Homebrew [32c3] Console Hacking (3DS) talk Dec 27: smea, derrek, plutoo

What will the outcome of this talk be?

• A cool, interesting technical discussion about 3ds security.

Votes: 93 33.2%
  • A cool, interesting technical discussion about 3ds security and a new entry point released!

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • A cool, interesting technical discussion about 3ds security and a new kernel exploit released!!

Votes: 55 19.6%
  • It'll never happan. Nintendo's Ninjas will assasinate all 3 speakers before the conference starts.

Votes: 83 29.6%
  • EVERYTHING !!

Votes: 27 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Wowey I see I've already got some haters, jeez didn't take long. I'm sorry I wasn't born and raised with a 3DS in my hands, all while giving birth to a kernel exploit. I can see your ability to read is quite good. I'm sorry I don't have my entire life bio on this site, all while keeping my sig intact with everything I've ever accomplished. I'm not trying to gain credibility, and I don't care too.

smealum didn't come into the 3ds scene knowing what he was doing, but he learnt, and so will I. I'll just leave this site to never come back.

Don't take it so personally. This scene has seen A LOT of empty promises and nobodies. If you're the real no1dead, I've got faith in you. Don't mind my skepticism, I just came back into the scene with the recent announcements. So, I'm completely out of the loop.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter how many empty promises we've had, shooting down someone because of the fact that they don't have "proof" (even though they have experience) you don't act like an asshole. You don't have a reason to. Ignore them and if something comes out of their work, good for them. You didn't yell at them so it can only help the scene.

Reactions: LuigiSmash220

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No matter how many empty promises we've had, shooting down someone because of the fact that they don't have "proof" (even though they have experience) you don't act like an asshole. You don't have a reason to. Ignore them and if something comes out of their work, good for them. You didn't yell at them so it can only help the scene.

The skepticism in this forum is, unfortunately, warranted. Very few people here actually know who this particular dev is..

I get what you're saying though. The best action is just walk away.. but.. this IS an internet forum.

Reactions: Psi-hate

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The skepticism in this forum is, unfortunately, warranted. Very few people here actually know who this particular dev is..

I get what you're saying though. The best action is just walk away.. but.. this IS an internet forum.
Skepticism IS warranted sure... Yelling at people and telling them to quit? Definitely not warranted

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not hardly, I only called someone out. If they REALLY had something, they wouldn't have responded the way they did.
There's being polite and there's being a dick, you can "call someone out" without being a dick, but you went and were a dick anyways... Seriously look at the github it's filled with some stuff that I couldn't do if I tried

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That first dude who was working on memchunkhax2 literally had NOTHING on his git and people thought he was a savior. Don't be hypocritical.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The dev was shot down, imo, for being arrogant and also being dismissive toward steveice10.
To recap:

"I'm gonna fork steves shit, and I'll make this memchunkhax tomorrow.
Doesnt seem that hard I would assume that smea and the other guys have already made something along the lines in case we don't figure it out already."

And there's nothing in the individual's github history that warrants any such arrogance.

Reactions: verifyvenuz

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was just trying to use some people's logic against them. The Dev was arrogant but then again, some users on here are using an "empty githup" as an excuse to hate, yet that wasn't the excuse for other devs, so they praised them instead which was contradicting the initial problem :P

Last edited by Psi-hate,
Reactions: Kioku

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Will you guys just settle down and let the devs code whatever they're coding?
The proof is in the pudding and it's been a DAY. let them friggin' code, whatever the outcome.

Reactions: V3NUS_M1NER

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think there's really no reason to believe in a person who's claiming to 'use' such skill unless they have proof, or if you know them personally. It ain't bad, but believing in anything is nothing but fooling yourself and leads to people taking advantage of you. Just like what happened to that massexplodeguy. He almost had enough sheep following him to make clothes for an entire tribe.

Last edited by WaffleWafer,

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think there's really no reason to believe in a person who's claiming to 'use' such skill unless they have proof, or if you know them personally. It ain't bad, but believing in anything is nothing but fooling yourself and leads to people taking advantage of you. Just like what happened to that massexplodeguy. He almost had enough sheep following him to make clothes for an entire tribe.
that massexplodeguy is working with the group who are working on the memchunkhax2

Piluvr

Yeeeet
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1736465d84c0f273d28d6b309996bbd5.jpg
this could be useful for you guys.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
care to explain
how i am a sheep
He's one to just ignore. Yes, the mass guy was a fraud. However, no1dead is part of the reason Eldewrito took off.. Am I saying put all of your faith in it? No. Just give it a chance. The scene needs people with a can-do attitude. Not the ones booing from the sidelines.

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
care to explain
how i am a sheep
He's one to just ignore. Yes, the mass guy was a fraud. However, no1dead is part of the reason Eldewrito took off.. Am I saying put all of your faith in it? No. Just give it a chance. The scene needs people with a can-do attitude. Not the ones booing from the sidelines.

People blindly follow people without any reason at all except for empty promises. That's bad.
This is almost a trend, a pattern if you will. Devs who keep to themselves often have actual progress and/or releases, or a visible WIP without uttering a single word. Other "Devs" (or so they call themselves) only hypes people just for the heck of it. Usually don't have any real progress at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1