Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I played the original. I consider it the best game of all time.

By original I meant the retail cartridge. I'm telling, just in case.

his thoughts have a lot of sense, i have a lot of games to finish yet, but if the compatibility list is not expanded for the moment when i finish them. then the only thing that would matter are the newer games. (Zelda and pokemon) and if they are not compatible by then, i will get rid of the gateway immediately

That's everyone's individual business, but for me it's a rushed decision, especially that part about selling the 3DS with the game after finishing it, which evidences the bad decision of buying a flashcard for the system in the first place.

quinterrya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By original I meant the retail cartridge. I'm telling, just in case.

That's everyone's individual business, but for me it's a rushed decision, especially that part about selling the 3DS with the game after finishing it, which evidences the bad decision of buying a flashcard for the system in the first place.

Before I respond, listen to this scenario: You invested time and money into your girlfriend. She makes a promise to visit you and she says "I'm coming soon". So you wait for her to come. You wait days, then weeks and months. But she finally show up 4 months later. The question is was she wrong? Maybe not because her interpretation of "soon" wasn't your interpretation of soon. All in all, the lack of upgrades isn't the problem, but the communication gap from Gateway is. Overall, that's not good.

Now, I brought the Gateway in hopes that it will play every game. Im not promoting piracy, but the fact is that once the 3DS is updated with the Zelda firmware update...then my Gateway will become obsolete (unless Gateway release a firmware). We can't have it both unless we get the 2.0 update or buy an extra 3DS system.

But at the same thing, I don't mind seeing how things play out.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too wish they would at least give us an update or a new video showing off Nand save (AC/Pokémon) or multi-rom or something. My burning question is will we be able to do system transfer once we get EmuNand? I have a 4.5 cosmo 3DS and also had an updated XL. I went out and bought a new XL last week because I got a super deal at Meijer ($150) and wanted to have a 4.x XL to use Gateway on. Now I have a buyer for my updated XL and can pretty much break even. Problem is I have a crap load of content on it including my transferred ambassador games as well as full purchases and other DSI and VC stuff. If we can do system transfer on EmuNand then all will be well and I will do the transfer and have the best of both worlds with all my eShop purchased content and Gateway compatibility, if not then I think I will update the cosmo 3DS and do the transfer to it. I really would love to keep both my units on 4.5 if EmuNand allows me to keep al that content.

To those with all these crazy plans about selling your 3DS and your Gateway and all that......what crazy talk. I just laugh when people are saying 'there is only one game I care about and if I don't get it I am bailing'. Apparently people like to throw away money or something. 3DS is just reaching maturity and is 2.5 years old. They are selling like mad having done close to 500K units in the US alone in October. They will sell more than that in Nov and Dec and will likely be over 40mil units in the Spring. Mario Golf, Bravely Default, SSB, a new Yoshi game are all coming in the first half of next year. That won't be everything either as being the dominate handheld it is going to get great support of the next several years. Having a 4.5 3DS or XL is like gold right now until another exploit is found (if ever). Even if Gateway evaporates it is known that Emulated Nand can be done and another flash card maker will bring out 6.x and beyond compatibility so as long as you have a 4.5 you are going to have flash carts in the future supporting newer games.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Question about playing games with gateway. I bought 3DS yesterday (should get gateway 2morrow have microsds etc ready).
I know gateway spoofs the firmware so the game thinks its running the right version.
But what version does it spoof upto?
Also if I run lets say Pokemon X (I know it doesn't work), but would this patch my system to v6.2?
EDIT: Also wanted to know how do you actually do region spoofing? I looked at user guide and it didn't mention anything, is it automatic. I want to play RF4 but its US and my 3DS is europe

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Question about playing games with gateway. I bought 3DS yesterday (should get gateway 2morrow have microsds etc ready).
I know gateway spoofs the firmware so the game thinks its running the right version.
Also if I run lets say Pokemon X (I know it doesn't work), but would this patch my system to v6.2?

It probably spoofs upto a non-existent 99.9 version, it doesn't matter, the latest version is bypassed as well.

The system WILL ALWAYS ASK if you want to update, it never occurs without your consent.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
It probably spoofs upto a non-existent 99.9 version, it doesn't matter, the latest version is bypassed as well.

The system WILL ALWAYS ASK if you want to update, it never occurs without your consent.
What if I never connect to internet? I haven't done it yet don't plan to. If all the games think I have right firmware it shouldn't prompt me for updates right

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What if I never connect to internet? I haven't done it yet don't plan to. If all the games think I have right firmware it shouldn't prompt me for updates right

??? Connecting to the internet or not doesn't affect the spoof feature... however, it only works while being in GW mode, and I reiterate, the system won't update if you don't allow the process to proceed.

If you are referring to the automatic update prompt, it occurs if you connect to the internet while having your system resting on the main menu, it's safe to play online as some people have reported.

-lame flashcart meme snip-

LOL, too bad these things won't go mainstream.

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi
why GW team are is taking so long time? maybe they have problem? same admin is in contact with team?
sorry for bad english

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
why GW team are is taking so long time? maybe they have problem? same admin is in contact with team?
sorry for bad english
If I gave you a airplane and asked you to modify it into a boat would you be able to do it in a month? It takes time for them to study the current firmware since Nintendo made changes to prevent piracy. Gateway makers will release just give them time if someone else does it faster that's great but currently we got to wait for gateway. No ETA as they don't know exactly what problems may arise to make 2.0, they know some things like nand saves etc

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes, sure they have had hard woork, i'd like know if they are testing the fw or are completing the woork

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok well I'm gonna wait until a few days after Bravely Defaults release date, after this I'll just be totally AMD certified...

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: Also wanted to know how do you actually do region spoofing? I looked at user guide and it didn't mention anything, is it automatic. I want to play RF4 but its US and my 3DS is europe

dagro just curious where did u get your gateway card from here in the uk, teensy.co.uk? im gonna wait till the 2.0 update before i go for it probably. I bought two of the argos black 3dsxl's same firmware as you.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
dagro just curious where did u get your gateway card from here in the uk, teensy.co.uk? im gonna wait till the 2.0 update before i go for it probably. I bought two of the argos black 3dsxl's same firmware as you.
Yep teensy havent recieved it yet though but they said 1st class postage so I will wait until friday before I contact, think I will get it 2morrow though. I was gonna order from the 2nd site from reseller list but it said ships from asia on gw3ds site but it said uk on their own site so just payed few extra got it from teenzy

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep teensy havent recieved it yet though but they said 1st class postage so I will wait until friday before I contact, think I will get it 2morrow though. I was gonna order from the 2nd site from reseller list but it said ships from asia on gw3ds site but it said uk on their own site so just payed few extra got it from teenzy

cool thanks for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Gross. lol