Hacking 3DS Already hacked?

Fluto

A potato in disguise
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
We’ve already had the leak of shedloads of photos from the 3DS production line. In addition, some curious tea-leaf has broken one apart for our viewing pleasure;
But the 3DS security fiasco doesn’t stop there. According to a rumour from Chinese site Gamrade, a team of hackers have already got ROMs to work on a stolen 3DS – the first step to producing pirated games.

I’d only give this particular rumour a 3/10 on the credibility scale, however. The original information comes from claims made on the site pspds.net, where, according to Gamrade, the hackers boasted that they’d got hold of a 3DS prototype and already revealed the secrets within. Since then, the site has been replaced with a “gotcha” zombie picture and a screeching sound. The whole thing could either be a practical joke, but there’s the possibility that group behind the hack are pulling the stunt on top of their real achievements.

On the off chance that the rumour is valid, it would represent a major embarrassment for Nintendo, even more so than the stolen hardware and illicit photography. Those leaks were probably beneficial to the 3DS’ profile, creating a lot of buzz around the machine.
Having security features cracked before release would be an unequivocally negative development. Nintendo have been putting their efforts to combat piracy at the forefront of the 3DS’ publicity assault. We’ll keep you updated if anything does transpire;
in the meantime, here are some more pictures.
Source
Just felt like postin this
This must be a new record I think it has been -41 days

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really hope they don't have a hack out this early. If they do, then we aren't going to see that bright a future for Nintendo Handhelds.
If they do have a hack, I hope Nintendo can stop them.

D

Deleted User

thegame07 said:
They hacked it and tested all the roms of games that hasn't even been made yet!

100% legit news! /sarcasm

Do you honestly think games aren't done for a system shipping in less than 1 month in Japan?

Think about that, then come back here...

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
brandonspikes said:
thegame07 said:

Do you honestly think games aren't done for a system shipping in less than 1 month in Japan?

Yeah and the hackers walked into the factory and grabbed some games. They can't take vids of the 3ds playing roms right? of course they can't as they don't have them. You can come back here when they release a legit vid playing roms on a 3ds.

If you believe this, There is something wrong with you.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
brandonspikes said:
thegame07 said:

Yeah and the hackers walked into the factory and grabbed some games. They can't take vids of the 3ds playing roms right? of course they can't as they don't have them. You can come back here when they release a legit vid playing roms on a 3ds.

If you believe this there is something wrong with you.
I don't think it needs to be able to play pirated games in order to be hacked.
Not that I believe it already has been hacked.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

QUOTEa team of hackers have already got ROMs to work on a stolen 3DS – the first step to producing pirated games.

I'm not the best person to judge things when it comes to hardware but without a bunch of roms to test how could they claim that?

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
QUOTE said:

QUOTEa team of hackers have already got ROMs to work on a stolen 3DS – the first step to producing pirated games.

I'm not the best person to judge things when it comes to hardware but without a bunch of roms to test how could they claim that?
Perhaps they mean the roms of the built in software?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As I said if they hacked it and it was playing roms or even had hello world on it you would see plenty of pics.

They have took pics of a 3ds shaped plastic case with a 3ds shaped motherboard in it as proof? You would think if they where playing roms on it they would take 2 secs to take pics of that?

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just looked at comments on source, these are the highest rated comments:
QUOTE said:
ShOcKeR sAy WhAt?! · 8 hours ago
those bastards.. why CANT HAKERS JUST LET GOOD THINS BE?!!?
QUOTEfireblast77529p · 7 hours ago
Why to steal something that awesome just to open it and show it's inside? Band of nerds...

OT: This is like the 3rd time we've heard this?

DeadLocked said:
OT: probably true, I wouldn't doubt it being cracked really early anyway due to the massive demand for flashcarts after the DS' flashcart's huge success.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
UniqueGeek said:
Don't they already have R4-3DS?
It was r4-3ds.com last I checked.

That was a fake, I heard...
Same goes for current Acekard 3DSes and DSThrees or whatever related...
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://metaphysic.ai/pro/individuals