3DS extra slide-pad + Monster Hunter 3G confirmed!

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Hopefully this is true... but at the same time, a peripheral made for one game? Doesn't sound right.

Why doesn't it sound right? There've been tons of them on both consoles and handhelds. And an equally long list of 'official' peripherals that end up only being supported by a small handful of games (NDS rumble pak, N64 expansion pak, Saturn RAM carts, Superscope, etc.) None of them ever 'killed' a system, they just enhanced a particular game or games for people who wanted the best experience.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
chris888222 said:
The PS Move is also a peripheral, and look at how successful it is.
I hope you mean the ps3 not the Move.

Unless I'm wrong and the Move is actually doing great?

It's not doing great (especially seeing how the Kinect soared) but it's far from being a resounding success. It's just kinda... there.
It's doing pretty well here. Much better than the kinect. (the kinect just WOAHed for a while and died down)

Still, it doesn't fail the PS3.

Likewise for this peripheral, it won't fail the 3DS.

@kingvamp: yes, the L and R enhancement buttons

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I won't be getting the slide pad addon, it's way too bulky. If it was a small attachment that fit onto the right side instead of a whole thing you insert the 3DS into then sure.
If they added a extra battery pack to the slide pad addon for extra battery life I would be interested, but that extra bulk is not worth it just for a second slide pad that games will probably be just as playable without.
Twice as much bulk to carry around, no thank you.

In fact looking at the pictures it seems way too bulky to be just a slide pad addon, there has to be a battery pack in there. Still that's a very bulky battery pack.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The Real Jdbye said:
I won't be getting the slide pad addon, it's way too bulky. If it was a small attachment that fit onto the right side instead of a whole thing you insert the 3DS into then sure.
If they added a extra battery pack to the slide pad addon for extra battery life I would be interested, but that extra bulk is not worth it just for a second slide pad that games will probably be just as playable without.
Twice as much bulk to carry around, no thank you.

In fact looking at the pictures it seems way too bulky to be just a slide pad addon, there has to be a battery pack in there. Still that's a very bulky battery pack.
If it can last for hours more, that'll be fun.
tongue.gif

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was sarcasm about the wii. I think peripherals are fine as long as they get out early and are used a lot. I don't have a wii motion plus and probably won't get one in the future. Hopefully this will get enough use to make it worth getting.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone brought this up yet but....how are we gonna reach our ABXY buttons AND play with the analog at the same time?

...Unless we master the RIGHT HANDED CLAW!!!
tpi.gif

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
sooo to play MH this time we have to claw using your right hand? what is this?, this look like a very poor design choice on nintendos part, depending on how many game i actually use it, and the price. I may or may not buy the 3ds

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably would add a r2/l2 and slide pad on a new bigger 3DS in a year to 2 years time.

I didn't think the final one would have the slide pad right next to the face buttons.

clegion said:
sooo to play MH this time we have to claw using your right hand? what is this?, this look like a very poor design choice on nintendos part, depending on how many game i actually use it, and the price. I may or may not buy the 3ds
It is not final. It is not mandatory.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
As long as it's comfortable, who cares how it looks like. My 3DS hardly leaves the house anyway.
This is how I feel. It's easy to criticize the bulky design, especially the aesthetics of it, but it could really enhance the gaming experience. I was hoping for a second analog since before the 3DS design was revealed. I don't like using the touch screen for aiming because it's uncomfortable for me to hold and play, although the accuracy is spot-on. I also like the added shoulder buttons, and it reminds me of how Nintendo improved the Classic Controller for the Wii. If there is a battery in that 2 inches of plastic, this could be even better.

The biggest downfall for me, is that I like using crystal/shell style cases to reinforce the loose hinges on my system. Using this add-on will obviously make those cases useless, unless somebody just wants to protect the upper half of the 3DS. I only play my 3DS at home, so I have no problem with it. For those out in public, like on the bus or train, this thing could draw some attention (in a "WTF is that" kind of way).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
dsfanatic5 said:
heartgold said:
As long as it's comfortable, who cares how it looks like. My 3DS hardly leaves the house anyway.
This is how I feel. It's easy to criticize the bulky design, especially the aesthetics of it, but it could really enhance the gaming experience. I was hoping for a second analog since before the 3DS design was revealed. I don't like using the touch screen for aiming because it's uncomfortable for me to hold and play, although the accuracy is spot-on. I also like the added shoulder buttons, and it reminds me of how Nintendo improved the Classic Controller for the Wii. If there is a battery in that 2 inches of plastic, this could be even better.

The biggest downfall for me, is that I like using crystal/shell style cases to reinforce the loose hinges on my system. Using this add-on will obviously make those cases useless, unless somebody just wants to protect the upper half of the 3DS. I only play my 3DS at home, so I have no problem with it. For those out in public, like on the bus or train, this thing could draw some attention (in a "WTF is that" kind of way).
+1 to this

And yeah, I just bought a crystal case for $9.90, oh bummer but at least it's not original

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great... the first 3ds add on to the system... so cool... i'm excited woo pee!! but come on monster hunter... i just can't dig too deep into that game for some odd reason... after the wii version i played it really was not my thing... i wonder if there's a release date yet...

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lcleong said:
region locked!
http://nintendoeverything.com/73292/
good luck in waiting for several years for its coming in west!

i'm not going to buy another jp 3ds for only this ...

ani't that a bitch... i bet we will see this in the west till 2014-2015... i wonder if the thingy is going come out state side through...

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
KingVamp said:
Did Nintendo give devs a choice for region lock or is this Nintendo doing?
It's Nintendo's doing.

If you check Nintendo support USA they'll even tell you why they did it.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why couldn't they make a damn flap on piece that puts a stick in that area above the power button and below the face buttons? That's enough space for a smaller size circle pad... UGH! I don't see what's so damn wrong with using the touch screen as a second analog. It works well with shooters. I don't have problem with it.

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Maybe a mistake not having a 2nd analog slider, but Nintendo also said they couldn't add a 2nd one in because there was just no more room.
your telling me the people who brought us glassless 3d couldnt figure out how to add a second analog stick! thats ridiculous... first thing I said when I saw the 3ds is, "wtf is the second analog...?" At this this offers a crap solution... albeit a solution never the less... Ill wait for the 3dsi lite XL personally.... lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Honestly a great Eminem song.