3DS extra slide-pad + Monster Hunter 3G confirmed!

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CONFIRMED:
ajgJI.png

wtai3.jpg

Thickness portrayal from GAF:
3dsgrip2urz.png

Details:
- It looks like it has L2, R2 buttons...?
QUOTE said:
It is an official Nintendo product, it is called the "Expansion Slidepad", and it will be coming out some time in the future for an undetermined price.
QUOTEOfficially the cradle adds:
- A right analog slide-pad
- R1, R2, L2 shoulder buttons (the normal 3DS L1 button is not replaced)
- An earphone port at the bottom

Unannounced, but speculated based on CE Marks on the inside of the cradle:
- The cradle could be a battery pack or have a container for the battery
- The cradle also has wireless functions, possibly replacing those on the 3DS

More pictures:
http://www.gamekyo.com/newsfr43022_monster...iers-scans.html

http://ds.ign.com/articles/119/1192682p1.html
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443839

While I do think this is completely hideous, I have to try it out before making final judgement. It looks like it might feel like a console controller.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this turns out to be true, the best thing to do would be to bundle the attachment with Monster Hunter 3G (Thought it was supposed to be Tri G? Oh well.).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't really mind the second slidepad unless it sucks a hell lot of battery and it's affordable.

As for MH 3G, nice rumor. Let's see how it goes.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh WOW... ridiculous. It's like Nintendo is affirming that putting only one analog was a bad idea (AND IT WAS, seeing how everyone complained about having only one in the PSP, Nintendo could easily have two in their 3DS).

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maedhros said:
Oh WOW... ridiculous. It's like Nintendo is affirming that putting only one analog was a bad idea (AND IT WAS, seeing how everyone complained about having only one in the PSP, Nintendo could easily have two in their 3DS).
I'm fairly certain that Nintendo flat out admitted it was a mistake only having one analog.
So it's not "like" it, it IS it, ahaha.

With more and more rumours slowly getting confirmed, maybe a hardware revision really is on the horizon.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Maedhros said:
What I am surprised is that most games work very well with just an analog on the 3DS (the camera control is brilliant)

I have to agree, a huge mistake on Nintendo's part.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
Yay, it's a peripheral, not a new console.
This.

Wouldn't mind if it nice fitting peripheral and not a new 3DS. At least not so early.

Maedhros said:
You don't know that (not saying you right or wrong). Base on the pictures they couldn't.

If they had thought about it before, we may have had a slightly bigger 3DS.

chris888222 said:
QUOTE(Maedhros @ Sep 7 2011, 10:37 AM)
What I am surprised is that most games work very well with just an analog on the 3DS (the camera control is brilliant)

I have to agree, a huge mistake on Nintendo's part.
And I didn't know about "huge" mistake either.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
If this turns out to be true, the best thing to do would be to bundle the attachment with Monster Hunter 3G (Thought it was supposed to be Tri G? Oh well.).
I still think it will be bundled with Kid Icarus for lefties. When they first announced the game, tons of lefties were complaining about how they would play.

If all these rumors are true, it's just going to go over the ABXY buttons for games like that. I don't see why it would be needed for Monster Hunter at all.

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
awssk8er said:
Zarcon said:
I still think it will be bundled with Kid Icarus for lefties. When they first announced the game, tons of lefties were complaining about how they would play.

If all these rumors are true, it's just going to go over the ABXY buttons for games like that. I don't see why it would be needed for Monster Hunter at all.
Because MH sells like hotcakes and would ensure everyone gets the attachment, ahaha.
That and the biggest complaint about the PSP MH is the lack of a right analog.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Gh0sti said:
no freakin way they can add it, it wont happen this is just internet hype rumor denied I dont want this to happen either they should have built the 2nd one in when they could
Nintendo has a history of "oh shit!" hardware patches. Examples: the N64 RAM pack necessary to play Majora's Mask and the Motion Plus Attachment for the Wiimote needed to play several games.

This is the 3rd one and probably the worst.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:

It wouldn't be a slider if that was done that way, and plenty of people would complain about not having the kind of control with it as they do with the left slider.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
awssk8er said:
Zarcon said:

Because MH sells like hotcakes and would ensure everyone gets the attachment, ahaha.
That and the biggest complaint about the PSP MH is the lack of a right analog.
But the point of the second analog would be to move the camera...

If they make the ABXY an analog stick... sure you can move the camera then... but then you don't have any buttons.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Snailface said:
Gh0sti said:
no freakin way they can add it, it wont happen this is just internet hype rumor denied I dont want this to happen either they should have built the 2nd one in when they could
Nintendo has a history of "oh shit!" hardware patches. Examples: the N64 RAM pack necessary to play Majora's Mask and the Motion Plus Attachment for the Wiimote needed to play several games.

This is the 3rd one and probably the worst.
um m+ made things better red steel 2 says HI!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto