00000\PBOOT.PBP To PSP\GAME\NPUH90024 On Your Vita
10. Backup Pet Saddle Club Demo To PC Using Qcma
11. Restart Vita You Should Now Have TN-V And ARK Bubbles On Your Vita

Now Follow The TN-V Guide As To Set It Up Also Be Sure To Add game2vhbl
Enjoy..

After I Had ARK Setup I Changed It Too onemenuv2R1Test But Thats Up To You To Decide, It Has A Built-in Explorer So You Dont Need PSP Filer, To Install It Just Extract It And Copy The Content Into PSAVEDATA\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\ARK_01234 Then Reload Qcma And Copy The ARK Folder Back To Your Vita Then Restart It And It Should Be Good To Go And To Launch The Explorer You Press Select.

If You Have Anymore Questions Let Me Know..

Reactions: Jhon Belfort

Xcyper33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to jailbreak my OFW 3.55 Vita. I'm wondering if I could either

A. Install Saddle Club Demo via PC onto my Vita and then Jailbreak it to get ARK following your process you listed. OR

B. Purchase and install Mimana via PC onto my Vita and then Jailbreak it to get TV-N following your process you listed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Uremums a dairy queen +1